Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Rawr »

Syleye wrote:not sure if these had been mentioned Sentry owls. Part of the Horde Teldrassil campaign
On beta they were labeled as Humanoid, did that change? :mrgreen:

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Can Someone add the skeleton devilasuars to the untameable model list and the other bone creatures like wind serpents and raptors
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Many, if not all, of the skeletal devilsaurs are already included on the main list here.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rawr wrote:
Syleye wrote:not sure if these had been mentioned Sentry owls. Part of the Horde Teldrassil campaign
On beta they were labeled as Humanoid, did that change? :mrgreen:
Still Humanoids.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Displaced Chimaera can be found in Darkshore during the War of Thorns. Uses the beige variant.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Ah i'm quite sad the horses/Zhevras didn't make it in. I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully they do make them tameable in a patch. Oh and man do I want an alpaca T.T
gotta say though, love the new Hyenas and feldogs. Do you guys think it will be a trend with updating all old tameable pets? I honestly wouldn't mind, the vanilla ones especially look so out of place.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Probably. They have been gradually updating the old vanilla models (Which really need/needed it) so that trend will probably continue :)
Nazja
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nazja »

Dewclaw wrote:I liked the big size. I see people with other dinos that are bigger, like the triceratops, or non-dinos like clefthoof of kodo. This is dinosaur, it should be bigger.
Actually... dimetrodons aren't really dinosaurs and are closer related to mammals than to dinosaurs.

(And not all dinosaurs were huge.)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The Displaced Chimaera can be found in Darkshore during the War of Thorns. Uses the beige variant.
Oh yeah, I still have to add the new phase stuff. There's only a couple of new ones, isn't there? The chimaera, at least. I know there are some cats and deer, too.

I may have to add a new "zone phase" column to the database, since so many zones have different phases now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, there are a couple of new ones. Nothing special, but still something to add to the DB :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I only found those three to add - the Displaced Chiamera, Moonstalker, and Whitetail Stag. There are a few deer closer to Lor'danel that are originals.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

By the way, Wain. Since you have some contact still, with lads over at Blizzard, do you have any information on the future of the new Silithid models? Since 3 out of 4 colors are still not tameable, even though the mobs with the skins are ingame just fine on like a 30 sec respawn timer.

It's a little bit annoying tbh. :?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:By the way, Wain. Since you have some contact still, with lads over at Blizzard, do you have any information on the future of the new Silithid models? Since 3 out of 4 colors are still not tameable, even though the mobs with the skins are ingame just fine on like a 30 sec respawn timer.

I could check but I have recently suggested again that they might be tameable. They were in an "stuff that is already in the game" appendix to a list of BfA creatures that should probably be tameable but aren't. :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:
Qraljar wrote:By the way, Wain. Since you have some contact still, with lads over at Blizzard, do you have any information on the future of the new Silithid models? Since 3 out of 4 colors are still not tameable, even though the mobs with the skins are ingame just fine on like a 30 sec respawn timer.

I could check but I have recently suggested again that they might be tameable. They were in an "stuff that is already in the game" appendix to a list of BfA creatures that should probably be tameable but aren't. :)
That's enough for me! Since nothing has happened with them since 7.3.5 and BfA doesn't really feature Silithid a lot (beyond one boss in Uldir that spawns the new red Silithid model, I think), I don't have a lot of hope that the situation will change anytime soon, but I really do appreciate the work you do for people here. :)

Thank you.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Pretty much all new NPCs are added to the database now! There were just under 900 entries, with about 415 being tameable. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who contributed. Valnaaros compiled an insane number of them, alone! I've really been pressed for time this expansion and the help from the community here has been invaluable.

I still need to do some handling of things that are currently not in the right family (like some parrots and falcons and things that have been added to carrion birds). Those may not all show up just yet. I believe they're all actually mistakes and will be fixed at a later point, so I'll have to add notes to that effect.

Please PM me if you see any major errors, bugs, or anything :) Minor corrections - please post on the support forum so they're all in a clear place.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Excellent work, Wain, and I was very happy to help :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The BfA tameable pet looks page is now up:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/bfapets.php

Hover over, or click on, any image to see the tames.

It's almost inevitable that there's going to be some inaccurate information in ~900 additions to the database, so please let me know if you find any errors or missing tames.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Umm the brown hyena doesn't have anything listed. :)
Only one mechanical tiger? really? they had so many colors though!
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Pretty much all new NPCs are added to the database now! There were just under 900 entries, with about 415 being tameable. THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who contributed. Valnaaros compiled an insane number of them, alone! I've really been pressed for time this expansion and the help from the community here has been invaluable.

I still need to do some handling of things that are currently not in the right family (like some parrots and falcons and things that have been added to carrion birds). Those may not all show up just yet. I believe they're all actually mistakes and will be fixed at a later point, so I'll have to add notes to that effect.

Please PM me if you see any major errors, bugs, or anything :) Minor corrections - please post on the support forum so they're all in a clear place.
Great job, Wain, Valnaros and everyone else who helped. :lol:

I gotta say, it does show that the taming pass really wasn't thorough at all. Only two cobra skins available? :?

On that note, do you have any idea if the big Dire Toads not being tameable is an error or intended? I have real difficulty believing that the toad family was introduced just to give hunters a way to tame the old MoP critter model in the same expansion where they introduce these great toad models that would make for amazing hunter pets.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Looks great, Wain! :D

If I had to guess, it is probably them falling short on time. It is obvious that the taming pass was incomplete (this I can attest to), and there isn't a single special tame atm in BfA