Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Fang

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Fang »

I want the alpaca so bad now. I still had the alpaca when it was tamable as a camel so i decided to check it out.

Tammo
Realm: Blade's-Edge EU

Unread post by Tammo »

Cant check because no gnome, but beastlored sabertron in stormsong wq (horde stuff) and it said you dont know how to tame mechs so might be tameable now. Will check when i can change to gnomeboy
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It has been checked already and is tamable. Unfortunately, it is bugged so that only the red one becomes attackable.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Silly question. Is there a list of what pets are what specializations, sorted by said specialization?

Only list I can find sorts them alphabetically or on separate pages. There's no option for instance, to see all ferocity pets to plan out what pet you want to bring for heroism, all cunning pets to plan out what pet to bring for master's call in PvP, or Tenacity to plan what pet to bring for soloing/raids where hero isn't needed.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Myzou wrote:Silly question. Is there a list of what pets are what specializations, sorted by said specialization?

Only list I can find sorts them alphabetically or on separate pages. There's no option for instance, to see all ferocity pets to plan out what pet you want to bring for heroism, all cunning pets to plan out what pet to bring for master's call in PvP, or Tenacity to plan what pet to bring for soloing/raids where hero isn't needed.
Wain is actually working on a new layout for the main page that has a sorting feature like that:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/index2.php

Each specialization is a toggle, so if you only want to see Tenacity pets, then uncheck the other ones. (and if you play MM or SV you can uncheck Exotic pets so they don't even show up)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote:
Myzou wrote:Silly question. Is there a list of what pets are what specializations, sorted by said specialization?

Wain is actually working on a new layout for the main page that has a sorting feature like that:

Each specialization is a toggle, so if you only want to see Tenacity pets, then uncheck the other ones. (and if you play MM or SV you can uncheck Exotic pets so they don't even show up)
Ooh, Fancy! Thanks :)

Though Wain, it might be worth making it so if you have Exotic Checked but none others, it only shows exotic pets, rather than none. Seems weird you can't filter out *only* exotic pets.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Myzou wrote:
Vephriel wrote:

Ooh, Fancy! Thanks :)

Though Wain, it might be worth making it so if you have Exotic Checked but none others, it only shows exotic pets, rather than none. Seems weird you can't filter out *only* exotic pets.
It would be a good feature, though I imagine that might be an issue with how it behaves with the other toggles - if you're telling it to show Exotics only, you also have Ferocity/Cunning/Tenacity turned off so it can't show any of those pet types. Might need some different coding?

(also here's the feedback thread for the new site layout: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25365)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

0 chance, I know, but has anyone checked new Silithus in BfA to see if the new blue, purple and black silithid models are tameable there?
(Is it even possible to get to that Silithus at this point?)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I've been checking every single week and they are still untamable. Sorry :(
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I've been checking every single week and they are still untamable. Sorry :(
Ah, you have? How diligent.
Thanks. I didn't really have any high hopes either way. At this point, I'm sure the 3 Silithus rares won't be tameable.
I still struggle to comprehend it, but it's the way it is.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Thanks, and happy to help :) Even if the chances aren't great, I'll still keep checking until the pre-patch is deployed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated our official BfA looks page so that it displays tameable looks before untameable/unused ones:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/bfalooks.php

Please let me know if I got any wrong! It looks like most colours of most things have been found and tamed already, which is great. There are some noteable omissions, but hopefully we'll find tameable ones of those soon.

For simplicity I'm not going to differentiate between an untameable look and an unused one on that page.

Oh, I also removed rabbits. Are there any left that are tameable or did they fix them all? I get the impression they were a mistake.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nice work, Wain! And yes, rabbits were a mistake. They fixed them about a month or so ago.

Both the red and green parrots are tamable. A few weeks ago, the Trained Parrot was changed so thay it could spawn as any of the new parrot variants.

The onyx & emerald and the brown crab variants are tamable.

The rest of the Saurids should become tamable at some point. Same goes for the Pterrodaxes, for the most part.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Wed May 30, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

What grey old Pterrordax was tameable? I found the two in Un'Goro, but the only grey ones listed weren't tameable last I looked.

