WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 79  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:20 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 15737
Location: Alberta, Canada
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
Are the Wild Skyscreamer skins not listed under Tameable appearances for a certain reason? The dungeon ones are definitely tameable as well,

Fixed that, thanks! :)

In light of the finding about NPCs not scaling in opposing-faction zones, can anyone confirm if the Wild Skyscreamers NOT in the dungeon really are all 120 (for Horde), or might they scale if you're of that faction?

I can confirm that the non-instanced Skyscreamers are 120. I went looking in there first before trying the dungeon ones.

_________________

Image


signature artwork by d1eselx
• Flight Rising lair


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11237
Gender: Male
Vephriel wrote:
Wain wrote:
Vephriel wrote:
Are the Wild Skyscreamer skins not listed under Tameable appearances for a certain reason? The dungeon ones are definitely tameable as well,

Fixed that, thanks! :)

In light of the finding about NPCs not scaling in opposing-faction zones, can anyone confirm if the Wild Skyscreamers NOT in the dungeon really are all 120 (for Horde), or might they scale if you're of that faction?

I can confirm that the non-instanced Skyscreamers are 120. I went looking in there first before trying the dungeon ones.

Thanks! Nice that the dungeon ones are more obliging :)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 am
Posts: 1979
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn
Gender: Female
Going through Zandalar and Nazmir, am I the only one who thinks that there's a very high number of untameables that feel as though they should be tameable? Certain variants of the pterrodaxes, for example. Other pterrodaxes are tameable, so there's no special requirement, but it feels hit-and-miss as to what you can actually tame.

Aka, please make the black and red pterrodaxes tameable, Blizzard, there's no reason not to

_________________

Image
Art by TunfischhaiTumblr Flight Rising



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:41 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 15737
Location: Alberta, Canada
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Krysteena wrote:
Going through Zandalar and Nazmir, am I the only one who thinks that there's a very high number of untameables that feel as though they should be tameable? Certain variants of the pterrodaxes, for example. Other pterrodaxes are tameable, so there's no special requirement, but it feels hit-and-miss as to what you can actually tame.

Aka, please make the black and red pterrodaxes tameable, Blizzard, there's no reason not to

Definitely. :( From what I understand, it sounds like they didn't have time to do a final taming pass and a lot of creatures that should hae been tameable aren't flagged for it. I think we'll be getting that fixed in a future patch with any luck? We just don't know when yet. I'm crossing my fingers that ones like the Pandaria pterrordaxes will be added at the time, and a lot of the colours that are currently unflagged.

_________________

Image


signature artwork by d1eselx
• Flight Rising lair


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 292
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)
Gender: Female
Krysteena wrote:
Going through Zandalar and Nazmir, am I the only one who thinks that there's a very high number of untameables that feel as though they should be tameable? Certain variants of the pterrodaxes, for example. Other pterrodaxes are tameable, so there's no special requirement, but it feels hit-and-miss as to what you can actually tame.

Aka, please make the black and red pterrodaxes tameable, Blizzard, there's no reason not to


I was thinking this exactly! It seems like there's so many mobs that I come across that *should* be tameable but aren't.

_________________

Image


FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1681
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
Krysteena wrote:
Going through Zandalar and Nazmir, am I the only one who thinks that there's a very high number of untameables that feel as though they should be tameable? Certain variants of the pterrodaxes, for example. Other pterrodaxes are tameable, so there's no special requirement, but it feels hit-and-miss as to what you can actually tame.

Aka, please make the black and red pterrodaxes tameable, Blizzard, there's no reason not to

You are certainly correct and Blizzard should've done a second taming pass, because there are so many things untameable that shouldn't be.

*cough* Skyscreamer and (I suspect) every coloration of Dire Toad. I really have trouble believing they made a toad family in BfA just for the MoP critter models at the same time they made big proper npc toads.

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 am
Posts: 1979
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn
Gender: Female
I'm glad it's not just me, although I'm a little disappointed that so much has been missed off the taming pass that shouldn't have been. I reckon they've had a full plate in order to get the expansion out as it is, so I'll keep fingers crossed that in a later patch they'll do another taming pass and sort everything out :)

The zones shall just have to feel weirdly empty with all the 'cannot be tamed' labels stamped onto random critters for a little longer :')

_________________

Image
Art by TunfischhaiTumblr Flight Rising



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:12 pm
Posts: 10438
Location: No longer in your pants
Realm: Eonar
Gender: Male Irl. Male orc
One thing I'll note. The Draenor wolf that looks like skoll, while not tameable, isn't an unused skin. A bit north of Warport Rastari in western Zuldazar is a cave where you can find the rare mob 'Avatar of Xolotal'....as well as some not rare Sons of Xolotal. These wolves all use the Skoll-colored WoD model without lightning effects.

