Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I believe he was included on the list a couple months ago. Hopefully they'll make a crab that has that skin and is tamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) Yeah. I haven't included any battle pets in our listings. Mostly because there are so many of them and they'd cause the untameables section to blow out. If I include any untameable creatures that are also not beasts or mechanicals, it's usually only if they're full-level creatures.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Oh, that's totally understandable! I just wasn't sure anyone was aware it was actually being used yet! Figured I'd bring it up. <3 It's one of those recolors I'd -really- like to tame, so I was kinda excited when I saw it being used, but sad that it was a battle pet.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Silly question since someone brought up Shadra on the last page.

Has anyone tried using Shadra against the last boss of Atal'dazar, Yazma? She was the high priestess of Shadra, and even drains the avatar of Shadra of her power during one of the quests, so I'm kinda curious if the devs made any special interaction if Shadra's NPC id pops up against her.

I sincerely doubt it, but you never know.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:Silly question since someone brought up Shadra on the last page.

Has anyone tried using Shadra against the last boss of Atal'dazar, Yazma? She was the high priestess of Shadra, and even drains the avatar of Shadra of her power during one of the quests, so I'm kinda curious if the devs made any special interaction if Shadra's NPC id pops up against her.

I sincerely doubt it, but you never know.
That would be funny. Maybe she'd drain that one too and become a Mega-Boss :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

So I just finished Nazmir on my Horde.

The fact Crawgs are just mutated versions of Krag'wa's tadpoles may be why they weren't made tameable. I did not know that about them. They may be very keen on not letting children of Loa be tameable, even corrupted versions of them.

Though we have multiple battle pet versions of Loa children, so... *shrug* (Including literal Loa children *cough* Xu'Fu, Ban'Fu, etc.*cough*, since one of the book states that the August Celestials are Loa)
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Crawgs are love. Crawgs are life.

Siggy under construction!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

If Crawgs can't be tamed, I'll be content with the mount (JUST DROP ALREADY) and Dart battle pet. I'm glad we at least got those.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:So I just finished Nazmir on my Horde.

The fact Crawgs are just mutated versions of Krag'wa's tadpoles may be why they weren't made tameable. I did not know that about them. They may be very keen on not letting children of Loa be tameable, even corrupted versions of them.

Though we have multiple battle pet versions of Loa children, so... *shrug* (Including literal Loa children *cough* Xu'Fu, Ban'Fu, etc.*cough*, since one of the book states that the August Celestials are Loa)
Yeah, I think the designers may have thought something along those lines. Plus, crawgs don't really fit in an existing family (though they're derived from toads they really have nothing in common), and their origin story means they're unlikely to appear anywhere else in the universe, so they'd remain a tiny, one-time family. I'd love to see them tameable too, but I suspect that's the reason other things were chosen ahead of them. Blood ticks could easily appear in other places (unless they have some magical Blood Troll-related origin I'm unaware of), so we could maybe see those in the future. Or maybe they could just be included with spiders, as arachnids.
Gurluas

Unread post by Gurluas »

Can someone list all the special pets with unintended effects or cool models?

So far I know of the Hexed Crab and Goat.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Gurluas wrote:Can someone list all the special pets with unintended effects or cool models?

Osca the Bloodied (tawny bear with arrows in its hide), Wildtusk (blue hippo riddled with spears), Mugg (yellow saurolisk with a Trogg portrait), and the two you mentioned. That's it, as far as I know.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote:
Gurluas wrote:Can someone list all the special pets with unintended effects or cool models?

Osca the Bloodied (tawny bear with arrows in its hide), Wildtusk (blue hippo riddled with spears), Mugg (yellow saurolisk with a Trogg portrait), and the two you mentioned. That's it, as far as I know.
The other saurolisks in the same area as Mugg have a (different) trogg portrait as well. I can't think of any others.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That reminds me - is anyone great with photoshop and art skills that would be able to turn a regular crab and goat into the cursed versions, if I sent them the hi-res images to work from? WMV doesn't display the auras and it's beyond my skills. The spears and arrows in Wildtusk and Osca were as good as I could manage.

I'd really like to get separate looks pages for those two cursed beasts.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Kite them to a snowy area and use the Magic tool to crop out all the background so you can keep effects/spears? :D
Prob wont work. But. Maybe worth a try?

Siggy under construction!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:That reminds me - is anyone great with photoshop and art skills that would be able to turn a regular crab and goat into the cursed versions, if I sent them the hi-res images to work from? WMV doesn't display the auras and it's beyond my skills. The spears and arrows in Wildtusk and Osca were as good as I could manage.

I'd really like to get separate looks pages for those two cursed beasts.

Attachments
Ghost Goat.jpg
Ghost Goat.jpg (166.63 KiB) Viewed 23511 times
Ghost Crab.jpg
Ghost Crab.jpg (197.65 KiB) Viewed 23511 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Gurluas

Unread post by Gurluas »

Dangit, was hoping some pet retained the Azerite effect, I think it looks good...That or another Spirit of Koosu.
Also I really like the photoshops, they should definitely be separate looks.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thank you so much! :) The cursed crab and goat have now been moved to their own separate looks categories:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... eal-cursed

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... ots-cursed
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Those look fantastic! Awesome job :D
Beast Master
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Beast Master »

Okay, so I was looking up dire toad frog models and I came across Gesh'nar, the swamp scourge. It says that he is tamable but I can't find any trace of him. Do you guys know anything. Here is the link: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767747481 https://www.wowhead.com/npc=131614/geshnar https://www.wowhead.com/battle-for-azer ... guide#toad
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sadly, nobody has found a single tameable example of the new toad model yet, but hopefully that'll change in future patches. Wowhead has no in-game reports of it being tameable, either - just datamined info of whether an NPC would be tameable under the right conditions. It seems that the one toad that was mentioned, Gesh'nar, hasn't been encountered in the game by anyone with a Wowhead addon, and has probably not appeared at all yet. At this stage it probably means it hasn't been added to the live game, though it could also be active but for an extremely rare WQ or event. Even if it did finally appear, its Elite classification makes me worry it'd be one of those 122 elites (and so untameable), as no level data have been recorded.