BfA Alpha - Mount datamining

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: BfA Alpha - Mount datamining

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The rep mounts have been datamined with this build.

Voldunai (Horde faction) - Alabaster Hyena

Talanji's Expedition (Horde faction) - Expedition Bloodswarmer

Zandalari Empire (Horde faction) - Armored Albino Pterrordax, Armored Orange Pterrordax, Armored Cobalt Pterrordax, Armored Ebony Pterrordax

Proudmoore Admiralty (Alliance faction) - Pearl Admiralty Stallion, Proodmoore Sea Scout

Storm's Wake (Alliance faction) - Storm's Wake Dapple Gray, Stormsong Coastwatcher

Order of Embers (Alliance faction) - Waycrest Smoky Black Charger, Dusky Waycrest Gryphon

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

So.. Blizz got pretty damn lazy when designing Alliance mounts, eh? Guess Ion really is on the Horde side.

Of course, there's the other side.. 3 reputations that I don't need to farm for mounts. :lol:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

The black horse is stunning! !!!! Well all the horses are but the black is ny favorit

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Can't wait to get that Bloodswarmer! :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nazjatar Blood Serpent is another mount datamined today. No info yet on how it is obtained.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That's a great colour combo!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I really hope, but am not holding my breath for, a way to get some cross faction mounts. What I mean would be like if as a WPvP reward, an alliance player could get a stolen pterodax, or horde players could get a stolen horse or whatever. As nice as those horses and griffons are, I'd be more excited to get a pterodax for my voodoo gnomes. Even if it required a slog through pvp.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I like how 2 out of the 3 rep horse mounts reuse assets from the Demon Hunter Felsaber mount.
It's hilarious.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

SlickrockGhost wrote:So.. Blizz got pretty damn lazy when designing Alliance mounts, eh? Guess Ion really is on the Horde side.

Of course, there's the other side.. 3 reputations that I don't need to farm for mounts. :lol:
There really isn't a Horde bias with mounts. Alliance mounts are Horses and Gryphons. Besides, Dark Irons get a unique Core Hound mount and Mag'har get wolf mount #12453. There are also two new Paladin mounts, and the Horde doesn't get a new Paladin race. If we go back to WoD, the Alliance get an elekk encased in iron and imbued with fire, whilst the Horde got another wolf. Things won't always be equal, but that doesn't mean there is bias.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:
SlickrockGhost wrote:So.. Blizz got pretty damn lazy when designing Alliance mounts, eh? Guess Ion really is on the Horde side.

There really isn't a Horde bias with mounts. Alliance mounts are Horses and Gryphons. Besides, Dark Irons get a unique Core Hound mount and Mag'har get wolf mount #12453. There are also two new Paladin mounts, and the Horde doesn't get a new Paladin race. If we go back to WoD, the Alliance get an elekk encased in iron and imbued with fire, whilst the Horde got another wolf. Things won't always be equal, but that doesn't mean there is bias.
The new wolf mount isn't just a WoD wolf, so that's a pretty terrible argument.

And what about a flying blood tick screams Horde exactly? It's rewarded because it's an enemy you have to fight to gain rep for that faction. By that logic, one of the Alliance factions should have a wicker beast mount or a kraken mount, not a bunch of recolored MoP gryphons and three horses with armor ripped straight off the DH Felsaber and the Cataclysm Storm Drake models.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

What I don't get is why we don't have different race themed mounts by now. Imagine;

Human Nightsaber, Ram, Mechanostrider, and Elekk with stormwind-themed armor
Darnassian Horse, Ram, Mechanostrider, and Elekk with black colors and sentinel armor
Dwarven Horse, Nightsaber, Mechanostrider, and Elekk with anvil-themed armor
Gnomish Horse, Nightsaber, Ram, and Elekk with shiny mechanical bodies
Draenei Horse, Nightsaber, Ram, and Mechanostrider with gold armor and purple crystals
Orcish Raptor, Kodo, Skeletal Horse, and Hawkstrider with red spiked armor
Darkspear Wolf, Kodo, Skeletal Horse, and Hawkstrider with voodoo-themed armor
Tauren Wolf, Raptor, Skeletal Horse, and Hawkstrider with warpaint and natural-looking armor
Forsaken Wolf, Raptor, Kodo, and Hawkstrider with intimidating dilapidated armor
Sin'dorei Wolf, Raptor, Kodo, and Skeletal Horse with ornate red and gold armor

