Blood Beast taming search

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Blood Beast taming search

Unread post by Equeon »

I heard that percussion ramping up right after it ended. Lovely song, Veph.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Are we sure this tome is not just behind so timegated wall, like it not avaible until Zuldazar raid opens?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

evil950510 wrote:Are we sure this tome is not just behind so timegated wall, like it not avaible until Zuldazar raid opens?
It's definately possible.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Glad everyone liked the Christmas Crawg. <3

All silliness aside, after a week of intense searching by the community and not a single lead, I'm beginning to have doubts this is implemented...

I don't want to give up or sound lazy, but at the same time, it just seems hard to believe that we wouldn't have found anything at this point. Would a hunter pet family really be this complicated to puzzle out? I know we've had things like Gara, and the hidden spirit beasts in the cities, but...I don't know. Part of me is starting to wonder if this was meant for a future patch perhaps (correct me if I'm wrong but we never specifically had an announcement from Blizzard that blood beasts were coming, all news regarding them came from fansite datamining, right?) Maybe we jumped the gun?

Mostly what I'd like at this point is an actual confirmation from someone that it's live or not. Muffinus' tractor emoji was exciting at first, but as the days went on without any progress (and a much larger pool of people searching thanks to the secret finders), it doesn't feel like enough. I wish we could get a positive 'yes it's obtainable right now' or 'it's time gated so you might have to wait' or 'it's not currently in the game'.

I'm not even asking for a big hint, just knowing we definitely aren't wasting our time would be a huge mental relief and boost of confidence. I've been trying things for days and bouncing ideas off of other people in the community with no luck and I've reached the point where I'm going to sit back until something new happens, because I'm burning myself out on this hunt. I just really wanted a crawg and a spiderbat. :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I admit it's a little frustrating. Hopefully it's just something we overlooked, rather than something that requires a "WoW Secrets" level of community involvement to solve.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm also thinking the same thing.

The tome was solely datamined from Wowhead. Muffinus nor anyone else at Blizz actually said that it would be coming in 8.1. That was (albeit fair) assumption on our part.

With Gara and other hidden beasts, things were found relatively quickly. It has been a week and there hasn't even been the first step discovered of this secret. I would really like somesort of confirmation that it is actually implemented, that it can actually be found right now (as in not timegated), and that it is actually working -- not the first time that something that was supposedly obtainable turned out to be broken.

I've spent many, many, many hours searching during the PTR and alongside the Secret Finders on Live. Nothing. I'm at the point where unless we're given complete confirmation or a decent hint, I'm just done searching for the time being.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:I admit it's a little frustrating. Hopefully it's just something we overlooked, rather than something that requires a "WoW Secrets" level of community involvement to solve.
I don't know. The Secret Finders and Petopians have been rather in the search. Anything that would make sense (Zul, Blood, Nazmir, Old Gods, etc) has been tried and tested with a variety of methods, and the same goes for ideas that don't really have a connection with Blood Beasts. If this is truly meant to be a secret then, imo, it was overdone. An entire Hunter pet family should not be hidden behind a complex and obscure secret.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess it's possible that it's not implemented yet, but the fact that Jeremy and team put the tome on Flaskataur so we could test it out on the 8.1 PTR makes me think it must be in game somewhere, just hard to find / achieve. I could be wrong, though.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Just logged on my PTR where I got my own Spud and noticed both numbers for PTR and live are the same if it isn't in live yet why are we able to tame them on PTR even the new allied races aren't on PTR cause we know they are later. If Blizzard wasn't going to let us tame them now would it be in PTR or is this all for fun on them torturing us.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Iowawolf wrote:Just logged on my PTR where I got my own Spud and noticed both numbers for PTR and live are the same if it isn't in live yet why are we able to tame them on PTR even the new allied races aren't on PTR cause we know they are later. If Blizzard wasn't going to let us tame them now would it be in PTR or is this all for fun on them torturing us.
They likely made them open on PTR so people can, you know, test them.

