8.0 New Expansion pet ideas/wishes

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: 8.0 New Expansion pet ideas/wishes

Unread post by Shade »

The Unicorn/saberhorns-top wish.

Aardwolves and African Wild Dogs are also wonderful creatures that would match a dry troll area?

Any new type of dog that is not a pug or a mastiff. The demon dogs are not a favorite, and I've never been a fan of either breed of dog that they have implemented. The fact the the pug pet scoots its butt on the ground every 5-10 mins make me think the poor thing has really bad anal glands and/or worms and needs medial attention right away. Having an entirely new zone with a different 'branch' of humans would be a great way to put in a new dog breed or two-but of course they wont-if there are dogs in the area they will just recycle the same old mastiffs, le sigh. Poodles, Newfoundlands, Settlers, labs, Portuguese Water dogs, retrievers... there are so many options for dog breeds that are bred to work in the water-but no-those people will have Mastiffs-which are a working class guard dog, cause that is what is helpful to people on ships....
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That Australian Shepherd model is currently being used in BfA, however, the npcs that use the model are called Retrievers. They are seen strictly on Kul Tiras as both house pets and hunting companions.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Theres new bat models??? I know theres the new Bat Loa, but did I miss something :o
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is only one new model, and it is just an altered Fel Bat model. Is meant to be one of the Forsaken Bats. No idea why they didn't just use the currently existing bat models instead of altering the fel bat.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh you mean this? I was thinking beast bat and not demon bat.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep, that's the one! :)
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Only wish is for Unicorn/Saberhorns. Sadly, don't look like it's going to happen anytime soon
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

I want to tame this beauty.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Chya wrote:Only wish is for Unicorn/Saberhorns. Sadly, don't look like it's going to happen anytime soon
Don't give up hope yet! They haven't done the "taming pass" on the Alpha yet, where we discover what is and is not going to be tameable (including new families or additions to existing).
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Quiv wrote:
Chya wrote:Only wish is for Unicorn/Saberhorns. Sadly, don't look like it's going to happen anytime soon
Don't give up hope yet! They haven't done the "taming pass" on the Alpha yet, where we discover what is and is not going to be tameable (including new families or additions to existing).
True, there is still time and maybe they will be. Just have to wait and see.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

After fiddling around on the alpha, I want the following; Yetis, Crawgs, and Diemetradons. Yetis are literally just horned gorillas, so it's amazing that they're humanoid and not beasts like they once were. They would fit so impressively well within the gorilla family, giving it two new options for models (upright with random horns, gorilla pose with huge horns). Diemetradons are hopefully guaranteed, what with the entire Zandalar area being Jurassic Park at this point, and have the same animations as Basilisks and Crocolisks. Put them in a family already! Finally, Crawgs are just awesome in design, and are shown as pets and mounts to the Blood Trolls. It'd be such a bad thing if they didn't make these interesting things tameable.

And +1 more to Ji-Kun being tameable. Seriously, why is it NOT tameable yet? It's time, Blizzard! Same with Horridon.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yetis aren't a possibility. Lore from the second Traveler book revealed that they are very intelligent. They cannot speak, but they are capable of utilizing strategy in combat, name each other, form alliances with other races, and have even believe in an afterlife called the "Afterlands".

I completely agree with Diemetradons. They should become tamable. Crawgs, however, I'm not so sure. They are abominations, but it comes down to whether they can be controlled or befriended by races outside of the Blood Trolls.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Sometimes I don't know what I want till I see it...

And sometimes I want it so bad, I make poorly edited fake images to help ease the pain.

asajiro
Realm: Terenas

Unread post by asajiro »

Faultline

Khoovi
Realm: Moon Guard - US

Unread post by Khoovi »

I would love to see the unicorns available as companions, I especially love the pale ones (still persevering on getting the mount)

As I mentioned in the pet update thread, I would love to see a multi-coloured wind serpent as appeared long ago in "The Art of World of Warcraft" book page 58 . It might be particularly popular with trolls !

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Have we ever had an alpha/beta go this long without new pet families being even talked about by the devs?

We're 2.5-3 months away from the pre-patch hitting the PTR, so I'm starting to get worried.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They probably won't be added til very late Alpha or early Beta. They won't make new families or perform a taming pass till NPCs and zones are more finalized.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

A couple months back, Muffinus posted a tweet asking hunters what they wanted tameable (new and old). So its definitely on Mr. Feasel's radar!
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

PLEASE give us those amazing lizards and more colors of the new raptor skins. Still so sad the lizards were taken away in Alpha :( Oh and keep the new troll druid form cat tame able and give us the bear one too..please, they can be nakie (without the armor in that makes it better...please)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm pretty sure all of the new raptor colors are in, they are just not all tamable yet. And I'm certain that we will be able to tame Saurolisks once they perform the taming pass. Patience :)