WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:51 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Aman'Thul, Caelestrasz, Nagrand, Moon Guard
cowmuflage wrote:
And there has always been bias towards Alliance for lore. Like how come paladins get multiple new mounts and Warlocks get no new ones since vanilla?

Because there were fewer races that were paladins compared to warlocks so lore wise It made sense they had the same fel pony. To be fair they got the green version in WoD so they did get a new mount (considering the Belf paladin mount is just a red and black version of the human one it's a fair comparison). Also a tauren on a horse would look pretty weird so I think that's why they got a kodo (and so space goats got elek but they originally too had ponies from memory).

I will concede that the Horde got the rougher end of the stick lore wise the last few expansions - your warchief situation is worse then Australia's PM replacement policy atm XD

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: dath remar
Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
And there has always been bias towards Alliance for lore. Like how come paladins get multiple new mounts and Warlocks get no new ones since vanilla?

Because there were fewer races that were paladins compared to warlocks so lore wise It made sense they had the same fel pony. To be fair they got the green version in WoD so they did get a new mount (considering the Belf paladin mount is just a red and black version of the human one it's a fair comparison). Also a tauren on a horse would look pretty weird so I think that's why they got a kodo (and so space goats got elek but they originally too had ponies from memory).

I will concede that the Horde got the rougher end of the stick lore wise the last few expansions - your warchief situation is worse then Australia's PM replacement policy atm XD

Huh I stand corrected I did not know about the green one. XD

Yeah :lol:

First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:03 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:
The BE mount isn't really unique. It is a recolor of the Human Paladin mount. The two new Paladin mounts are new models. Recolors of one another, but still new models.

My point still stands. The alliance paladins shared one mount model between 3 races at one point where as the horde all got their own separate unique mount (wether it was a recolour or not is irrelevant) with each race added.

I'm not going to keep arguing the point but as someone who's played both sides of the fence since vanilla there has always been a slight bias towards the horde in terms of mounts and "cool stuff" in general. Maybe now more new blood is around at blizz that might change more but that's how I feel about it.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:16 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Nah, Castile. Just three recolors of a MoP mount and three horses with armor ripped straight from older mounts.
Because somethingsomething that's the Alliance thematic.

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:20 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Shadow Council
I have also played both sides since Vanilla, and I have not seen a bias. There have been times when one side got a little bit more, but I never viewed that as bias. It's true that Alliance Paladins shared the same mount, but that changed with Cata. The Draenei got their unique mount in the same patch that Tauren did.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:21 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Qraljar wrote:
Nah, Castile. Just three recolors of a MoP mount and three horses with armor ripped straight from older mounts.

Why does the armor even matter? The rest of the mount itself is a brand new model. And at least the Alliance is getting additional recolors of their trademark flying mount, whereas the Horde isn't.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:40 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Qraljar wrote:

Yeah ikr! I wouldn't exactly call the horses new either as they are basically recoloured highlord's chargers. So very lazy I think.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:53 pm 

I remember when this thread was about new upcoming mounts, those where the days ;P

Cow's art thread!

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:57 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:
I remember when this thread was about new upcoming mounts, those where the days ;P

:lol: ikr?

Unread postPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Ner'zhul (US)
There's typically some sort of faction parity for mounts. But if there is in BfA, we haven't seen it yet. While the grand gryphon is a cool model, and getting recolors of it is appreciated, it doesn't match what we know the horde is getting so far. There's still recolors of the bloodfeaster and hyena mounts. Maybe there will be ways for alliance to get those. Maybe not.
It still would leave alliance with recolors and horde with an awesome pterrordax mount.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:59 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Argent Dawn (EU-Eng) Kirin Tor (EU-fr)
... I'd like to have one of those horse model on my Horde character. After all, the Alliance got some wolves in WoD and at least I could use a horse in RP. That thing blood tick? When will I ever use that? (Never)

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:26 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:
Qraljar wrote:

Why does the armor even matter? The rest of the mount itself is a brand new model. And at least the Alliance is getting additional recolors of their trademark flying mount, whereas the Horde isn't.

