BfA Alpha - Mount datamining

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: BfA Alpha - Mount datamining

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote: And there has always been bias towards Alliance for lore. Like how come paladins get multiple new mounts and Warlocks get no new ones since vanilla?

Because there were fewer races that were paladins compared to warlocks so lore wise It made sense they had the same fel pony. To be fair they got the green version in WoD so they did get a new mount (considering the Belf paladin mount is just a red and black version of the human one it's a fair comparison). Also a tauren on a horse would look pretty weird so I think that's why they got a kodo (and so space goats got elek but they originally too had ponies from memory).

I will concede that the Horde got the rougher end of the stick lore wise the last few expansions - your warchief situation is worse then Australia's PM replacement policy atm XD

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote: And there has always been bias towards Alliance for lore. Like how come paladins get multiple new mounts and Warlocks get no new ones since vanilla?

Because there were fewer races that were paladins compared to warlocks so lore wise It made sense they had the same fel pony. To be fair they got the green version in WoD so they did get a new mount (considering the Belf paladin mount is just a red and black version of the human one it's a fair comparison). Also a tauren on a horse would look pretty weird so I think that's why they got a kodo (and so space goats got elek but they originally too had ponies from memory).

I will concede that the Horde got the rougher end of the stick lore wise the last few expansions - your warchief situation is worse then Australia's PM replacement policy atm XD
Huh I stand corrected I did not know about the green one. XD

Yeah :lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:The BE mount isn't really unique. It is a recolor of the Human Paladin mount. The two new Paladin mounts are new models. Recolors of one another, but still new models.
My point still stands. The alliance paladins shared one mount model between 3 races at one point where as the horde all got their own separate unique mount (wether it was a recolour or not is irrelevant) with each race added.

I'm not going to keep arguing the point but as someone who's played both sides of the fence since vanilla there has always been a slight bias towards the horde in terms of mounts and "cool stuff" in general. Maybe now more new blood is around at blizz that might change more but that's how I feel about it.

Shadowlands

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nah, Castile. Just three recolors of a MoP mount and three horses with armor ripped straight from older mounts.
Because somethingsomething that's the Alliance thematic.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I have also played both sides since Vanilla, and I have not seen a bias. There have been times when one side got a little bit more, but I never viewed that as bias. It's true that Alliance Paladins shared the same mount, but that changed with Cata. The Draenei got their unique mount in the same patch that Tauren did.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote:Nah, Castile. Just three recolors of a MoP mount and three horses with armor ripped straight from older mounts.
Why does the armor even matter? The rest of the mount itself is a brand new model. And at least the Alliance is getting additional recolors of their trademark flying mount, whereas the Horde isn't.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Qraljar wrote:Nah, Castile. Just three recolors of a MoP mount and three horses with armor ripped straight from older mounts.
Yeah ikr! I wouldn't exactly call the horses new either as they are basically recoloured highlord's chargers. So very lazy I think.

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I remember when this thread was about new upcoming mounts, those where the days ;P
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

cowmuflage wrote:I remember when this thread was about new upcoming mounts, those where the days ;P
:lol: ikr?
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

There's typically some sort of faction parity for mounts. But if there is in BfA, we haven't seen it yet. While the grand gryphon is a cool model, and getting recolors of it is appreciated, it doesn't match what we know the horde is getting so far. There's still recolors of the bloodfeaster and hyena mounts. Maybe there will be ways for alliance to get those. Maybe not.
It still would leave alliance with recolors and horde with an awesome pterrordax mount.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

... I'd like to have one of those horse model on my Horde character. After all, the Alliance got some wolves in WoD and at least I could use a horse in RP. That thing blood tick? When will I ever use that? (Never)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:
Why does the armor even matter? The rest of the mount itself is a brand new model. And at least the Alliance is getting additional recolors of their trademark flying mount, whereas the Horde isn't.
Because it's just a new horse model. It's not a model made especially for the mounts, it's one made for the sake of having a new horse model. From it, we already got the Seabraid Stallion. And the Worgen lvl 20 and 40 mounts are going to be updated to use the new models, too.
So that makes these mounts the lvl 20 and 40 Worgen mounts with scraps of armor from the Felsaber mount and the Storm Drake mount from Cataclysm.

Whereas the Horde gets:

One new blood tick model with a never before used (for mounts) skeleton and a unique saddle
One new hyena model with a unique saddle and armor. A never before used model for mounts
One new pterodactyl model with unique saddle and armor. With multiple colors coming from a single rep source.

When you consider that if you list the Alliance mounts here, it's:

3 quick recolors of a gryphon mount from Mists of Pandaria and 3 horses with armor and saddle torn from a mount from Legion and a mount from Cataclysm spread across 3 different reputations as if it were Warlords of Draenor again.

I'm not saying you can't like having more gryphons or more horse options if you're a roleplayer, but let's look at it objectively for a second, please.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Again, the armor doesn't really matter. They are new model and that is something, from what I've read, many Alliance players are happy about.

You'd have a point about the Hyenas and Blood Ticks if the Horde were getting all of them. There are still three Blood Tick mounts that, most likely, can be acquired by both. There are two more hyena mounts that will most likely be neutral, as well. Pterrodaxes going Horde make the most sense. In the end, the Alliance gets the most out of this since both the Gryphons and Horses belong entirely to them. Most likely they'll also get access to the other hyena and blood ticks. That makes the pterrodaxes the only entirely unique mount for the Horde.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Valnaaros wrote:Again, the armor doesn't really matter. They are new model and that is something, from what I've read, many Alliance players are happy about.

You'd have a point about the Hyenas and Blood Ticks if the Horde were getting all of them. There are still three Blood Tick mounts that, most likely, can be acquired by both. There are two more hyena mounts that will most likely be neutral, as well. Pterrodaxes going Horde make the most sense. In the end, the Alliance gets the most out of this since both the Gryphons and Horses belong entirely to them. Most likely they'll also get access to the other hyena and blood ticks. That makes the pterrodaxes the only entirely unique mount for the Horde.
And wyvern/windriders. If you're going to mention Gryphons being entirely alliance, then you can't omit that Windriders are entirely Horde. Gryphons which are dwarven mounts, being rewarded by human factions.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Again, the armor doesn't really matter. They are new model and that is something, from what I've read, many Alliance players are happy about.

This is entirely an assumption on your part.
There are plenty of mount colorations that go unused and rot in the database forever. Just because they exist doesn't mean to say that they will actually be available, let alone available for the Alliance as well.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sure, it is an assumption, but one that isn't far fetched. We don't have the rewards for the BfA Dungeon and Raid Glory metas, and they could easily put a Hyena or Blood Tick into them. They could also add them as drops from Dungeons, which they have already done with a few mounts. Every build implements new mounts.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Regardless if alliance has to jump through hoops to get a hyena or a blood tick and horde just get one from buying with an exalted rep, that's still shit.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Inay wrote:... I'd like to have one of those horse model on my Horde character. After all, the Alliance got some wolves in WoD and at least I could use a horse in RP. That thing blood tick? When will I ever use that? (Never)
That's true. I'd love a non undead horse to use on my Horde characters.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

cowmuflage wrote:
Inay wrote:... I'd like to have one of those horse model on my Horde character. After all, the Alliance got some wolves in WoD and at least I could use a horse in RP. That thing blood tick? When will I ever use that? (Never)
We can get the Argent Warhorse at the least.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vephriel wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
We can get the Argent Warhorse at the least.
Oh I forgot about that!