WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 79  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 36
Myzou wrote:
You know, with the 2 new komodo dragon models:

Image
Image


I think the Baby is just a companion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:31 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 15739
Location: Alberta, Canada
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Wow, it seems like they're really intent on updating a lot of the older models! There's so many new things, I'm still trying to process it all. :lol: I'm really pleased by all the bugs and reptiles though. :D

Qraljar, how do you find the models that aren't on the MMO post? I'd love to take a closer look at the tarantulas.

_________________

Image


signature artwork by d1eselx
• Flight Rising lair


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:31 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3418
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
Wowhead has a bigger list of models.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:03 pm
Posts: 81
Image

I hope I can tame this one and give it a knife.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3418
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
I could see us taming giant hermit crabs. Would certainly be a welcome addition to the Crab family :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1681
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
Vephriel wrote:
Wow, it seems like they're really intent on updating a lot of the older models! There's so many new things, I'm still trying to process it all. :lol: I'm really pleased by all the bugs and reptiles though. :D

Qraljar, how do you find the models that aren't on the MMO post? I'd love to take a closer look at the tarantulas.

Well, MMO-Champion updated its database for the most part with the new models, because these tarantulas, the Maexxna spiders, the gorillas, the hyenas, the minespiders and the bonespiders are almost all applied to old world models.

Not all, some still use the old models, but Chitter, for example, uses this model now:
Image
http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/52146-chitter

And Maexxna uses this model now:
Image
http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/15952-maexxna

Just cross-reference with the WoW-Petopia list of mobs to find particular colorations or skins.

Last I checked, the Teldrassil Green Tarantulas still used the old model, but
Image
http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/769-deathstrike-tarantula

These use the new one.

Mind you, one of the minespider model's legs is currently glitched. It isn't skinned properly, so it has a similar effect to the lava scorpion. Let's hope that gets fixed. :P

Valnaaros wrote:
I could see us taming giant hermit crabs. Would certainly be a welcome addition to the Crab family :)

I honestly don't see why not. They could just easily be new Crabs.

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:41 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 15739
Location: Alberta, Canada
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Ah thank you! I usually just rely on whatever's posted on the front page. :lol:

As someone who keeps tarantulas in real life, I'd like to hug whoever gave such lovely attention to detail on the bottom of them. :') They look great!

Image


Attachments:
Image1.png [376.75 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________

Image


signature artwork by d1eselx
• Flight Rising lair
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:42 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1681
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
Vephriel wrote:
Ah thank you! I usually just rely on whatever's posted on the front page. :lol:

As someone who keeps tarantulas in real life, I'd like to hug whoever gave such lovely attention to detail on the bottom of them. :') They look great!

Image

Haha, I agree. When I looked at it, I thought that little extra detail was really cool.

Also, I am sure a lot of people are not gonna like the new models replacing the old ones for the hyena, but I really think this guy in particular is stunning.
Image
http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/14228-giggler

Image
This common Westfall crab, too.
http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/831-sea-crawler

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3418
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
I don't mind the new Hyena model replacing the old one. If enough people dislike it, Blizz could always do the same thing to them as they did with the bears and add rares that use the old skins.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:48 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 15739
Location: Alberta, Canada
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Yeah, while I absolutely love a lot of these revamps, they are....very different from some of the originals. I'm a little concerned for nostalgia's sake;;

The blue wind serpent, for example. I am head over heels over these new models, they look so much better, but the new 'blue' one (as much as I love it, as its own skin) really doesn't have anywhere near the vibrancy or saturation of the original, which has an almost iridescent look to it.

Image Image

It's such a difficult place to be in. The classic models are old, and they show it. I know the only reason I'm attached to them is because they've looked a certain way since the very beginning, and there's a lot of memories/nostalgia tied up in that.

I can completely understand the want and the need to update the game as a whole and I'm really glad they're doing it. I do wish that in some cases though that the revamps would remain a little more faithful in terms of colour and design.

I think overall I'm happy though! I realize we can't keep these clunky N64 looking things around forever (honestly that's what a lot of the classic models look like these days) and it might just be time to bite the bullet and say farewell to some of them and welcome in the new versions. :)


Attachments:
ws.png [307 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________

Image


signature artwork by d1eselx
• Flight Rising lair
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1681
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
Valnaaros wrote:
I don't mind the new Hyena model replacing the old one. If enough people dislike it, Blizz could always do the same thing to them as they did with the bears and add rares that use the old skins.

That's true. I personally think it's a good change.

The only one I'm actually not sure about is the Gorilla, which also replaces the common Gorilla mobs found all around the old world. That brow ridge is still a bit heavy to me.

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3418
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
It is very early in the Alpha/Beta cycle, so I'm sure if enough of us push for a change, it will happen. Did the same with Quilens and Bears.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1681
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
Vephriel wrote:
Yeah, while I absolutely love a lot of these revamps, they are....very different from some of the originals. I'm a little concerned for nostalgia's sake;;

The blue wind serpent, for example. I am head over heels over these new models, they look so much better, but the new 'blue' one (as much as I love it, as its own skin) really doesn't have anywhere near the vibrancy or saturation of the original, which has an almost iridescent look to it.

[img]windserpent%20comparison[/img]

It's such a difficult place to be in. The classic models are old, and they show it. I know the only reason I'm attached to them is because they've looked a certain way since the very beginning, and there's a lot of memories/nostalgia tied up in that.

I can completely understand the want and the need to update the game as a whole and I'm really glad they're doing it. I do wish that in some cases though that the revamps would remain a little more faithful in terms of colour and design.

I think overall I'm happy though! I realize we can't keep these clunky N64 looking things around forever (honestly that's what a lot of the classic models look like these days) and it might just be time to bite the bullet and say farewell to some of them and welcome in the new versions. :)


Oh yeah, I hadn't even checked out the new wind serpents. I wasn't as concerned because most of them had retained their original color schemes. I mean, the mine spiders had every color the old model had last I checked, if a little more muted (which I didn't mind), but the color scheme on this wind serpent, while undoubtedly beautiful, is quite different indeed.

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:53 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 15739
Location: Alberta, Canada
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
I find that there's a tendency for newer models to look more washed out and desaturated, unfortunately. Which I suppose is a result of newer environments and wanting the creatures to look realistic within them. I'm sure in the game they're going to look fine, but it's hard not to notice the difference in vibrancy when comparing old to new.
Image
Image

A lot of people were upset by the forced update of the bears but I'm not sure if we're going to be lucky enough to get 'grandfathered' models for all of the revamps this time. I almost feel like it would be too much to try to do that for every single one of these creatures this time, and I'm not sure how much they want to keep those old models in the game at that point.

_________________

Image


signature artwork by d1eselx
• Flight Rising lair


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1681
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
Vephriel wrote:
I find that there's a tendency for newer models to look more washed out and desaturated, unfortunately. Which I suppose is a result of newer environments and wanting the creatures to look realistic within them. I'm sure in the game they're going to look fine, but it's hard not to notice the difference in vibrancy when comparing old to new.
Image
Image

A lot of people were upset by the forced update of the bears but I'm not sure if we're going to be lucky enough to get 'grandfathered' models for all of the revamps this time. I almost feel like it would be too much to try to do that for every single one of these creatures this time, and I'm not sure how much they want to keep those old models in the game at that point.

Yeah, that is more akin to the old black one, I think.

I still like it a lot, but it's very different. Hmh, I do also agree with Blizzard, though, that the more muted colors allow it to fit into its environment more. Difficult, difficult.

Also,

Image
I didn't see this model before. It's similar in design to the Loa frog mount, but it's definitely not that, haha.
http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/125418-frogmarsh-leaper

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:59 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Posts: 15739
Location: Alberta, Canada
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Oh my god that toad is adorable! ;u;

Another concerning discrepency I just found. The white wind serpents.

This is the model that's replacing them. It is...not white at all, and it doesn't have those lovely purple details. :( It's frustrating that some are really, really faithful remakes (the green one looks fantastic to me), but others are just completely different from the source material.

ImageImage


Attachments:
www.png [229.95 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________

Image


signature artwork by d1eselx
• Flight Rising lair
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:03 pm
Posts: 81
Maybe it is time for them to add Aquatic into the hunter pet family!

Hovering sharks and frogs!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:02 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3418
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
I can see a frog or amphibian family being made, but not sharks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1681
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
Vephriel wrote:
Oh my god that toad is adorable! ;u;

Another concerning discrepency I just found. The white wind serpents.

This is the model that's replacing them. It is...not white at all, and it doesn't have those lovely purple details. :( It's frustrating that some are really, really faithful remakes (the green one looks fantastic to me), but others are just completely different from the source material.

ImageImage

Yeah, that isn't even near the same coloration. I think that's just a bug. Either they didn't create the new texture map for that color yet, or it wasn't properly applied yet.

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Posts: 1681
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male
http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/124640-kragwa-the-huge

LOL, this needs to be a new hunter pet, along with the new small frog models. The mountspecial is great.

_________________
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 79  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group