Because it's just a new horse model. It's not a model made especially for the mounts, it's one made for the sake of having a new horse model. From it, we already got the Seabraid Stallion. And the Worgen lvl 20 and 40 mounts are going to be updated to use the new models, too.
So that makes these mounts the lvl 20 and 40 Worgen mounts with scraps of armor from the Felsaber mount and the Storm Drake mount from Cataclysm.

Whereas the Horde gets:

One new blood tick model with a never before used (for mounts) skeleton and a unique saddle
One new hyena model with a unique saddle and armor. A never before used model for mounts
One new pterodactyl model with unique saddle and armor. With multiple colors coming from a single rep source.

When you consider that if you list the Alliance mounts here, it's:

3 quick recolors of a gryphon mount from Mists of Pandaria and 3 horses with armor and saddle torn from a mount from Legion and a mount from Cataclysm spread across 3 different reputations as if it were Warlords of Draenor again.

I'm not saying you can't like having more gryphons or more horse options if you're a roleplayer, but let's look at it objectively for a second, please.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:12 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Again, the armor doesn't really matter. They are new model and that is something, from what I've read, many Alliance players are happy about.

You'd have a point about the Hyenas and Blood Ticks if the Horde were getting all of them. There are still three Blood Tick mounts that, most likely, can be acquired by both. There are two more hyena mounts that will most likely be neutral, as well. Pterrodaxes going Horde make the most sense. In the end, the Alliance gets the most out of this since both the Gryphons and Horses belong entirely to them. Most likely they'll also get access to the other hyena and blood ticks. That makes the pterrodaxes the only entirely unique mount for the Horde.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:25 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Ner'zhul (US)
Valnaaros wrote:
Again, the armor doesn't really matter. They are new model and that is something, from what I've read, many Alliance players are happy about.

You'd have a point about the Hyenas and Blood Ticks if the Horde were getting all of them. There are still three Blood Tick mounts that, most likely, can be acquired by both. There are two more hyena mounts that will most likely be neutral, as well. Pterrodaxes going Horde make the most sense. In the end, the Alliance gets the most out of this since both the Gryphons and Horses belong entirely to them. Most likely they'll also get access to the other hyena and blood ticks. That makes the pterrodaxes the only entirely unique mount for the Horde.

And wyvern/windriders. If you're going to mention Gryphons being entirely alliance, then you can't omit that Windriders are entirely Horde. Gryphons which are dwarven mounts, being rewarded by human factions.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:41 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:

This is entirely an assumption on your part.
There are plenty of mount colorations that go unused and rot in the database forever. Just because they exist doesn't mean to say that they will actually be available, let alone available for the Alliance as well.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:03 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Sure, it is an assumption, but one that isn't far fetched. We don't have the rewards for the BfA Dungeon and Raid Glory metas, and they could easily put a Hyena or Blood Tick into them. They could also add them as drops from Dungeons, which they have already done with a few mounts. Every build implements new mounts.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:17 pm 

Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.
Regardless if alliance has to jump through hoops to get a hyena or a blood tick and horde just get one from buying with an exalted rep, that's still shit.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:34 pm 

Inay wrote:
... I'd like to have one of those horse model on my Horde character. After all, the Alliance got some wolves in WoD and at least I could use a horse in RP. That thing blood tick? When will I ever use that? (Never)

That's true. I'd love a non undead horse to use on my Horde characters.

Cow's art thread!

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:36 pm 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
cowmuflage wrote:
Inay wrote:

We can get the Argent Warhorse at the least.

avatar & signature artwork by studiofruke

Unread postPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:44 pm 

Vephriel wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
Inay wrote:

We can get the Argent Warhorse at the least.

Oh I forgot about that!

Cow's art thread!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next