Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Qraljar »

Silivren wrote:I highly doubt those are staying tameable as they're the Zandalari druid forms, and Blizz has never let a druid form model that's unique to a race be tameable. Tbh that'd be a giant eff you to druids so hoping that changes.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Qraljar wrote:
Silivren wrote:I highly doubt those are staying tameable as they're the Zandalari druid forms, and Blizz has never let a druid form model that's unique to a race be tameable. Tbh that'd be a giant eff you to druids so hoping that changes.
Not a racial form, I see you didn't read what I said. ANY druid can have that form, that is not unique to a certain RACE. Blizzard likes to let races keep their RACIAL forms unique.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Silivren wrote:
Qraljar wrote:
Not a racial form, I see you didn't read what I said. ANY druid can have that form, that is not unique to a certain RACE. Blizzard likes to let races keep their RACIAL forms unique.
Yeah, and that's just being specific for the sake of process of elimination.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I agree that it would be better if they weren't. It would be like us taming Felhunters or a spirit beast like looked like the August Celestials. Takes away from Warlocks and Monks.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I agree that it would be better if they weren't. It would be like us taming Felhunters or a spirit beast like looked like the August Celestials. Takes away from Warlocks and Monks.
If they are wild animals, I don't see why not. Druids being able to turn into bears doesn't keep us from being able to tame bears.
For the record, I agree that they would need to have those tusks and markings removed to be a proper wild beast version, but I'm sticking by my argument that if they're a wild equivalent of a creature a druid so happens to transform into, I don't see the issue with having it be tameable.

Silivren

Valnaaros wrote:I agree that it would be better if they weren't. It would be like us taming Felhunters or a spirit beast like looked like the August Celestials. Takes away from Warlocks and Monks.
THIS. I'm a druid main, a hunter alt. I do deserve to have something unique to my class, just because it looks animal like in nature doesn't mean you need to be able to tame it.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Good idea. Remove tameable raptors and never make pterodactyls tameable. :)

Silivren

Qraljar wrote:Good idea. Remove tameable raptors and never make pterodactyls tameable. :)
The point is. This is a unique model to druids. Hunters shouldn't have access to unique models. This was created for druids. You should be able to tame raptors, but never a Zandalari travel form. Sorry if I'm curt, but again, I'm a druid. I've been dealing with the "I should be able to tame you." crowd for years now, it does get old.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Silivren wrote:
Qraljar wrote:Good idea. Remove tameable raptors and never make pterodactyls tameable. :)
The point is. This is a unique model to druids. Hunters shouldn't have access to unique models. This was created for druids. You should be able to tame raptors, but never a Zandalari travel form. Sorry if I'm curt, but again, I'm a druid. I've been dealing with the "I should be able to tame you." crowd for years now, it does get old.
And the reason we can't tame druid forms is because they have always existed to be a depiction of a druid shapeshifted as an animal.
If these are wild creatures, that logic does not apply.
Again, I do think that if they are wild creatures, they need to lose the tusks and markings. And who knows, maybe they will.

edit: though, with the name SABERTUSK, that seems unlikely for the cat. :lol:

The rings and the druidic markings still make no sense on a wild animal, though.

Silivren

Qraljar wrote:
Silivren wrote:
And the reason we can't tame druid forms is because they have always existed to be a depiction of a druid shapeshifted as an animal.
If these are wild creatures, that logic does not apply.
Again, I do think that if they are wild creatures, they need to lose the tusks and markings. And who knows, maybe they will.
If they don't they don't need to be tamable. Because currently, that's a Zandalari druid.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Silivren wrote:If they don't they don't need to be tamable. Because currently, that's a Zandalari druid.
I agree with that, but I think they ought to lose the markings and at least the golden jewelry regardless of tameability status.
Because as you said: currently, that's a Zandalari druid.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If they lose the markings and such, I would be fine with it. The bears, raptors, cats, etc that we can tame do not look like Druids. But if you didn't know better, you would think that these dinosaurs were.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:If they lose the markings and such, I would be fine with it. The bears, raptors, cats, etc that we can tame do not look like Druids. But if you didn't know better, you would think that these dinosaurs were.
Yeah, that's my point. Ignore the shaky tameability status for a moment. If they're untameable, wild beasts, they would still need to lose the markings and jewelry because as it stands, it's like grabbing the highmountain bear form and calling it a regular wild bear.

How did they get those rings around their tusks and those other adornments? :lol:

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Qraljar wrote: The rings and the druidic markings still make no sense on a wild animal, though.
This is what I thought. It's nice to see that they haven't completely made the Zandalari druid forms up with no sight of them occurring naturally, and I don't mind having them tameable, just the adornments seem to throw it off as ' that's a druid, you tamed a druid!!'. Remove them and I don't see a problem, personally. As long as there's a defining difference between wild animal and druid form then it's okay.

Just simply removing the racial characteristics isn't as huge of a difference between the wild animal and druid form as, say, Night Elf cat forms and the wild sabers we see, but I'd rather have some difference than not at all.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ikr? :lol: This would be good feedback for Blizz. If they want to have a tamable version then please make it look wild. Otherwise, leave them untamable so that Zandalari Druids do not lose the uniqueness of their forms.
Silivren

Yeah again, didn't mean to step on toes. I know I'm a lone druid main. I don't mind them being tamable(provided they lost all racial icons/druid icons), I just don't want to see hunters around with.. well me. :lol:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I get how you feel. One of my main alts is a Druid. I wouldn't like it if I saw hunters running around with one of my forms as a pet :)
ProClicker

Unread post by ProClicker »

Tamable Riverbeast

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, those were found last week in Vol'dun :)
ProClicker

Unread post by ProClicker »

Ah sorry. I remember using beast lore on a awhile back and I couldn't tame it