Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That looks like the onyx & emerald, which is already a tamable mob in Stormsong.
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Did they ever fix it so hermit crabs could use the crab shank?

Back in beta they couldn't.
Bytail
Realm: Bloodhoof & Nesingwary

Unread post by Bytail »

I more read then write here but now and again, I poke my head in. I found a unlisted Ravasaur, black and green. Seemed it was untamable for beta, its in the frog loa domain (Upper Frogmarsh, Nazmir) a whole cluster of green/blue and the black/green ones :) and if someone did indeed already find it, I must have missed the post.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Bytail wrote:I more read then write here but now and again, I poke my head in. I found a unlisted Ravasaur, black and green. Seemed it was untamable for beta, its in the frog loa domain (Upper Frogmarsh, Nazmir) a whole cluster of green/blue and the black/green ones :) and if someone did indeed already find it, I must have missed the post.

Thanks for reporting it, but I think that is probably this one, under dark zone lighting :)

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Gryphinclaw
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Gryphinclaw »

Vephriel wrote:
Xota wrote:And I just verified that it keeps it through death. I don't think any of the other cursed beasts have the effect baked in, but I could have missed checking some of them.
This is awesome!! I wonder what's different about these goats compared to other hexed creatures in Drustvar, I even tried a few more on my way to see if any others retained the spell effect but nothing so far.

I'm so happy with my witch goat. I even tamed the one who was worshipping at his own little occult symbol. :D

What taming method did you use to get the goat? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a while and I have no idea what people use these days ^_^ I'd very much like to start up again...

Is there a thread on this site dedicated to glitch pets? Im sorry to be a bother
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You just tame it. It retains its appearance after being tamed. No special technique needed :)
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

One last tame to share. I find these Akylodons pretty useful and less squishy, than most other ferocity pets...due to that unique defensive scale shield special they cast. Also like the earth-tome look of this particular one. I named him "Tokka."

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Mead-craving cranes (npcid:137181) are tameable, they spawn during a 'rare' encounter where you save some merchants from cranes and seagulls and an eel.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:Mead-craving cranes (npcid:137181) are tameable, they spawn during a 'rare' encounter where you save some merchants from cranes and seagulls and an eel.
Fixed, thanks :)
Knarlg
Realm: Saurfang

Unread post by Knarlg »

Whelp found a new crab, during the second to last series of quests for the horde warstory, you end up at the bottom of the ocean. there are these seafloor shambleclaws walking around and they can be tamed, was looking at all the available looks but couldn't see the name on any of the lists. The crab is sort of blue-red with blue bio colours. It is also in the spiky group. Not sure about the ID but here it is on wowhead https://www.wowhead.com/npc=141643/seafloor-shambleclaw.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Knarlg wrote:Whelp found a new crab, during the second to last series of quests for the horde warstory, you end up at the bottom of the ocean. there are these seafloor shambleclaws walking around and they can be tamed, was looking at all the available looks but couldn't see the name on any of the lists. The crab is sort of blue-red with blue bio colours. It is also in the spiky group. Not sure about the ID but here it is on wowhead https://www.wowhead.com/npc=141643/seafloor-shambleclaw.
Interesting, thank you! Does this take place in a one-time-only instance, or a place you can get to when not on that quest?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That is a one-time-only location. You enter a scenario where you are taken to a location out in the middle of the ocean. Without the quest, you can't go there.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for them with my Horde hunter when I reach that point. Hopefully there aren't any unique appearances.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Hey, Wain! I got this point in my story on my Horde today. I tamed one of the crabs to snag it for later macro spams on it. It only kicks back the 141643 ID that's listed from WoWhead and only one color when checked with the macro.

It's a Blue Spike w/ Blue Markings!
Last edited by Thwip on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Hello, as always I beg to be forgiven my bad English.

Today collecting herbs in Tiragarde Sound, a couple of times a bee "Pollen-Coated Drone" I do echo spawn when picking flowers, the bee is indomitable and the id macro of Wain gave me back 143510, the model used is the one of the yellow bee http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=bee

It is not included in the list of Non-tamers.
Notes: no diet and ami just to echo spawn when picking the flower "Siren's Pollen", to kill it gave me a pack of flowers, similar to the basilisks of legion mining.

If you need a photo attached but I notice that it looks terrible (it's night and I play with graphics at least)
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Just grabbed a Juvenile Thumpknuckle, and wow it is big. I ignored it since it's just a bland monkey, but not anymore.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for all those! And I hadn't noticed the monkeys classed as gorillas. In game terms they are meant to be young gorillas, but it's a bit silly. Especially since they have tails. :P Maybe Zandalar gorillas have tails that they lose when they mature, like frogs :P
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote:Hello, as always I beg to be forgiven my bad English.

Today collecting herbs in Tiragarde Sound, a couple of times a bee "Pollen-Coated Drone" I do echo spawn when picking flowers, the bee is indomitable and the id macro of Wain gave me back 143510, the model used is the one of the yellow bee http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=bee

It is not included in the list of Non-tamers.
Notes: no diet and ami just to echo spawn when picking the flower "Siren's Pollen", to kill it gave me a pack of flowers, similar to the basilisks of legion mining.

If you need a photo attached but I notice that it looks terrible (it's night and I play with graphics at least)
Thanks! I've added it :)

I wonder if a different creature can appear while gathering herbs in Zandalar.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thwip wrote:Hey, Wain! I got this point in my story on my Horde today. I tamed one of the crabs to snag it for later macro spams on it. It only kicks back the 141643 ID that's listed from WoWhead and only one color when checked with the macro.
It's a Blue Spike w/ Blue Markings!
Thanks! I forgot to add that one the other day. I now have. :)