Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xota wrote:And I just verified that it keeps it through death. I don't think any of the other cursed beasts have the effect baked in, but I could have missed checking some of them.
This is awesome!! I wonder what's different about these goats compared to other hexed creatures in Drustvar, I even tried a few more on my way to see if any others retained the spell effect but nothing so far.

I'm so happy with my witch goat. I even tamed the one who was worshipping at his own little occult symbol. :D

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow, that's amazing! Thanks. I'll add it and tweet about it.

Also, I need to work out how to generate an image with that effect on it. Hmm. :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

This will show you if the npc has a special effect baked into it, as well as printing out the npcid, since sometimes there are multiple npcs with the same name but different looks.

Code: Select all

/run local npcid = tonumber(strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$")) print(npcid) ShowUIPanel(DressUpFrame) DressUpModel:SetCreature(npcid)
This is what I was using to check, so if they keep the effects as a hidden buff, I probably missed it. I was peaking at things while prowling on my druid, and then went to test taming later.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks, that's going to be a really handy predictor macro :). If only I could get WMV to show that effect but it's not showing extra textures properly.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

The DressUpModel of that goat is actually missing some of the visual effects. But I had it out when I went into an arena, and it kept all the visuals.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've just added it to the spotted black goat page for now, since that's its base colour, with a note explaining the effect. I would like to get a page up for that effect (and individual pages for beasts that retain spears and other effects) but most require graphics skills :P I'll have to bug SpiritBinder :D
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

That's so cool! I'll have to grab one of those spooky goats later today :D
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

This was awesome to wake up to! Went and got me a pair! Superstition and Bewitched at now my new buddies. (Having to keep taming two for matching pets is gonna start getting hard to do, ugh)

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

This is really cool. I hope that instead of changing this goat to be normal when tamed, they change all the other hexed creatures to keep their special looks too. It really is an interesting effect.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Qraljar wrote:This is really cool. I hope that instead of changing this goat to be normal when tamed, they change all the other hexed creatures to keep their special looks too. It really is an interesting effect.
Tamed one this morning. Named him Crowley, after Aleister Crowley, the founder of modern Satanism (because calling him "Baphomet" felt a bit too on-the-nose for an evil goat...)
Image Image
Vephriel

Holgarr wrote:
Qraljar wrote:This is really cool. I hope that instead of changing this goat to be normal when tamed, they change all the other hexed creatures to keep their special looks too. It really is an interesting effect.
Tamed one this morning. Named him Crowley, after Aleister Crowley, the founder of modern Satanism (because calling him "Baphomet" felt a bit too on-the-nose for an evil goat...)
Love it! :D I named mine Phillip, after Black Phillip from one of my favourite movies, The Witch.
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Vephriel wrote:
Holgarr wrote:
Love it! :D I named mine Phillip, after Black Phillip from one of my favourite movies, The Witch.
There is a Black Phillip reference near the Legion town of Bradenbrook... a black goat named Phillip that is flaged as a Demon instead of a Beast.
Image Image
Vephriel

Holgarr wrote:
Vephriel wrote: Love it! :D I named mine Phillip, after Black Phillip from one of my favourite movies, The Witch.
There is a Black Phillip reference near the Legion town of Bradenbrook... a black goat named Phillip that is flaged as a Demon instead of a Beast.
I knowww!!! I went to go tame him when I found out only to see he was a demon. :lol: Love it though.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I really wish the fungus stags could be tamed with their extra bits, like Osca, Wildtusk, and now the Hexed Craghopper.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Not sure if this was caught before, but the Cursed Snapclaw around Fletcher's Hollow also retains its effects, even if they're a bit more subtle.

Not my find, by the way. Saw it on the secret finder Discord.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Can confirm, those crabs do look nice. Can't quite tell what skin they have under the hex effect, but it's still cool.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:Image
Not sure if this was caught before, but the Cursed Snapclaw around Fletcher's Hollow also retains its effects, even if they're a bit more subtle.

Not my find, by the way. Saw it on the secret finder Discord.
Oh cool. :) Thanks for letting us know.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hexcrazed Does still lose their effect upon taming, right?

If (when?) they make Hexcrazed Greatstags tameable we'll have to remember to check for that effect too.
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Has there been any official mention of why so many pets are unnameable? I purposefully stayed off forums to avoid spoilers but so far finding new pets this time around feels really awkward and frustrating... I was most excited for pterrordaxes and I have not yet found one that's tameable. Just confused and concerned at this point, haha.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A list has been sent in. Hopefully we'll see updates in 8.1