Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Qraljar »

If the MoP toad is a-okay in Blizzard's eyes, I think both the Dire Toad and these smaller, critter-like ones should be fair game, too.

Still hoping we get more rodents in the future.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Qraljar wrote:If the MoP toad is a-okay in Blizzard's eyes, I think both the Dire Toad and these smaller, critter-like ones should be fair game, too.

Still hoping we get more rodents in the future.
I second all of this! I want a friend for my blue boy Gooms!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I updated the NPC ID macros to include the pet family, which is extra useful when checking things that are currently untameable but have diets. If you need to look these macros up in the future, just check the Pet Resources forum, as I put them in a post there: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 93#p601693

The basic macro:

Code: Select all

/run print("Target NPC Family: ", UnitCreatureFamily("target"), " ID: ", strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$"))

The macro that also opens a dressing room window that shows the NPC in one of its randomly-chosen looks / colours (thanks to Xota):

Code: Select all

/run local npcid = tonumber(strmatch(UnitGUID("target"),"-(%d*)-%x*$")) print("Target NPC Family: ", UnitCreatureFamily("target"), " ID: ", npcid) ShowUIPanel(DressUpFrame) DressUpModel:SetCreature(npcid)
If the NPC can appear in multiple colours / looks, then repeatedly hitting the button for that macro will eventually reveal all of them. Note that the chance of it displaying a particular look is the same as in the game, so if an NPC colour is set to only appear rarely, say 1 in 10 times, then the same will be true of this macro. There seems to be only a few NPCs with looks that do that, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

The Pollen-Coated Drone (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=143510/pollen-coated-drone) that has a chance to spawn from Siren's Sting when you harvest with Herbalism is untameable. (Uses the Yellow Bee model). It is a beast though. (It's not listed on the Yellow Bee Page, which is why I posted here :P)

Which is sad, I was kinda hoping it'd be a neat way to get a bee before 118 for Horde hunters.

Alas, I did not see the macro until after I had already checked. :P
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Someone posted about that bee a little while ago, but I guess the post was missed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:The Pollen-Coated Drone (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=143510/pollen-coated-drone) that has a chance to spawn from Siren's Sting when you harvest with Herbalism is untameable. (Uses the Yellow Bee model). It is a beast though. (It's not listed on the Yellow Bee Page, which is why I posted here :P)

Which is sad, I was kinda hoping it'd be a neat way to get a bee before 118 for Horde hunters.

Alas, I did not see the macro until after I had already checked. :P
It's there, in the untameable section, which is hidden by default :)
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Thanks to the help of another player that was leveling on the Horde side, I was finally able to tame this rare silver cobra. It's only available on a horde only quest spawn.

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

We've had a whole (couple) thread just for helping other players tame the snake! :D Glad you managed to get some help though!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rawr wrote:The Qiraji Scarab and Silithid Hunter-Killer in Zek'voz's room (pretty sure it was his room) are tamable. The Beetles came in a few colors, the Wasps were the "Pewter" skin. :mrgreen:
Thanks to you and Valnaaros, I added them. I got to check them out in lfr first. The beetles come in two colours: orange with blue markings, and the teal with green spots.

The wasps only seemed to be red Draenor models.
Zyne
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Zyne »

I can confirm that Jani the Loa of scavengers is tamable in Dazar'alor. Only when she pounces on you as a neutral npc called 'The Big One' before you interact with her at the trash pile and accept her first quest. So you have to be quick before she runs away! I missed my opportunity because I continued with the quest not realizing she is the only one of her kind that is tamable :( Got another 110 hunter that I'm going to try it with this evening.
Last edited by Zyne on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Zyne wrote:I can confirm that Jani the Loa of scavengers is tamable in Dazar'alor but only when she pounces of you as a neutral npc called 'The Big One' before you interact with her at the trash pile and accept her first quest so you have to be quick as she pounces on you then runs away! I missed my opportunity because I continued with the quest not realizing she is the only one of her kind that is tamable :( Got another 110 hunter that I'm going to try it with this evening.
Wow, that would be incredible! :D Please let us know if you have any success...do you think there's enough time to pull off a tame? Maybe with a haste potion or something.

I'd be thrilled at the prospect of taming Jani, even if I'd have to wait to do it on a different hunter.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Confirmed, Jani is also not tameable on Horde side.
Attachments
jani not tameable.png
jani not tameable.png (559.52 KiB) Viewed 21211 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Dialga wrote:Confirmed, Jani is also not tameable on Horde side.
Ah, thanks for confirming :)

I didn't think she was. And if she was I'd have to report it as a bug as clearly they won't want a loa to be tamed as a pet. I'll still include it as she really shouldn't even be flagged. Hopefully we'll see other purple saurids by 8.1!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:

I didn't think she was. And if she was I'd have to report it as a bug as clearly they won't want a loa to be tamed as a pet. I'll still include it as she really shouldn't even be flagged. Hopefully we'll see other purple saurids by 8.1!
I get your point!

But..
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:
Wain wrote:

I get your point!

But..
I forgot about her :/ Was she considered a loa back then? Or did that bit or lore come later and they kinda forgot? :D Or maybe she's just a big spider named after Shadra ;)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Does anyone else laugh at the fact Coati is flagged tameable, despite clearly being the pet of Headhunter Lee'za?

(And yes, I know Coati is too high of a level to tame atm)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah - probably another unintended :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Shadra has always been a Loa, but they most likely forgot or just accidentally made her tamable.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Found a pet battle crab using the Onyx and Sapphire! One of the Trainers in Tiraguarde Sound uses it. Dunno if that was reported. I hope that doesn't mean we won't end up seeing it on a tamable mob. :<

(Also, I gotta agree. I very highly doubt any Loa were ever intended to be tameable.)
Attachments
35e98095879da71dfba8c17dfed1ce20.png
35e98095879da71dfba8c17dfed1ce20.png (133.37 KiB) Viewed 21211 times

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma