Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Aquillian »

That's reassuring, thanks you. I figured it had to be something that just got overlooked... It was just a bit surprising.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

thats pretty cool looking. I'm really happy to see more of these baked in effect pets. I still miss macro taming because of the challenge and the way it brought the community together- but having these kind of flavor things that you don't have to worry about accidentally running is nice. I wasn't sure weather or not the pets we saw in Legion were intentional or not so its nice to see more pets like that.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A spider we didn't have that is probably untameable but worth checking:
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=135226/spawn-of-umbrarix

It spawns during combat with Umbra'rix, who is a 122 elite rare and has a WQ up right now. The spawns themselves aren't elite and are only level 120.

I've checked on my hunter and they show untameable but it could also be a level thing. He's only 112.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Has anyone checked if the Overstuffed Saurolisk : https://www.wowhead.com/npc=124375/over ... -saurolisk retains its spear after taming? - checked, the spears vanish.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Just wondering, if something has a diet and other info but is not tamable (but is a beast) does that mean there are plans to make it tamable in the future? I've found a few things with all the info, diet and all but not tamable so was wondering (Hoping).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

lilaughingwolf wrote:Just wondering, if something has a diet and other info but is not tamable (but is a beast) does that mean there are plans to make it tamable in the future? I've found a few things with all the info, diet and all but not tamable so was wondering (Hoping).
It doesn't necessarily mean anything :) There are a lot of things that have had diets for many expansions, but have never become tameable, and some seem obviously not meant to ever become tameable. There could be two different reasons - (i) diets are tied to families and they place NPCs in families for cosmetic reasons as well as practical ones, so even friendly goats can be classed as goats and have diets, and (ii) some diets / family categories are probably just artefacts of the copying process. It has become obvious over time that they must create a lot of NPCs by copying over data from existing NPCs and then modifying it (which makes practical sense!), but sometimes odd bits of data remain that can really only have come from that process, and creatures being classed in the wrong family can be a part of that.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

So uh, couldn't find anything on this guy. Spirit Sabertusk, Level Scales, classifed as a beast, unable to tame or anything because he only is showing up while I'm dead, appeared on my Warlock too. Is this the BFA Spirit Beast? Part of a quest I'm not far enough in yet?
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Hexcrazed Does still lose their effect upon taming, right?

If (when?) they make Hexcrazed Greatstags tameable we'll have to remember to check for that effect too.
They are indeed untameable, but I used Xota's macro on them and they didn't keep any effect in the window that popped up, so I'm presuming they won't.

Would be nice if Blizzard decides to bake all of these effects in, tbh.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bambu wrote:So uh, couldn't find anything on this guy. Spirit Sabertusk, Level Scales, classifed as a beast, unable to tame or anything because he only is showing up while I'm dead, appeared on my Warlock too. Is this the BFA Spirit Beast? Part of a quest I'm not far enough in yet?
Where is that? Maybe there's some hidden way of a hunter accessing it while not properly dead :)
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Wain wrote:Where is that? Maybe there's some hidden way of a hunter accessing it while not properly dead :)
Southern-most island in Zuldazar (Tusk Island I think it'sa called? The southern-most one.)'s Graveyard, been trying stuff. Mainly killing the Sabertusk's around the area.

I can think of maybe something like getting Bwomsandi's blessing? But then Ally players would be unable to tame, no?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bashkarr wrote:Yeah I was literally just coming to report the Sons/Avatar of Xolotal-- they use the 'blue draenor stormy wolf' skin that's currently listed as unused-- except they do not have the storm effect-- they're just these beautiful blue and white wolves and GOSH I WANT TO TAME ONE but alas, they are both untameable at the moment.

I've now added a look for this one, and added them:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... olfdraenor

Actually, I already had them in the database, but due to me misunderstanding the description I gave them the wrong stormy skin. Thanks for mentioning them :)
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Wain wrote:A spider we didn't have that is probably untameable but worth checking:

It spawns during combat with Umbra'rix, who is a 122 elite rare and has a WQ up right now. The spawns themselves aren't elite and are only level 120.

I've checked on my hunter and they show untameable but it could also be a level thing. He's only 112.
I just checked - sadly they are untameable. They’re so pretty :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sarynotsorry wrote:
Wain wrote:A spider we didn't have that is probably untameable but worth checking:

I just checked - sadly they are untameable. They’re so pretty :(
Thanks for checking. :) But at least those looks are tameable in plenty of other places :)
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?i ... bedspiders
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Going back to the wolves, for completeness I also added the other base skins for "effects" wolves, i.e. fel, fire and void, but on the regular model. See the unused section of:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?i ... enorwolves

Fire base skin:

Fel base skin:

Void base skin:

None of them look much like their effects versions at all. The void is the closest, but it's more blue than purple.

I didn't add one for frost because the base skin for frost is the standard grey maned wolf.

If you see any untameable beasts sporting these appearances please let me know. I had a feeling the no-fx void one appears somewhere but I can't remember.
Knarlg
Realm: Saurfang

Unread post by Knarlg »

Here's something, trained parrots in Stormsong can come in all three colours. Not just the green one that is listed.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I ran Kings' Rest for the first time last night and the final boss spawns the new Undead Raptor skin as a pet during the fight. Maybe it will be like Fenryr and we can tame it at some point later in the expansion?
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Clayford13 wrote:I ran Kings' Rest for the first time last night and the final boss spawns the new Undead Raptor skin as a pet during the fight. Maybe it will be like Fenryr and we can tame it at some point later in the expansion?
I doubt it, but it would be great as I love that skin.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm also doubtful. Getting to the final boss on Mythic, even with better gear later on, will be very difficult if not near impossible.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Also, so far as I know, Jeremy Feasel hasn't made a peep about special challenge tames, or spirit beasts, or whatever either. :(

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Qraljar wrote:Also, so far as I know, Jeremy Feasel hasn't made a peep about special challenge tames, or spirit beasts, or whatever either. :(
Yeah, he hasn't said a word. Typically if there is something to be found, there would be a hint of some sort. It's very odd. Even WoD had Gara. :/