Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Chaix »

Assuming you aren't under some kind of shrink effect, by hakkar that hippo is HUGE.

I kinda want one now just to fill every melee character's screen with giant hippo butt.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Ever since they were made available to tame last week, they have this bug that makes them bigger than what they should be as a hunter's pet :lol:
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I JUST logged on and I noticed my lizard in my stables is GONE and the one in my line up is marked as empty but I can call him...did they remove them from being tamable!? There so far was only two colors I had found (green and orange) I also noticed the he is MUCH bigger than before. I'll seriously cry if they did, I LOVE them so much.

This is what he first looked like before last big patch

Here he is now and still showing up as an empty spot but with his name :(

Oh, also don't know if anyone posted but found this pretty to tame adding to so far three colors of the new raptor skins I have found that can be tamed (they are in Nazmir)

Also someone just popped up with a new hippo. They said they got it in Voldum by the river.

Last edited by lilaughingwolf on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, they are no longer tamable as of last week's build. They will probably become tamable in a later build, though :)

Yeah, the Hippos were found last week and are included in the Beasts in Battle for Azeroth list :)
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Thank you. I REALLY hope they put the lizards back, so in love with mine would be devastated if they totally removed them from being tamable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help! I'm sure they will come back. They might be getting their own family, which might be why they are no longer tamable :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I've finally realized my dream of taming a druid, even if it's a temporary alpha thing. Now if I can just see a Crawg as a hunter pet, I can die (again) happy. I'm so glad I got in to the alpha.

EDIT: Alpha is forcing my GPU to 100% usage. Wonder why.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_041318_181304.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041318_181304.jpg (341.35 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I had to tweak with my graphic settings to fix the 100% GPU usage, I think it was water detail or projected textures for me. Took me a while testing to see which combination I should go with for my setup.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I fixed it by turning on vertical sync. Funny, since that's the same thing I did to make Subnautica playable when it was in early access. Wonder what they did wrong to make some people experience such things, anyway. All they had to do was fix the lighting, since the graphics were totally fine as they were. My computer's about 3 years old, and runs the alpha client flawlessly outside of that surprise.

Still, I'm having too much fun just running around with a Zandalari Druid cat right now. Such a blessing, finally using a druid as a pet without the use of that one model editor tool that I totally shouldn't have been using.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I know it won't happen, but does anyone else wish these new butterflies were tameable?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

While I imagine they are intended to be critters, I don't see taming a giant butterfly any more ridiculous than a giant moth.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Quiv wrote:While I imagine they are intended to be critters, I don't see taming a giant butterfly any more ridiculous than a giant moth.
Agreed. If moths can be a tamable pet, then so can butterflies. But like you said, they are probably meant to be critters.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Have you SEEN a butterfly's face? That's nightmare fuel. Moths are like cute version of butterflies; just add a devilish tentacle in the middle of its face and remove all the fluff, and you've got the thing of Lovecraft's worst nightmares right there. It's wrong that butterflies aren't hunter pets while moths are. It's totally backwards with how terrifying they are.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They may end up tameable but up-close they do seem a little low poly. Not really bad, just enough that it feels like they’re not intended to be large. An upscaled version would be amazing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

WerebearGuy wrote:Have you SEEN a butterfly's face? That's nightmare fuel. Moths are like cute version of butterflies; just add a devilish tentacle in the middle of its face and remove all the fluff, and you've got the thing of Lovecraft's worst nightmares right there. It's wrong that butterflies aren't hunter pets while moths are. It's totally backwards with how terrifying they are.
But moths and butterflies have the same mouthpart structure. The WoW moths don't look a whole lot like moths as far as faces go.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:They may end up tameable but up-close they do seem a little low poly. Not really bad, just enough that it feels like they’re not intended to be large. An upscaled version would be amazing.
Yeahh...my first thought was that there could be a possibility of them being added to the moth family, but as soon as you look at their image full size you can see how low resolution it already is. I don't think they're going to be at all big enough to be used on a beast, just critters.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

LOOOOVE that white raptor!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, I never thought MoP caterpillars were meant to be full size creatures and hunter pets, but just look at them!
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'm loving all the recent SS here! ♥ Can anyone confirm if the white raptors are still tameable or have they been fixed to non-tameable status already? If they are still tameable, I'd love a PM on where to find them on Alpha. (As any I've been able to locate have not been tameable thus far). I'm not going to lie, I've been waiting for that skin to become tameable. :D

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

The one I found is located here: