Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:It looks like there is a updated blind tarantula model, but it may not be entirely complete yet.
I think that's just MMO-C derping up and posting a picture of the spider with the texture of the old white tarantula.

Going by the resolution.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Get a pet thread up on the beta forums, and post on our hunters. Post our likes, dislikes, hopes, and so on. Make one thread with a simple post format like the following:

Beast: (Name), (Zone)
Problem: (Description of issue)
Request: (Description of preferred change)

Something like this would be easy to write out, and help organize things in a way that makes it easy for the devs to read it (if they even read the forums)

EDIT: I swear I quoted. My post was in reference to this;
Valnaaros wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I do wonder what the best avenue is for giving feedback on the model artwork. Threads on the official forums always feel like they'll be derailed by people who don't really understand our small attentions to detail. Maybe once everything's been datamined we can make a more organized feedback thread and hopefully get it passed to the right people.
Agreed. We might have to wait till the Alpha actually starts up, along with the forums. But if enough attention is drawn to it, hopefully we can get some changes made. If not, I personally won't be terribly bothered by it. The models in and of themselves are amazing.
Last edited by WerebearGuy on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Qraljar wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:It looks like there is a updated blind tarantula model, but it may not be entirely complete yet.
I think that's just MMO-C derping up and posting a picture of the spider with the texture of the old white tarantula.

Going by the resolution.
Ah, gotcha.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Some of these models are fantastic! Some of them... make me very, very sad. The White and Blue/black cloud serpents, the hyenas... how many times must we do this song and dance, texture-creating members of the art team?

If you want it fixed, you need to start making noise asap and it needs to be a LOT of noise. But even then, changes are so unlikely that I've basically lost hope already—I'm so tired of fighting to fix dwarf hair colour and tauren DK fur colour, and that's been broken since the character revamp STARTED, two expansions ago. If they won't fix PLAYER CHARACTERS, how likely are they to fix potential hunter pets?

I just... I can't do it anymore, y'all. I can't fight that fight anymore, and I'm so, so sad because naturally the models and skins that aren't faithful to their old versions are the ones I actually use.

Just gotta look forward to the new potential families and additions to existing families, and mourn the pets that will inevitably fall unfixed.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I have to say, if we don't get new stable slots for all these revamps, I may legit rage quit.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

After looking through the models, I must say that I'm particularly liking the tiger loa look. While I know we won't get a tameable one exactly like that, I would definitely like to see a tameable version along the same lines. I love the scar on it, and I feel like there are very few pet models with actual scarring on them. Off the top of my head, the Legion wolves come to mind, but that's it
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

I like how Blizzard's method to avoiding continuous updates, is making the models more stylized. The more realism they add, the more they have to go back when their technology improves. I think this is a nice middle ground.

Something else I noted is that their coloring style completely changed. If you look at most of the models they have a 'water color' type of brush effect going on. I think it was first seen on the river beasts, but they seem to really like it across the board. It gives an interesting aesthetic that's for sure.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Myzou wrote:I have to say, if we don't get new stable slots for all these revamps, I may legit rage quit.
It may be heresy here... but see the new thread I'm gonna start in a minute...
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

To be honest, I think 55 slots is plenty. Whenever I actually start playing again, I will have to clear out about 20 new spots for the creatures of Legion and BFA, and that's OK by me.

Unlike mounts or minipets, I don't think hunter pets should be treated as collectible items. They're supposed to be a hunter's bonded companions, not pretty trinkets to hoard and stow away forever.

If you must, then just create some hunter alts to hold all the pets you want to collect. Bonus if they have unique themes like only certain color pets, only mammals, only invertebrates, etc.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Equeon wrote:To be honest, I think 55 slots is plenty. Whenever I actually start playing again, I will have to clear out about 20 new spots for the creatures of Legion and BFA, and that's OK by me.

Unlike mounts or minipets, I don't think hunter pets should be treated as collectible items. They're supposed to be a hunter's bonded companions, not pretty trinkets to hoard and stow away forever.

If you must, then just create some hunter alts to hold all the pets you want to collect. Bonus if they have unique themes like only certain color pets, only mammals, only invertebrates, etc.
This is what I intend to do, mainly because Krys has a specific aesthetic I like to stick to, but I really love all the different blue and purple pets we've got available. Tbh, it's probably why I don't struggle with space very much :lol: I'm quite picky with my pets, and unless they're drop dead gorgeous/a pet I can't get again easily, they don't tend to stay.