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bowno wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:Just logged on my PTR where I got my own Spud and noticed both numbers for PTR and live are the same if it isn't in live yet why are we able to tame them on PTR even the new allied races aren't on PTR cause we know they are later. If Blizzard wasn't going to let us tame them now would it be in PTR or is this all for fun on them torturing us.
They likely made them open on PTR so people can, you know, test them.
That's possible! Though it's uncommon for something like that to be made testable on the PTR if it's not intended for the upcoming patch. Though if it's part of content coming later in the new patch, say something that's going to become available in the BoD raid, then that does make sense, even if it would be frustrating.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

This is simple, it was not implemented yet and they wanted to test if there would be any issues. Think about it if it was live on ptr way would it be on a npc than drop off the mob or area it was suppose to be found in?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It does make a lot of sense. Would explain why no one has found anything.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Usually someone comes out and tells us that it's not implemented yet though.

Muffinus told the Secret Finders the Hivemind wasn't implemented yet after they searched for like a week after BFA launched.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Think the vagueness of Muffinus' tractor emoji was just to keep players on a wild goose chase that way we would be distracted until it is actually patched in. No designer has yet come out and said it is in game we just need to keep looking. Are we saying a item to tame Blood Beast is more obscure than a mount?
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Myzou wrote:Usually someone comes out and tells us that it's not implemented yet though.

Muffinus told the Secret Finders the Hivemind wasn't implemented yet after they searched for like a week after BFA launched.
Exactly, it will come out that its in game; however, its locked behind a rep grind for a fraction that will come out when Zuldazar is released or a mob only found in Zuldazar. They will just say oops we forgot to mention this.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Blizz's communication has not been great. Even for big things that affect everyone. I am not confident they would communicate on what is, in the scheme of things, a minor issue. It's not minor to us, but, it probably is to them. This has gone from exciting to depressing kinda fast. I am also of the mind that "I don't necessarily want a hint, I just need to know if I even SHOULD be looking."
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I concur, I think some sort of clear, non-cryptic, non-emoji indicator of whether or not its even obtainable yet would be a nice gesture. People wasting time is not endearing.

But that could be my bias because I never enjoyed WoW's form of secrets and puzzles. Don't get me wrong, I am really glad the secrets community enjoy them so much and I hope Blizz continues to make them (also because I'd never get these zany rewards without those folks). The puzzles just never personally tripped my trigger because the majority of them are so damn illogical and random. I'm just trying to become a floating brain, but first me and 4 other strangers have to barge into some lady's house and spend 30 minutes petting her cats until we pet them just right. Like, ok?

I love a good puzzle when they make some sense. If I have to tap the ketchup 3 times to make the cow hostile and loot magic tube of hair gel from it, I'll leave that to those who are clearly smarter and more patient than me. :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Teigan. Agreed. If Blizz just so happens to forget to mention that PvP titles can only be used in season, that AK will stop increasing until Jan 22nd, various dungeon changes, that profession gear will require you to have the profession in order to equip them (BfA launch gear did not), then I can easily see them “forgetting” to mention that we can’t actually get the Tome yet.
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

I've been in the secret finder discord since they started working on this, and no one is even a teeny bit closer to figuring this out than we were a week ago. I've spent hours and hours - as have others - searching, trying everything I could think of, some ridiculous, to find this tome. I think I'm done caring for now. They can't even be bothered to tell us if it's actually in the game even though Muffinus and others know we're actively searching. While I enjoy a good search and puzzle, the refusal to answer even the basic question of 'can we get it now?' coupled with the seemingly impossible nature of the tome's clues has caused me to give up. This isn't even remotely fun anymore. I don't care about Crawgs as much as Blizz seems to think. Certainly not enough to spend hours of my gaming time flopping around a bog looking for something that from all sensible accounts just isn't there.

I'll go tame them once it's confirmed to be in game. What was supposed to be an enjoyable pet hunt has left me not even giving a crawg crap.