Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Valnaaros »

sasrei7 wrote:Umm the brown hyena doesn't have anything listed. :)
Only one mechanical tiger? really? they had so many colors though!
There should've been five total, but the one in Tiragarde Sound is still untamable, and the Voltron Mech Cats aren't working properly; only one (red) of the four Mech Cats is attackable, even though they all should be.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

There is a Darnassian Nightsaber in SW now on the docks with no rider. Does anyone know if it's tameable?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Bulletdance wrote:There is a Darnassian Nightsaber in SW now on the docks with no rider. Does anyone know if it's tameable?
Went over to Beast Lore it but sadly it cannot be tamed. :( Good thinking though!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I don't know if it's been reported yet, but the Striped-Back Bullfrog, that's only up for the herbalism WQ in Suramar, are not tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:I don't know if it's been reported yet, but the Striped-Back Bullfrog, that's only up for the herbalism WQ in Suramar, are not tameable.
Aha! Thanks. I kept an eye out for it on the Beta, but as far as I could tell all Legion profession WQs weren't appearing. I had been wondering if they'd removed them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I added the 'unused looks' back to the BfA pets page, since it helps people keep an eye out for tameable looks we may have missed, and also stops people reporting them for being missing from the page even though they're not tameable.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/bfapets.php

I've tried to minimise their footprint by giving them smaller icons, but I still worry they're cluttering the page :/

I've also tried to make it clearer why some looks are appearing twice (some bird looks are in both carrion birds and birds of prey, like the green parrot), and if the look isn't tameable in one family then the page indicates if it's tameable in the other.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It doesn't look cluttered to me. Looks nice and organized :)
Vephriel

Great work on this page Wain, it's been an invaluable resource so far. I appreciate it! :hug:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :). I'm working on a little "hide unused looks"checkbox at the top to simplify it, if people want.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

Wain, the wild skysceamer page needs an update. the non-instanced version is not an elite and is permanently set at lv120.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Chaix wrote:Wain, the wild skysceamer page needs an update. the non-instanced version is not an elite and is permanently set at lv120.
Fixed, thanks!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote:Thanks :). I'm working on a little "hide unused looks"checkbox at the top to simplify it, if people want.
Added this.
Valashe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Valashe »

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the Zandalari Pterrodax retain some of their size and are much larger than the Un'Goro crater versions.

Queen of teh Squerlz!

View my stable!

Vephriel

Wain wrote:
Chaix wrote:Wain, the wild skysceamer page needs an update. the non-instanced version is not an elite and is permanently set at lv120.
Fixed, thanks!
Are the Wild Skyscreamer skins not listed under Tameable appearances for a certain reason? The dungeon ones are definitely tameable as well, I ran in just by myself and shot down the one that swoops low over the entrance platform. If you keep resetting and running back in you can get that one to change colours until it's the variant you want.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081418_125646.png
WoWScrnShot_081418_125646.png (854.53 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet (I didn't see it if so and there was no note of this on the specific creatures list), but many of the tameable creatures in faction specific zones don't scale for the opposing faction. Example, I just went to Zandalar to tame a white raptor on my lightforged huntress and they are all 120 (including the rare). They do not scale for alliance. Seems to be the same if you are horde and go to Kul'Tiras to tame something. Does anyone know if this is intended? Honestly, it kind of sucks if it is. I'm hoping it's an oversight/bug. :(
Krysteena wrote:I do wonder if it's intentional as to keep people from wandering through areas they shouldn't be whilst they do the campaign. A little strange, especially as it means you need to be max in order to tame a pet in the opposite faction's zone, but seeing as it's a wide scale problem as opposed to a few buggy mobs, part of me wonders if this is an intentional countermeasure to something. What that 'something' is, I wouldn't know. Warmode, maybe?

But the thing is you can go over to those zones through the war campaign quest line. That's how I got over there as alliance. So to me it just seems odd and a bit annoying not to be able to tame certain beasts either faction hunter would want by their side as they quest to 120, especially since they are able to be in the areas to tame them at lower levels. :(

I just noticed that there is a thread addressing this, so I have posted there instead. Sincerest apologies.
Last edited by Ashaine on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Ashaine wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this yet (I didn't see it if so and there was no note of this on the specific creatures list), but many of the tameable creatures in faction specific zones don't scale for the opposing faction. Example, I just went to Zandalar to tame a white raptor on my lightforged huntress and they are all 120 (including the rare). They do not scale for alliance. Seems to be the same if you are horde and go to Kul'Tiras to tame something. Does anyone know if this is intended? Honestly, it kind of sucks if it is. I'm hoping it's an oversight/bug. :(
That's how the zoning in this expansion has always worked. and also how it was described way back at Blizcon.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I do wonder if it's intentional as to keep people from wandering through areas they shouldn't be whilst they do the campaign. A little strange, especially as it means you need to be max in order to tame a pet in the opposite faction's zone, but seeing as it's a wide scale problem as opposed to a few buggy mobs, part of me wonders if this is an intentional countermeasure to something. What that 'something' is, I wouldn't know. Warmode, maybe?
Valashe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Valashe »

Valashe wrote:Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the Zandalari Pterrodax retain some of their size and are much larger than the Un'Goro crater versions.
One other neat thing about the Zandalari Pterrodax is, if you have the BM talent Animal Companion, and your stabled pet walks, it will walk as well. If your stabled pet flies (such as a Gryphon), it will fly instead.

Looks like they always fly as the stabled pet with Animal Companion on.

Queen of teh Squerlz!

View my stable!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote: Are the Wild Skyscreamer skins not listed under Tameable appearances for a certain reason? The dungeon ones are definitely tameable as well,
Fixed that, thanks! :)

In light of the finding about NPCs not scaling in opposing-faction zones, can anyone confirm if the Wild Skyscreamers NOT in the dungeon really are all 120 (for Horde), or might they scale if you're of that faction?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This is unlikely, but has anyone who has run Shrine of the Storm tested the Abyssal Eels?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=140038/abyssal-eel

There's a large pack of them in the water before the final boss.