Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Unread post by Xella »

oh, thank goodness. I've been after an int dagger from Warlord O'morogg in Shattered Halls to match the void elf heritage armor, but his loot table appears to be all screwed up—my druid (in resto loot spec) was getting the bow (or nothing), and my mage kept getting the two-handed mace (or nothing). I haven't got a clue what character and spec I should run it on to actually get the item that I want for a rogue. Hopefully they don't end up scrapping it, I would be very sad.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xella wrote:oh, thank goodness. I've been after an int dagger from Warlord O'morogg in Shattered Halls to match the void elf heritage armor, but his loot table appears to be all screwed up—my druid (in resto loot spec) was getting the bow (or nothing), and my mage kept getting the two-handed mace (or nothing). I haven't got a clue what character and spec I should run it on to actually get the item that I want for a rogue. Hopefully they don't end up scrapping it, I would be very sad.
In case you ever need to figure out which spec is assigned to which loot, check the Wowhead page for the item in question!

As an example, the Mace he drops:
The classes and specs are listed there. :)
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (53.49 KiB) Viewed 3320 times
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Vephriel wrote:
Xella wrote:oh, thank goodness. I've been after an int dagger from Warlord O'morogg in Shattered Halls to match the void elf heritage armor, but his loot table appears to be all screwed up—my druid (in resto loot spec) was getting the bow (or nothing), and my mage kept getting the two-handed mace (or nothing). I haven't got a clue what character and spec I should run it on to actually get the item that I want for a rogue. Hopefully they don't end up scrapping it, I would be very sad.
In case you ever need to figure out which spec is assigned to which loot, check the Wowhead page for the item in question!

As an example, the Mace he drops:
The classes and specs are listed there. :)
Right, it's the same in the dungeon journal, EXCEPT that he's not dropping the correct things for the correct classes—that boss' loot in particular is bugged, and the weapons in particular are dropping for classes not listed on wowhead/the dungeon journal. A mage should never get that maul, but I have... twice. I've gotten the bow three times on my druid, who shouldn't have been eligible for it. I suspect that I'd get the dagger on a DK or something else that can't use the thing, but it's impossible to tell right now who is ACTUALLY eligible for what loot, because of the bug.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Maybe we need to send O'mrogg to Wowhead to "gently remind" him what loot goes where. :P
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A new Alpha build recently deployed. Nothing interesting so far.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Wowhead shows that Primal Instincts was taken out. That's a shame, since it was one of the talents that made the new Survival look fun. Harpoon in, Disengage out, Aspect of the Throwing Owls, Disengage back and Harpoon back into melee, repeat. That would've been a great way to make people learn how to move AND fight effectively as melee, while also staying fun.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Today's build is listing these changes:

HUNTER_PET_CUNNING_CORE_ABILITY_1
While your pet is active, you both move faster. Originally listed as moving 8% faster.

HUNTER_PET_TENACITY_CORE_ABILITY_1
While your pet is active, you both gain increased maximum health. Originally listed as 10% increased maximum health.

HUNTER_PET_FEROCITY_CORE_ABILITY_1
While your pet is active, you both gain Leech. Originally listed as 3% increased Leech.

So Blizz may be rethinking what benefits the three specs grant or how much of a buff they grant.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Several rep factions had their names changed.
  • Voice of Azeroth to Champions of Azeroth
    House Waycrest to Order of Embers
    House Stormsong to Storm's Wake
    Nazmir Expedition to Talanji's Expedition
    Vulpera to Voldunai
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

New Survival talent added

Viper's Venom: Raptor Strike has a 15% chance to make your next Serpent Sting cost no Focus and deal an additional 200% initial damage. Tier 1 Talent, in place of Terms of Engagement (Harpoon generates 40 focus over 10 sec, and killing an enemy resets the cooldown of Harpoon).

Binding Shot and Camouflage are available to all specs.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay!! I NEED camo back for BM!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

New Forsaken posture and walking animations: https://youtu.be/MO8k4glSAIY
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

No me gusta. I like the hunched, lumbering walk they have currently. The upright one feels stiff and bland. And holy moly, did you see how the male's ribcage stretches and shifts unnaturally from behind with the updated posture? Freaky. No thanks. I hope these are optional.

Edit: What's the point of all these posture changes, btw? Are they homogenizing postures while simultaneously trying to de-homogenize classes? For Pete's sake. The hunched races are fine.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They will most likely be optional, much like you will be able to choose between hunched and straightback orcs. Besides, it's clearly unfinished (for the reasons you pointed out) and hasn't be used on any Forsaken npcs in the Alpha. Maybe we'll see it finished sometime soon :)
Vephriel

I'm positive it'll be an optional thing, like the orcs getting the option to straighten their backs. A lot of people have wanted their Horde characters to have straight posture for a long time, so I'm glad they're adding this kind of thing as a player choice. :) I'm certain the undead one is going to be put in at the barber shop eventually, there's no sense for it not to be when they've been putting it on NPCs in the alpha. (so far the forsaken guards in the troll city have been using the new straight backs)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The guards have been? That's good to know. The Reddit thread that I got this video from said that no Forsaken npcs were using it, but glad to hear that it available for people to see ingame, even if just on npcs for now :)
Vephriel

Valnaaros wrote:The guards have been? That's good to know. The Reddit thread that I got this video from said that no Forsaken npcs were using it, but glad to hear that it available for people to see ingame, even if just on npcs for now :)
Yep! http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screensho ... 706802.jpg
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Really liking that! And like has been said, it will definitely be optional. If you prefer to remain hunched, you can :)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

As long as it's an option, I'm all for it. More player customization options are never a bad thing!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Azerite abilities for Shamans and Hunters: http://www.wowhead.com/news=282443/the- ... and-shaman
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I like the female upright undead. I don't feel like the male one goes far enough; he's still hunched over pretty far.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket