Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Tomb »

I wonder if they are gonna merge dinosaurs into "lizards".
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:I agree! They're good updates - maybe a little lighter on the purple stripes than the originals, but mostly faithful. So I wouldn't mind seeing the old ones updated, though I know some like the old skeleton. I actually prefer the new model over the skyscreamer one, but it's purely a matter of personal taste, both models are really well done. I just hope that the skyscreamers don't waddle along the ground when they run after you but their relationship to the rylak skeleton / animations makes me worry that they will.
Yeah. :( Once again I wish they could implement some sort of 'fly while running/land while idle' animations since that wing span would probably be bothersome. I'll be glad to be able to tame them either way, but I wouldn't want a permanently grounded one if I had a choice.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It's possible, though Dinosaurs in WoW all vary quite differently from one another.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Vephriel wrote:Comparing the old models with the matching new models, it really does feel like they could be valid replacements. It certainly seems like the artist chose the colours specifically based off the originals, and while they have completely different skeletons, I don't think I'd mind seeing the classic ones replaced with them. That old bat model base just really hasn't aged well.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I think I personally still like the Skyscreamers the best, their faces have a lot more appeal to me with those long toothy maws. :D But the BfA ones are growing on me, they just have a different vibe and attitude.
I like the neck flapthing on the older model more. I dunno it amuses me :lol:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'll say it again, but I'd hate for the old pterrodax to go away. The bat dinosaur is endearing to me, and was one of my wishlist pets when I first started playing. I'm fine with the new models, but that'd be a slap in the face if they took it away AND made them tameable. I want people to get the new pterrodax, but I would be upset if they took out the dinobats as well. That's not a compromise I'd be happy with. Just give em the treatment the bats got, call them lesser pterrodax, and I'd be perfectly content.

I just really want bat-styled pterrodax.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

fwiw, the pig is still tameable!! It's a neutral mob so I can see why it's probably a mistake, but man oh man I'm using Wilbur until it's broken anyway <3
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

jensketch wrote:fwiw, the pig is still tameable!! It's a neutral mob so I can see why it's probably a mistake, but man oh man I'm using Wilbur until it's broken anyway <3

So if they entirely forget about it being tameable. Where would I need to run to go grab it if it makes it to live? :'D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I believe one of the sea turtles are still tamable. Blizz just hasn't performed the taming pass and thus they haven't dealt with mobs that shouldn't be tamable. But for those interested, the pig is near Teller's Farm in mid western Drustvar.
Tammo
Realm: Blade's-Edge EU

Unread post by Tammo »

I will really miss my dear pig when its not longer tameable, my fav pet so far from beta.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I too will miss mine. I tamed two of them and named them Truffle and Shuffle, and used the two pet talent just so I could have Truffle Shuffle. I fully expect them to "fix" them so they're not valid pets like they unnecessarily did to the Dazarian Stalkers, but who knows; maybe there IS a god, and he'll let us tame them on live.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Looks like Krolusks, Saurolisks (Lizards), Pterrodaxes, and Toads will have their own families :DDD
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Muffinus should be fired for getting our hopes up about the unicorns. :/

Either that or they're named Krolusks for some reason.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Or they're included in an already existing family.
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

Under Pet Class abilities:

NEW Ancient Hide - When falling below 40% health, the Pterrordax will shrug off attacks, granting 60% reduced incoming damage for 15 sec.
This effect can only occur once every 120 sec.
NEW Bulwark - The Trilobite assumes a defensive posture, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.
NEW Calcified Carapace - Reduces physical damage taken by (Total health * 0.0003 * 0.7).
NEW Grievous Bite - The Lizard bites with toxic venom, causing Mortal Wounds.
Mortal Wounds
Grievously wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received for 10 sec.
NEW Shimmering Shale - Reduces magic damage taken by (Total health * 0.0003 * 0.7).
NEW Swarm of Flies - A swarm of flies surrounds the Toad, distracting enemies, increasing dodge chance by 30% for 20 sec.

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=284417/bat ... s-and-pets
Last edited by ejpaints on Tue May 15, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enikka & Gara.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Just saw that. At a quick glance, I like the abilities :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Komodo dragons confirmed, hell yeah. It's an incredibly pointless thing to be happy about, but the fact that they're basically Komodo dragons makes me happy. Best lizard. The Pterrodax racial kind of sucks, since it makes them sound like a Tenacity pet and not Cunning or Ferocity. Still, I'm glad they're all confirmed.

I just hope Crawg fall under Lizard or Spirit Beast at this point. My hopes and dreams are fading fast.
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I'm still holding out hope he wasn't trolling about the unicorns. I was really excited about that.
Enikka & Gara.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Horses are in!

Skills
Class Skills

Pet - Exotic Krolusk (New)
Pet - Exotic Pterrordax (New)
Pet - Exotic Shale Spider - Name changed from "Pet - Shale Spider" to "Pet - Exotic Shale Spider".
Pet - Horse (New)
Pet - Lizard (New) - Pet - Lizard
Pet - Toad (New)
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Frog hype!!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wonderful! Glad to see that they are definitely in. And it looks like Blizz isn't dropping Exotics.