Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Likewise, nothing new to tame. Still plenty of time for them to not forget Crawgs!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote:Likewise, nothing new to tame. Still plenty of time for them to not forget Crawgs!

By now, I think that if they intended for Crawgs to be tamable, then they probably would be. :/
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Skyscreamers on the Isle of Giants/Isle of Thunder also haven't changed, right? I hope they do make them tameable in a few builds.

Also, I find it really cool that the Ankylodons and the Sabertusks are tameable. I hope they stay that way, because they're actually pretty cool creatures.
As for the new maggot/larva model. I think that, now that they have a new model, they might become tameable. Was always a bit confused as to why they weren't, so I assumed it was because they have an old model with blurry textures. No longer the case with this update.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Correct. Skyscreamers are still untamable. This build seemed to be centered more around class tuning and continued work on the new sytems in BfA.

They probably will. They both fit the families that they are in and there really isn't a reason that they shouldn't be tamable :)

Quite possible, I think. It's a shame that the new models weren't implemented in this build, but hopefully we'll see it soon.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

If we can have caterpillars I definitely don't see why we can't have new maggot models. That would be really awesome and I hope they consider it! :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Correct. Skyscreamers are still untamable. This build seemed to be centered more around class tuning and continued work on the new sytems in BfA.

They probably will. They both fit the families that they are in and there really isn't a reason that they shouldn't be tamable :)

Quite possible, I think. It's a shame that the new models weren't implemented in this build, but hopefully we'll see it soon.
I'm fully expecting the Skyscreamers to be tameable. Honestly, they are my favorite ptero model, and there's 0 reason for them not to be. Love their gnarly teeth. And yeah, it seems like there was little to no taming changes in this build.

Honestly, for the maggots, I was surprised they were in this build anyway, because the alpaca icon was datamined 3 builds ago or something and the model is only in now. The model will probably find its use next build.
Vephriel wrote:If we can have caterpillars I definitely don't see why we can't have new maggot models. That would be really awesome and I hope they consider it! :)
Agreed. If they're not made tameable, I guess having an updated model is a nice present to the few that got the Gorishi Grub, but I'm not really the type to like to lord exclusive pets over others. I think maggots really ought to be tameable. Simple looking creatures, yet interesting.

All-in-all, regardless, I really can't complain about BfA from a hunter pet perspective. So many cool new options, so many nice updates. From that perspective, I think BfA has been the best expansion in a long time.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

It's possible that we're just got a half-finished build in the middle of them actually working on pets. the fury warrior post seems to imply there are are bunch of changes that accidentally got left out.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

According to Blizz, the build that they are working on is a couple builds ahead of the one deployed on the Beta. There have been times where they talk about certain changes being implemented, but we don't actually see those changes for another week or two.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

There's a tamable hippo model that keeps spears in it's back when tamed. It's name is Wildtusk! Sorry if this has been reported.
Attachments
wildtusk.jpg
wildtusk.jpg (543.92 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
wildtusk1.jpg
wildtusk1.jpg (386.28 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It has been, but no worries. It is good that you're keeping an eye out for such things :)
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Something occurred to me!

The Kul Tiran bear druid form is in fact 'armored', and is, in fact, a completely different skin than the bears that are currently tameable! The druid form has a leather cuirass and carved moon-shaped markings, which the wild form is bare (bear) of. This argues strongly for them staying as a tameable creature! :D
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It's possible. We'll just have to see what happens. Like I've mentioned, they were originally just normal bears that were tamable and, possibly, they just forgot to remove their tamability.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

True, but if they're allowing the sabertusk to be tamed, why not those bears ? :^)

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Sabertusks are natural beasts, whereas the Bramblebears aren't. I'm not against the Bramblebears being tamable, but I am saying that if this isn't intentional then Blizz's reasoning could be that they could be considered constructs or aberrations, which generally aren't natural.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Sabertusks and Ankylodons are native animals, whereas bramble bears are twisted abominations. I want the bramble bear as much as the next guy (hell, I REALLY want it), but it's the most unreasonable "beast" we can tame right now.

EDIT: Same timing, same response lol.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I finally decided to go look for a few of my favourite pets (the ones I use presently on Live), which included the mirror crab and the white wind serpent.

I am GRAVELY disappointed.
While the "model" looks good for both, particularly the crab, the colouring on both of them is absolutely dreadful.
Neither of these are the pets I tamed.

oh, and a quick question (mildly O/T): what happened to the interface? why is the right action bar cut down to only 6 squares now? what was the logic behind that?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

:lol:

It would be neat to have, but it would be wise for everyone to not get too excited about them incase they are made untamable.

In response to the UI, I do not know what Blizz's reasoning was. I don't mind it personally, but there is an addon being made for those that prefer the UI on Live.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

I just love how the new lizards look with my troll, makes me want my zandalari hunter even more lol.

Hopefully we get tamable alpacas eventually too.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Well, I mean, yeah, they're abominations, but technically, so are undead creatures and demon hounds, and shale spiders which are technically elemental? And we can also tame mecha pets (with the item of course).

But like, this argument has been done to death i'm sure, so I'm sure it's best if I don't :^P

I understand the point you're making, I just wish it weren't the case because it would be a rad model to keep as a tameable creature.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There are also things like Hell Hounds (undead), Phoenixes (Elementals), Gyreworms(Elementals), etc that are not tamable. It is up to Blizz to decide whether or not something should stand alongside a Hunter.
These Bramblebears could really go either way.

I love the models and, again, I'm not against them being tamable, but they could swing either way.