Figured I'd help us be thorough XD They ARE marked as beasts, but again they aren't tameable.

_________________
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:17 pm
Posts: 22
Realm: Madoran, Wyrmrest Accord
Yeah I was literally just coming to report the Sons/Avatar of Xolotal-- they use the 'blue draenor stormy wolf' skin that's currently listed as unused-- except they do not have the storm effect-- they're just these beautiful blue and white wolves and GOSH I WANT TO TAME ONE but alas, they are both untameable at the moment.

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 am
Posts: 3888
Location: Satellite of Love
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)
Gender: Fembot
Hey my good dudes, just here to inform that the Feasting Skyscreamers in Atal'dazar are tamable - at least in the instanced version. I was unable to check the non-instanced versions due to my hunter still being a level 110 squish.

Image

This means that we have at least one tamable grey pterrordax, along with a few easier tames for some of the other colours available in the instance.

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 1082
Realm: Feathermoon
I don't know if it's mentioned yet or not...but the Toxic Saurids in Atal'dezar dungeon are flagged tamable. The trick is going to be pulling one and taming it before your group mows the entire pull down.

_________________

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian


And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 pm 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11237
Gender: Male
Moonlost wrote:
Hey my good dudes, just here to inform that the Feasting Skyscreamers in Atal'dazar are tamable - at least in the instanced version. I was unable to check the non-instanced versions due to my hunter still being a level 110 squish.

Image

This means that we have at least one tamable grey pterrordax, along with a few easier tames for some of the other colours available in the instance.

That's awesome! Thanks for reporting that :) I've updated the database.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11237
Gender: Male
Bashkarr wrote:
Yeah I was literally just coming to report the Sons/Avatar of Xolotal-- they use the 'blue draenor stormy wolf' skin that's currently listed as unused-- except they do not have the storm effect-- they're just these beautiful blue and white wolves and GOSH I WANT TO TAME ONE but alas, they are both untameable at the moment.

Image

Image

Thanks for reporting this :) I'm going to have to add a new look for the unstormy version, then I'll add him :)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:32 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3412
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
That was reported a while back. I believe that I updated the list with the change, though I could be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:26 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:29 am
Posts: 80
Realm: aegwynn
Valnaaros wrote:
That was reported a while back. I believe that I updated the list with the change, though I could be wrong.


Yea, back in beta many people were hoping he'd be made tamable in the mythical 'second taming pass' that never happened. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 am
Posts: 51
Realm: Dalaran
King Kooba is a rare gorilla in Naz’mir and has the purple black skin. He is tameable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11237
Gender: Male
Is anyone with a 120 Hunter able to please check this vignette wasp?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=139145/blackthorne

It's in the Deathmist Hills area of Tiragarde (north of the shipwreck). Map attached.


Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_081718_001607.jpg [426.69 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11237
Gender: Male
Sarynotsorry wrote:
King Kooba is a rare gorilla in Naz’mir and has the purple black skin. He is tameable.

Wow. We do have him in the database, but as black, and Wowhead's image is black too. Maybe he's been changed very recently, but I'm also worried it's a lighting thing making him look more purple, since the 'purple' is very much like black to begin with. Do you still have him and are you able to please confirm his colour under other light? Sorry to sound doubtful but in this case I just want to be certain before I change it. Thanks :)

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3412
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
Wain wrote:
Is anyone with a 120 Hunter able to please check this vignette wasp?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=139145/blackthorne

It's in the Deathmist Hills area of Tiragarde (north of the shipwreck). Map attached.


I'll check that out shortly, Wain. I believe that one might not always be up and is spawned via a WQ (which is probably why I don't recall ever seeing it).

Update: checked out the area and it isn't up atm. I suspect that he is most likely 122, which is the lvl that most vignettes are at that are spawned by WQs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:47 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11237
Gender: Male
Valnaaros wrote:
Wain wrote:
Is anyone with a 120 Hunter able to please check this vignette wasp?
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=139145/blackthorne

It's in the Deathmist Hills area of Tiragarde (north of the shipwreck). Map attached.


I'll check that out shortly, Wain. I believe that one might not always be up and is spawned via a WQ (which is probably why I don't recall ever seeing it).

Update: checked out the area and it isn't up atm. I suspect that he is most likely 122, which is the lvl that most vignettes are at that are spawned by WQs.

Thanks for checking anyway :)

She was definitely 120. Pic attached. I guess the '!' signifies she's part of a WQ as well as a vignette?

This was 45 min before reset, so she may not be available again for many days if that's the case.


Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_081718_001617.jpg [316.37 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 79  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group