EDIT: The green and red Grand Parrots are known tameable on at least one NPC. They were posted in the other thread that lists every beast found on the beta. "Trained Parrot" uses either skin, but it's classified as a Carrion Bird rather than Bird of Prey. Likely an oversight, maybe fixed by now. I haven't logged on in a while to check. Likewise, where is the new Darkhound found? The flaming one, that is. I don't recall anyone finding it on a tameable beast.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep, mentioned the parrots, and I fixed the family change about a week ago.

The Blazehound uses the skin, but it hasn't been found yet. It is most likely in the Dark Iron scenario of the Firelands. Without spoiling what happens, it would make sense for the Blazehound to be there.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Wed May 30, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Has anyone tried to find these lads/lasses yet?

http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=122570/dew-monster
http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=131614/geshnar
http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=123603/roughback-leaper
http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=134675/trilobite
http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=123727/stonescale-saurolisk

Now, don't look at me like that. I know they're marked as wolves, but WoWhead is usually one build behind with that kind of database info, so they still have that information from before the new beasts were put in their proper family.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The roughback leaper is in Nazmir and is untamable. It has a diet, though.

The Stonescale Saurolisk was in an early build and was used as a mount for Troggs in Tiragarde.

I haven't seen the other three. The trilobite may or may not be implemented. The first two might be spawned by a World Quest.
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Have they changed the designation for some of the pets in beta? Hyenas are listed as ferocity on the Petopia page, but they're cunning in beta. Same with my stag which is tenacity in beta and ferocity on Petopia's site. My frog, however, who was ferocity in beta, has now changed to tenacity and is reflected on Petopia's site as such.

I hope Blizzard doesn't go messing with specs again. I was so looking forward to using one of the new toads as a ferocity pet, but it seems they've changed it to a tank, which when you think about it doesn't really make sense for a toad as they're so delicate. Thank goodness the bees are still ferocity. Honey and I shall rule the wilds of Drustvar!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Shoonasasi wrote:Have they changed the designation for some of the pets in beta? Hyenas are listed as ferocity on the Petopia page, but they're cunning in beta. Same with my stag which is tenacity in beta and ferocity on Petopia's site. My frog, however, who was ferocity in beta, has now changed to tenacity and is reflected on Petopia's site as such.

I hope Blizzard doesn't go messing with specs again. I was so looking forward to using one of the new toads as a ferocity pet, but it seems they've changed it to a tank, which when you think about it doesn't really make sense for a toad as they're so delicate. Thank goodness the bees are still ferocity. Honey and I shall rule the wilds of Drustvar!
Tenacity doesn't mean tank anymore, and ferocity isn't the only viable dps spec. The specs each bring something different, but none is overwhelmingly better for tanking or dps. Tenacity will have a higher health (6% more) and a reduced damage taken CD, but ferocity will have leech (and bloodlust). Cunning will have a movement speed passive and Master's Call (removes snares and roots, and can quickly move your pet back to you, out of the way of a massive hit).
Shoonasasi

Unread post by Shoonasasi »

Xota wrote:Tenacity doesn't mean tank anymore, and ferocity isn't the only viable dps spec. The specs each bring something different, but none is overwhelmingly better for tanking or dps. Tenacity will have a higher health (6% more) and a reduced damage taken CD, but ferocity will have leech (and bloodlust). Cunning will have a movement speed passive and Master's Call (removes snares and roots, and can quickly move your pet back to you, out of the way of a massive hit).
I know about the spec changes, but I was hoping to have a pet that I love while also getting the leech/heroism when I needed it while levelling, especially as it is apparently quite a strong leech %. I know I can use a Hyena and still get the same dps, but I'd love to have the benefits of a ferocity pet. I'm really looking forward to using a Bee, however, and they don't seem to have changed that from a ferocity pet, so I will still get to use my favourite pet and get the leech and heroism from it. I was just happy to see the pet skins that I was so excited about were all ferocity, and that seems to have changed. Perhaps I will find the movement speed more helpful while levelling, who knows! I'll still use the pets I find look the best. I match pets to my transmog, so I'm sure I'll be taming all sorts of things!