Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Krysteena »

Valnaaros wrote:Those are wicker creatures, and I highly doubt they'll become beasts, since they aren't. They are composed of wood, dead cats, fabric, etc. And all bound together by druidic death magic.
Exactly, they really don't look like they're anything close to a beast anymore, so, yeah, most likely not going to be any sort of pet. Not one that you'd want, anyway, considering they don't look very friendly

Just thought I'd mention the label that they have been given, in case anyone was wondering :)
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Astounding. I take a break from WoW with Legion and return to find the following:

- Amazing flying-ray and otter-thing tamables in 7.3
- New Tarantula, Hyena, and Crab models
- At least three new types of dinosaurs, potentially tamable Skyscreamers
- Giant lizards
- Hippos
- Spiny isopods
- Giant parrots?

This is the best. It feels like Christmas already and I think most of those are just from Zandalar alone.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Equeon wrote:Astounding. I take a break from WoW with Legion and return to find the following:

- Amazing flying-ray and otter-thing tamables in 7.3
- New Tarantula, Hyena, and Crab models
- At least three new types of dinosaurs, potentially tamable Skyscreamers
- Giant lizards
- Hippos
- Spiny isopods
- Giant parrots?

This is the best. It feels like Christmas already and I think most of those are just from Zandalar alone.
All I can say is: take more breaks, and maybe we'll get tameable Kunchong and Pterrorwings. ;)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm most excited about the spiny isopods, but also the new crab model.

Not so sure about the updated marmots. I've been in the habit of using my prairie dog as a letter opener--what am I going to do now?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm not sure about Kunchongs, but I think Skyscreamers/pterrowings are a guaranteed new tamable beast :)
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

They kept saying around the last expansion we might get horses, I hope that happens.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't recall them saying they might give us horses. I do remember them saying they would someday give us Sabercorns, though.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I'm not sure about Kunchongs, but I think Skyscreamers/pterrowings are a guaranteed new tamable beast :)
I have a feeling Blizzard might just be cheeky and do a repeat of the Gnome Hunter thing, where Zandalari Hunters have a baseline ability to tame Skyscreamers/Pterrorwings and other hunters have to do something to earn it.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I REALLY REALLY REALLY need a sabrecorn. I don't even care if it doesn't have any special abilities. They are such awesome models. Just such a shame to not be able to tame such a well made design!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:I'm not sure about Kunchongs, but I think Skyscreamers/pterrowings are a guaranteed new tamable beast :)
I have a feeling Blizzard might just be cheeky and do a repeat of the Gnome Hunter thing, where Zandalari Hunters have a baseline ability to tame Skyscreamers/Pterrorwings and other hunters have to do something to earn it.
I would be completely fine with that. It makes sense, and it wasn't difficult to get the item that allowed other races to tame Mechs. So long as the item isn't very hard to obtain, I see no issue with it.
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

I honestly hope they make a ''swarm" pet this expack ( compy horde ) that jumps and attack creatures or poke/bite/peck together like the tiny raptors do to the naga in the Darkspear starting zone, if you use the whistle to get baby raptors, they follow you and will attack the naga consort of the sea witch when you hit him, they climb up on him and bite, it would be awesome to have that implemented for compys and for fireflies, maybe even some tiny spider cluster or something :)
( think a snake trap pet )

Also, wohooo can't wait for the new wind serpent ( maybe even coatl ) models and the new stegodons and dimetrodons :D,
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Skyscreamers seem like a pretty safe bet. I have no info on this, it just feels like the prime candidate. I hope the new model ones will be able to fly after us and not hop along like the rylaks did.

Hopefully diemetradons will be available, given their new model. But they would be a small family, unless they’re merged into something else, but they aren’t really crocs or basilisks. Flame is their attack of choice.

Hopefullly we see wild stony direhorns in Zandalar. It seems likely they came from there. I guess they could have had a Titan origin and be found in Uldir? Or they could just be more primal/elemental beasts.

I’m also supportive of a consolidation of some of our pet families, because the number is getting unwieldly. Families that were once kept separate to broaden the numbers could now be merged. For example, birds of prey and carrion birds (the former is now a catch-all for a random variety of birds anyway). Dogs, wolves and foxes probably belong together. I think rylaks and chimaeras definitely do. Silithids, ravagers and maybe beetles (and kunchong?) could be consolidated in a broader bug-like family and maybe include the new things that look like isopods. Goats could be merged into stags (goats and antelopes are related irl) and include rams too. Other possibilities include cranes and tallstriders (not sure that WoW cranes can fly), windserpents and dragonhawks, devilsaurs and raptors, gorillas and monkeys, nether rays and sporebats.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I believe that cranes in WoW can fly, we just never see it (since they lack a flying animation). I agree with most of their mergers. Nether Rays and spore bats, whilst similar, are different in what they're capable of doing. Nether rays have some power over the arcane, but sporebats don't. Sporebats are capable of spreading fungi via producing spores, but nether rays can't.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

WoW cranes can fly, like Valnaaros said, because there's a little tidbit in the mount tooltip that mentions that their ability to carry Pandaren into the sky is 'nothing short of a miracle', thus implying flight. The fact that it's a miracle is understandable, everything considered :lol:

Also, I'd love to see Stony Direhorn, and, with those Pterrowings, I'd like to be able to 'toggle' the running or flying - or at least have them land while idle. I do like the look of the skyscreamers from Isle of Giants because they're on the ground, but that is just me. I don't like wings constantly flapping in the way, especially when I'm trying to loot something :') then again, something uncomfortably flopping along on the ground is just strange to look at.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I am all for merging families! I think broad families would give them some wiggle room to add pets and relieve a lot of the stressing over "which family does it belong?"

And man those primordial stone direhorns, I neeeeeed the cobalt as a pet. It fits the Zandalari perfectly. I'd love to see different color variations too but I like the photoshop skills. I can invert the whole thing which is kinda cool but yeah I'd like to see an Onyx and Ruby and Amethyst and Ivory. Love them!

And there was a quest in Legion that had you flying on a crane's back. The animation was a bit luls cuz it was just flapping but I think it was something with the Monk class stuff. I'm trying to find it but I know its there.

Here it is, Li Li jumps on one :lol: (3 minute mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Zbnm5PhB8&t=181s
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's right! I completely forgot about that..lol.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh cool :). I thought they’d given up on them flying. Maybe one day our cranes will be flying mounts ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

According to an interview with Jeremy, Chickens will also be getting an updated model.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

... Chickens? well I guess that might transfer over to the robo-chickens we have now. Seems an odd thing to update though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Probably, since Robo-Squirrels got an update with regular squirrels. It really isn't odd, seeing as Blizz has been making great efforts to update old models. The most recent ones were the Trogg and the Wendigo models.