Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote: Are the Wild Skyscreamer skins not listed under Tameable appearances for a certain reason? The dungeon ones are definitely tameable as well,
Fixed that, thanks! :)

In light of the finding about NPCs not scaling in opposing-faction zones, can anyone confirm if the Wild Skyscreamers NOT in the dungeon really are all 120 (for Horde), or might they scale if you're of that faction?
I can confirm that the non-instanced Skyscreamers are 120. I went looking in there first before trying the dungeon ones.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:
Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote: Are the Wild Skyscreamer skins not listed under Tameable appearances for a certain reason? The dungeon ones are definitely tameable as well,
Fixed that, thanks! :)

In light of the finding about NPCs not scaling in opposing-faction zones, can anyone confirm if the Wild Skyscreamers NOT in the dungeon really are all 120 (for Horde), or might they scale if you're of that faction?
I can confirm that the non-instanced Skyscreamers are 120. I went looking in there first before trying the dungeon ones.
Thanks! Nice that the dungeon ones are more obliging :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Going through Zandalar and Nazmir, am I the only one who thinks that there's a very high number of untameables that feel as though they should be tameable? Certain variants of the pterrodaxes, for example. Other pterrodaxes are tameable, so there's no special requirement, but it feels hit-and-miss as to what you can actually tame.

Aka, please make the black and red pterrodaxes tameable, Blizzard, there's no reason not to
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Krysteena wrote:Going through Zandalar and Nazmir, am I the only one who thinks that there's a very high number of untameables that feel as though they should be tameable? Certain variants of the pterrodaxes, for example. Other pterrodaxes are tameable, so there's no special requirement, but it feels hit-and-miss as to what you can actually tame.

Aka, please make the black and red pterrodaxes tameable, Blizzard, there's no reason not to
Definitely. :( From what I understand, it sounds like they didn't have time to do a final taming pass and a lot of creatures that should hae been tameable aren't flagged for it. I think we'll be getting that fixed in a future patch with any luck? We just don't know when yet. I'm crossing my fingers that ones like the Pandaria pterrordaxes will be added at the time, and a lot of the colours that are currently unflagged.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

Krysteena wrote:Going through Zandalar and Nazmir, am I the only one who thinks that there's a very high number of untameables that feel as though they should be tameable? Certain variants of the pterrodaxes, for example. Other pterrodaxes are tameable, so there's no special requirement, but it feels hit-and-miss as to what you can actually tame.

I was thinking this exactly! It seems like there's so many mobs that I come across that *should* be tameable but aren't.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

You are certainly correct and Blizzard should've done a second taming pass, because there are so many things untameable that shouldn't be.

*cough* Skyscreamer and (I suspect) every coloration of Dire Toad. I really have trouble believing they made a toad family in BfA just for the MoP critter models at the same time they made big proper npc toads.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm glad it's not just me, although I'm a little disappointed that so much has been missed off the taming pass that shouldn't have been. I reckon they've had a full plate in order to get the expansion out as it is, so I'll keep fingers crossed that in a later patch they'll do another taming pass and sort everything out :)

The zones shall just have to feel weirdly empty with all the 'cannot be tamed' labels stamped onto random critters for a little longer :')
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

One thing I'll note. The Draenor wolf that looks like skoll, while not tameable, isn't an unused skin. A bit north of Warport Rastari in western Zuldazar is a cave where you can find the rare mob 'Avatar of Xolotal'....as well as some not rare Sons of Xolotal. These wolves all use the Skoll-colored WoD model without lightning effects.

Figured I'd help us be thorough XD They ARE marked as beasts, but again they aren't tameable.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Bashkarr
Realm: Madoran, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Bashkarr »

Yeah I was literally just coming to report the Sons/Avatar of Xolotal-- they use the 'blue draenor stormy wolf' skin that's currently listed as unused-- except they do not have the storm effect-- they're just these beautiful blue and white wolves and GOSH I WANT TO TAME ONE but alas, they are both untameable at the moment.

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Hey my good dudes, just here to inform that the Feasting Skyscreamers in Atal'dazar are tamable - at least in the instanced version. I was unable to check the non-instanced versions due to my hunter still being a level 110 squish.

This means that we have at least one tamable grey pterrordax, along with a few easier tames for some of the other colours available in the instance.

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I don't know if it's mentioned yet or not...but the Toxic Saurids in Atal'dezar dungeon are flagged tamable. The trick is going to be pulling one and taming it before your group mows the entire pull down.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Moonlost wrote:Hey my good dudes, just here to inform that the Feasting Skyscreamers in Atal'dazar are tamable - at least in the instanced version. I was unable to check the non-instanced versions due to my hunter still being a level 110 squish.

This means that we have at least one tamable grey pterrordax, along with a few easier tames for some of the other colours available in the instance.
That's awesome! Thanks for reporting that :) I've updated the database.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bashkarr wrote:Yeah I was literally just coming to report the Sons/Avatar of Xolotal-- they use the 'blue draenor stormy wolf' skin that's currently listed as unused-- except they do not have the storm effect-- they're just these beautiful blue and white wolves and GOSH I WANT TO TAME ONE but alas, they are both untameable at the moment.

Thanks for reporting this :) I'm going to have to add a new look for the unstormy version, then I'll add him :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That was reported a while back. I believe that I updated the list with the change, though I could be wrong.
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Valnaaros wrote:That was reported a while back. I believe that I updated the list with the change, though I could be wrong.

Yea, back in beta many people were hoping he'd be made tamable in the mythical 'second taming pass' that never happened. :roll:
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

King Kooba is a rare gorilla in Naz’mir and has the purple black skin. He is tameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Is anyone with a 120 Hunter able to please check this vignette wasp?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=139145/blackthorne

It's in the Deathmist Hills area of Tiragarde (north of the shipwreck). Map attached.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081718_001607.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081718_001607.jpg (426.69 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sarynotsorry wrote:King Kooba is a rare gorilla in Naz’mir and has the purple black skin. He is tameable.
Wow. We do have him in the database, but as black, and Wowhead's image is black too. Maybe he's been changed very recently, but I'm also worried it's a lighting thing making him look more purple, since the 'purple' is very much like black to begin with. Do you still have him and are you able to please confirm his colour under other light? Sorry to sound doubtful but in this case I just want to be certain before I change it. Thanks :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote:Is anyone with a 120 Hunter able to please check this vignette wasp?

It's in the Deathmist Hills area of Tiragarde (north of the shipwreck). Map attached.
I'll check that out shortly, Wain. I believe that one might not always be up and is spawned via a WQ (which is probably why I don't recall ever seeing it).

Update: checked out the area and it isn't up atm. I suspect that he is most likely 122, which is the lvl that most vignettes are at that are spawned by WQs.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:
Wain wrote:Is anyone with a 120 Hunter able to please check this vignette wasp?

I'll check that out shortly, Wain. I believe that one might not always be up and is spawned via a WQ (which is probably why I don't recall ever seeing it).

Update: checked out the area and it isn't up atm. I suspect that he is most likely 122, which is the lvl that most vignettes are at that are spawned by WQs.
Thanks for checking anyway :)

She was definitely 120. Pic attached. I guess the '!' signifies she's part of a WQ as well as a vignette?

This was 45 min before reset, so she may not be available again for many days if that's the case.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081718_001617.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081718_001617.jpg (316.37 KiB) Viewed 3551 times