WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 78  Next
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:55 pm 
The Insane
The Insane

Knarlg wrote:
Here's something, trained parrots in Stormsong can come in all three colours. Not just the green one that is listed.

I thought all three colours were listed. Could you please let me know where you're seeing this? Maybe I need to fix something. Thanks :)

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:55 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Valnaaros wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
Also, so far as I know, Jeremy Feasel hasn't made a peep about special challenge tames, or spirit beasts, or whatever either. :(

Yeah, he hasn't said a word. Typically if there is something to be found, there would be a hint of some sort. It's very odd. Even WoD had Gara. :/

Yeah, something to nudge us into at least having some sort of idea that there is something to be found.

I think there was also a wasted opportunity to make a Wicker spirit beast. I think that would fit like a glove, to be honest.

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:17 pm 
The Insane
The Insane

Xota wrote:
This will show you if the npc has a special effect baked into it, as well as printing out the npcid, since sometimes there are multiple npcs with the same name but different looks.
Code:
/run local npcid = tonumber(strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$")) print(npcid) ShowUIPanel(DressUpFrame) DressUpModel:SetCreature(npcid)

This is what I was using to check, so if they keep the effects as a hidden buff, I probably missed it. I was peaking at things while prowling on my druid, and then went to test taming later.

I only just realised that your macro will randomly show one of the possible appearances of the NPC you target, and not necessarily the one it's currently displaying, so by hitting the macro repeatedly you should eventually discover every possible colour it can come in. That's going to be incredibly handy! Thanks again!

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:53 pm 

another raven at Drustvar 27, 72 around the south of the town. One sitting at a lantern next to flightmaster tameable:
(counts as bird of prey -.-)

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:10 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Shadow Council
Blackthorne is a tamable wasp. Located in the Deathmist Hills in Tiragarde Sound.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:41 pm 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: Dalaran
Feasting skyscreamer is available in the “Brown” variant in Atal’Dazar (all difficulties probably, but I got him in mythic). The orange model is listed as being there too but I never saw it and I’m thinking maybe the two got confused? Either way, Brown is definitely tameable in the dungeon. You can tell it’s the right skin by the blue eyes.

Attachments:
8DAF856A-53A4-44BA-8734-F03197E91DD6.jpeg [108.62 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 am 
The Insane
The Insane

Valnaaros wrote:
Blackthorne is a tamable wasp. Located in the Deathmist Hills in Tiragarde Sound.

Cool, thanks!

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:32 am 
The Insane
The Insane

Sarynotsorry wrote:
Feasting skyscreamer is available in the “Brown” variant in Atal’Dazar (all difficulties probably, but I got him in mythic). The orange model is listed as being there too but I never saw it and I’m thinking maybe the two got confused? Either way, Brown is definitely tameable in the dungeon. You can tell it’s the right skin by the blue eyes.

Thanks for catching that. Odd. I'll have to confirm later which colours are actually present in the dungeon vs the wild. Perhaps they differ. Did you see all the other colours listed for it? i.e.: http://www.wow-petopia.com/search.php?s ... iet=&tree=

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 am 
The Insane
The Insane

Thingol wrote:
another raven at Drustvar 27, 72 around the south of the town. One sitting at a lantern next to flightmaster tameable:
(counts as bird of prey -.-)

Thanks for reporting it :)
Could it be this one?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=135574/coastal-raven
The location looks right. If so, it's in our database.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:15 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Korgath
Has anyone thought to check the draenor dire ravens? they use the same skeleton as the new pterrodaxes so I thought maybe theres a chance lol

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 am 

Realm: Saurfang
Wain wrote:
Knarlg wrote:
Here's something, trained parrots in Stormsong can come in all three colours. Not just the green one that is listed.

I thought all three colours were listed. Could you please let me know where you're seeing this? Maybe I need to fix something. Thanks :)

Oops was my bad I forgot to check the full carrion birds listing, all three colours are on there, sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:12 am 
The Insane
The Insane

Knarlg wrote:
Wain wrote:
Knarlg wrote:

Oops was my bad I forgot to check the full carrion birds listing, all three colours are on there, sorry for wasting everyone's time.

All good :) It is kinda confusing right now.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:14 am 
The Insane
The Insane

Sarynotsorry wrote:

So it looks like all the tameable pterrordaxes that were listed as orange are actually brown. So, the good news is brown is tameable when we thought it wasn't. The bad news it orange isn't tameable (unless it's on an unreported one) :( Sorry for that, and thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:04 am 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Realm: Dalaran
Wain wrote:
Sarynotsorry wrote:

So it looks like all the tameable pterrordaxes that were listed as orange are actually brown. So, the good news is brown is tameable when we thought it wasn't. The bad news it orange isn't tameable (unless it's on an unreported one) :( Sorry for that, and thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

No problem! I’ll keep an eye out for orange next time I’m in there. :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:17 am 
The Insane
The Insane

Another pterrordax colour has fallen :( I re-checked the Feasting Skyscreamers inside the dungeon and what was listed as grey was actually brown. In the yellowish zone lighting it's actually a really easy mistake to make. I found the easiest way to tell the difference was the top of the tail - the brown ones have a richer, pinkish tail while in the grey ones the tail runs to a darker shade.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:58 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Proudmoore
Weird little note:

The mushroom guys you kill for the Mushroom achievement are classified as Beasts.

They're not tameable obviously, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:59 am 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: Uther
Here is what I have tamed so far:

I named this one, "Pollyanna"

"Talus"

"Edgar"

"Husk"

"Komodo" :roll:

"Summer"

"Tally"

"Duppy" :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:50 pm 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I really hope they do a huge tameable pass in 8.1 and maybe add if possible, hopefully the horses. It's been frustratingly annoying seeing "creature is not tameable" everywhere..

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:33 pm 

Realm: Borean Tundra
The ravenous sandworms from the world quest "Sandfishing" use the red jormungar skin.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:58 pm 

Realm: Zul'jin
I was able to tame the onyx-sapphire crab. It was a rare mob in Drustvar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 78  Next