Not including the allied races, Pandaren, Goblins, or Worgen, that's a very simple 40 mounts right there. Make them tied to being exalted with x faction as x race, and have them be faction-wide so you can ride your Orcish Raptor on a Forsaken, or your Gnomish Elekk on a Night Elf. Add in prestigious mounts for being exalted with your own faction, and you'd have so many great mounts. Sure, it'd be more horses and wolves, but they'd be unique rather than just being normal colors with slight variations.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'm jelous the Alliance is getting more versions of their OG flying mounts! I'd love some OG Horde ones also.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Qraljar And the Horses aren't just old horses. The armor is just armor. It really doesn't matter if it they share it with something else. The rest of it is a new model. People have been asking for new simple Alliance mounts for years. The armored gryphons add more variety to a mount that has only had an armored and unarmored version since MoP. Both of these things will be great for RP. The Horde has at least gotten simple-looking wolves, whereas the Alliance has had the same horses since Vanilla.

What about the Armored Irontusk screams Alliance? Same thing. Besides, there have been plenty of other datamined pterrodaxes, hyenas, and blood ticks that have been datamined and will most likely be available to both sides.

@Werebearguy. I would love if Blizz did something like that. I think it just comes down to time and resources, and doing all of that would require a lot of both.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

cowmuflage wrote:I'm jelous the Alliance is getting more versions of their OG flying mounts! I'd love some OG Horde ones also.
You're not alone in feeling that, Cowmuflage. I would also love if they added more Grand Wyvern recolors, and I know there are several Hordies over on Reddit that feel the same way. This whole thing isn't a contest nor does it need to be made out as bias.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Meh if alliance don't get a hyena mount I'll be ticked. I know horde is getting that multi-seater bronto mount. On beta it doesn't look like there will be any way for alliance to get that. If we can't get it we better get a damn good multi passenger mount too.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'm sure they will. Every other time they've had multi seat mounts they've made versions for both and I don't see why they'd stop now.

Edit: Oops sorry I read it wrong I thought you said alliance where not getting one XD
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote: There really isn't a Horde bias with mounts...There are also two new Paladin mounts, and the Horde doesn't get a new Paladin race.
Not really a great argument with paladins either sorry. Each new horde Paladin race got their own unique mount where as Dwarves and Humans have shared the same one since Vanilla. I'm sure the amount of new shaman's more than makes up for it anyway.

There has always been abit of a bias towards Horde for mounts since Vanilla but yeah if we just get abunch of ponies and gryphons and the horde get 3 cool factions worth (plus the brontosaurs) with no equivalent that would be abit naff.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The BE mount isn't really unique. It is a recolor of the Human Paladin mount. The two new Paladin mounts are new models. Recolors of one another, but still new models.

There have been multiple blood tick, pterrodax, and hyena mounts datamined. It makes sense that the Pterrodaxes would be limited to the Horde, just as it makes sense for the Alliance to get Horses and Gryphons (especially considering the Alliance zones and this being labeled as a faction pride xpac by Blizz). As of right now, only one Hyena and Blood Tick is Horde-only. There are three more Blood Tick mounts and two more Hyena mounts. The Brutosaur mount hasn't been implemented yet, and I highly doubt Blizz is going to make that Horde-only.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
Valnaaros wrote: There really isn't a Horde bias with mounts...There are also two new Paladin mounts, and the Horde doesn't get a new Paladin race.
Not really a great argument with paladins either sorry. Each new horde Paladin race got their own unique mount where as Dwarves and Humans have shared the same one since Vanilla. I'm sure the amount of new shaman's more than makes up for it anyway.

There has always been abit of a bias towards Horde for mounts since Vanilla but yeah if we just get abunch of ponies and gryphons and the horde get 3 cool factions worth (plus the brontosaurs) with no equivalent that would be abit naff.
And there has always been bias towards Alliance for lore. Like how come paladins get multiple new mounts and Warlocks get no new ones since vanilla? Why do some classes get access to all colours of their class mounts and some don't? They just change colour when you change spec.

I feel like in other expacks Alliance got nicer looking mounts and in some Horde do, just like in some Horde get screwed over lore wise and in some Alliance do. It's how it goes.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Precisely, Cowmuflage. Things usually lean one way or another, and I doubt that it is due to some bias on Blizz's part.