That being said, even another 10/15 slots for those who need the space would help at least somewhat with all the older models they're updating :) I can imagine there are some old pets that people have dropped because of the poor quality that will be tamed again once the shiny models come out
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Wait... some of the bees have armor... hope we can tame that version..
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Equeon wrote:To be honest, I think 55 slots is plenty. Whenever I actually start playing again, I will have to clear out about 20 new spots for the creatures of Legion and BFA, and that's OK by me.

This becomes a bit more difficult when you have a bunch of glitched tames that you want to keep but that you don't have a particular bond with.

The oil wolf, fear tarantula, crab with a glass of alcohol and multiple others. I own them, and I would like to be able to keep them, but they currently take up so much space that I'll have to clear them out if I want to tame anything in BfA.

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Qraljar wrote:

This becomes a bit more difficult when you have a bunch of glitched tames that you want to keep but that you don't have a particular bond with.

The oil wolf, fear tarantula, crab with a glass of alcohol and multiple others. I own them, and I would like to be able to keep them, but they currently take up so much space that I'll have to clear them out if I want to tame anything in BfA.
That gets to my idea in the other thread. I'd like to "learn" the appearances of those ~12 spirit beasts that I have, but never use, without having to tame them again.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Qraljar wrote:

That gets to my idea in the other thread. I'd like to "learn" the appearances of those ~12 spirit beasts that I have, but never use, without having to tame them again.
I don't know if I agree with "learning appearances". I'd much more prefer to have a million stable slots than to have only 10 and have all your pet appearances be like some kind of transmog thing.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed, Qraljar. Besides that, glitched pets probably wouldn't be added to a Pet Xmog tab, due to their nature.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

WerebearGuy wrote:Get a pet thread up on the beta forums, and post on our hunters. Post our likes, dislikes, hopes, and so on. Make one thread with a simple post format like the following:

Beast: (Name), (Zone)
Problem: (Description of issue)
Request: (Description of preferred change)

Something like this would be easy to write out, and help organize things in a way that makes it easy for the devs to read it (if they even read the forums)
I agree completely. Like you mentioned posting likes, I think its nice to sprinkle in appreciation for just how well done many of the art is (in a way that doesn't clutter the post). We certainly don't want to come across as purely critical or unappreciative when we offer feedback on things we don't like.
GAJones4221
Realm: Malfurion

Unread post by GAJones4221 »

Quiv wrote:I know the last thing we need is another damned cat lol but I really hope they make non-loa version of this and with a variety of colors. The model on this beats the pants off every cat in the game IMO. WTB a lion like this

Sometimes I love the members of this forum, sometimes I wish I didn't see images like this because now I want it because it looks freaking bad@$$ and I'm perfectly fine with them adding cats, in fact cats seem to be the best hunter pet they seem to be good at designing, Why would they halt one of the most tamed species in game? That would be silly. However if they do add that cat to the list of tamables. I will be using that thing only for probably like a year straight.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Qraljar wrote:This becomes a bit more difficult when you have a bunch of glitched tames that you want to keep but that you don't have a particular bond with.

I know. I have the red and green grubs, sha scorpid, sha tiger, and ghost vulture. I'm only particularly attached to the red grub and the scorpid, but there's no way I'm releasing those uniques.

Still, there are some pets that I just haven't used in forever, and I'm fine with rotating them out for all the great new looks we're getting. Still would vastly prefer your suggestion of 10-15 more slots instead of some transmog system like Guild Wars 2.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I didn't really notice before, but really, those new/updated/more fluid raptor animations are amazing. Attack, walking, running, even sitting. Whoa, amazing. Especially that walking one.

That aside, I never quite realized how much better the new Basilisk animations are compared to the old basilisk, diemetradon, crocolisk animations. The new diemetradon also use the new basilisk animations and they look great!
Equeon wrote:
Qraljar wrote:This becomes a bit more difficult when you have a bunch of glitched tames that you want to keep but that you don't have a particular bond with.

I know. I have the red and green grubs, sha scorpid, sha tiger, and ghost vulture. I'm only particularly attached to the red grub and the scorpid, but there's no way I'm releasing those uniques.

Still, there are some pets that I just haven't used in forever, and I'm fine with rotating them out for all the great new looks we're getting. Still would vastly prefer your suggestion of 10-15 more slots instead of some transmog system like Guild Wars 2.
Yeah. I was jesting before in the other thread, but since people kind of compared it to flying vs no flying, what with the option to not fly if you don't want to..

How about every expansion (so also going back to Legion, WoD and MoP, etc.) they add a challenge or something to do that allows you to unlock extra stable slots, if you so wish to? Kind of like a Pathfinder for hunter stable slots.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's not a bad idea. Though, depending on how long or how hard it takes to complete the challenge, I can see people complaining about it just like they do with flying pathfinding.