Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Equeon »

All these updates are both extraordinary and troubling at the same time. Now even the clunkiest old models are getting updates, and there will hardly be room in my stable for all of them!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Here's the critters I didn't see anyone mention yet:

There's a nice rocklizard texture variant.

As well as a Gila monster appearance!

I cannot wait for these lizards. They have so much personality in their animations. Just look at this good boy:

That'll be the one I tame for sure.

New pterrordaxes are a huge visual update but sort of ugly in an aesthetic sense.

I hope so dearly for them as well as the Pandaria pterosaurs to be tamable.

New macaws look excellent.

Hopefully this dopey boi will be tamable as well. Like a dinosaur crossed with a hippo.

The sauropods have neck frills that flare out during various idle animations. Very unique. If we can tame fifty-foot tall devilsaurs, these shouldn't be counted off as long as they shrink down post-tame.

Even more doubtful, but it would be neat as hell if we could tame these horrific blood-ticks and Nerubian flyers.

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Equeon wrote:Here's the critters I didn't see anyone mention yet:

There's a nice rocklizard texture variant.

As well as a Gila monster appearance!

I cannot wait for these lizards. They have so much personality in their animations. Just look at this good boy:

That'll be the one I tame for sure.

New pterrordaxes are a huge visual update but sort of ugly in an aesthetic sense.

I hope so dearly for them as well as the Pandaria pterosaurs to be tamable.

New macaws look excellent.

Hopefully this dopey boi will be tamable as well. Like a dinosaur crossed with a hippo.

The sauropods have neck frills that flare out during various idle animations. Very unique. If we can tame fifty-foot tall devilsaurs, these shouldn't be counted off as long as they shrink down post-tame.

Even more doubtful, but it would be neat as hell if we could tame these horrific blood-ticks and Nerubian flyers.
Not mentioned, but definitely still appreciated. Yeah, the great many iguana textures are great!

I really, really hope the Brotosaur become tameable. There are quite a few skins for them, too.

And the greater bloodtick might become tameable. They're pretty clearly Nerubian flyers with a slightly new aesthetic, but they're already confirmed a mount, and this might also be when Blizzard is willing to make them tameable.

Pterodactyls/Pterrorwings/Skyscreamers really need to become a new family this expansion. It's now or never. They'd also kill two birds with one stone, as they'd simultaneously be making an old (Classic and MoP pteros) and a new creature (BfA model) tameable. I also hope they look at making Kunchong tameable this expansion, as with Legion, we had Scalehides, which included Mushan, and we also got Yak, and we got Basilisks before that.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Something tells me that the Scalehide family is going to get a huge boost in available looks. Komodo Dragons, dinosaurs, and whatnot don't fit in any of the current groups except for scalehide, but that's such a generic category.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Hopefully the Brutosaurs will still look good after being tamed and shrunk. An adult Devilsaur is as tall as the Brutosaur's legs.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote:Something tells me that the Scalehide family is going to get a huge boost in available looks. Komodo Dragons, dinosaurs, and whatnot don't fit in any of the current groups except for scalehide, but that's such a generic category.
For Dinos, they could just make a Dinosaur family. The Komodos could be thrown into the Scalehides or into their own family.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

WerebearGuy wrote:Something tells me that the Scalehide family is going to get a huge boost in available looks. Komodo Dragons, dinosaurs, and whatnot don't fit in any of the current groups except for scalehide, but that's such a generic category.
Diemetradons could end up there? But the Scalehide family is looking to be cool, as it's now all updated models.

The 7.0 Kodos, Mushan, and now the updated Thunder Lizards. Very cool.
Valnaaros wrote:Hopefully the Brutosaurs will still look good after being tamed and shrunk. An adult Devilsaur is as tall as the Brutosaur's legs.
Honestly, ingame scaling doesn't really matter much beyond "they're big.". There are lots of hydras and devilsaurs that are far more massive than the tameable versions in game.

If they can be a mount without being too bothersome to the playerbase, I don't see why not a pet. :)

And they're a great, great model that ought to be seen everywhere in my opinion.
Valnaaros wrote:
For Dinos, they could just make a Dinosaur family. The Komodos could be thrown into the Scalehides or into their own family.
Yeah, a dinosaur family might be best, honestly. If they're willing to do so for rodents, which have far less available looks, they ought to do so for dinosaurs.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

All new Gorilla textures, including the mech version.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The white and blue version doesn't have the same blue that the original has, but I like it. That brow does need some adjusting, though.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:The white and blue version doesn't have the same blue that the original has, but I like it. That brow does need some adjusting, though.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's a bit too pronounced.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The eyes also look like they're not looking straight ahead. They're looking off in opposite directions, giving the gorilla a derpy gaze.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Huh. Well. I...I am not sure what to say here. This all is beyond my wildest imaginings. Wow! And here I am with all of six slots open in my stable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Teigan wrote:Huh. Well. I...I am not sure what to say here. This all is beyond my wildest imaginings. Wow! And here I am with all of six slots open in my stable.
(I still didn't forget about the Silithid models and Qiraji War Tank mounts..)

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Wow!! The rock lizard is very nifty!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm hoping that there'll be a patch where we return to Silithus for a dungeon or raid. Maybe then they'll make them tamable. As for the mounts, maybe the unused blue one could be an Archaeology reward.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I'm hoping that there'll be a patch where we return to Silithus for a dungeon or raid. Maybe then they'll make them tamable. As for the mounts, maybe the unused blue one could be an Archaeology reward.
Yeah, maybe 15th WoW anniversary we could get an updated Ahn'Qiraj? That could reward a purple Qiraji War Tank.

Truthfully, I still wish the black one was made available, since it's by far the most neutral color, but after running around with the blue one, I enjoy that one a lot, too.

But yeah, there will be Zandalari archaeology. Good time for them to make some kind of parallel with the Scepter of Azj'Aqir. Maybe some kind of "Time-Lost Qiraji Resonating Crystal." from Zandalari Archaeology, given that the Zandalari have fought wars against the Aqir.

I still hope that the outdoor rare elite mobs in new Silithus are flagged tameable. I still fail to see any reason at all why they're not. They're not hard to kill, they don't take long to respawn, and they hardly drop anything relevant aside from a battle pet, and the red common version are tameable just fine.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Who can really understand Blizz's way of thinking with certain things.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Who can really understand Blizz's way of thinking with certain things.
Especially with Silithids, it seems like they revert to a Classic way of thinking, as if Silithids are and always remain exclusive to people that played then.

Sucks when that's your absolute favorite pet type, haha.

As an aside, I hope that with all the cool spider updates and models, they also make a wild version of the Legion spider mount model tameable without the saddle and armor, and that Kunchong finally become tameable alongside the Pteros.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Qraljar wrote:I still hope that the outdoor rare elite mobs in new Silithus are flagged tameable.
Do you think it's possible that they'll add the model to the new zones?
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Qraljar wrote:I still hope that the outdoor rare elite mobs in new Silithus are flagged tameable.
Do you think it's possible that they'll add the model to the new zones?
It's possible, but I don't see why or when. It doesn't seem like Silithids are relevant in BfA continents, so it'd have to be old world continent.

That said, the Silithid Scarab/Beetle model was also updated for some reason, but they could use that as an overall beetle model, while the Silithid Battle Tank is really a Silithid specific thing.

Possibilities of being added later aside, I still find it very arbitrary that they won't just take the few seconds to flip the switch. I don't see the logic behind it, frankly.

In my mind, the likeliest scenarios for those models to be added later on as tameable mobs are:

1. Later quests in the new Silithus, as there are several parts of a questchain that the Silithus map on live shows.
2. Ahn'Qiraji raid for anniversary in the same vein as the WoD Molten Core that gave the core Hound mount.
3. Ahn'Qiraji standalone dungeon where they could be prevalent.