WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:03 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Proudmoore
They added a dialogue option to the leader of the Thornspeakers (Kul'Tiran Druids) for Alliance Hunters, which explains why we aren't getting the Kul'Tiran Druid forms as tameable pets:

Quote:
I have seen some animals that look like they are part plant. Can you tell me about them?

I suppose you're seeking a new pet?
<Ulfar scoffs>
The magic of this place is deep and profound. It has come to inhabit some of the animals of the region. They are powerful manifestations of nature to be respected.

Essentially, we can't tame them because they're manifestations of nature, rather than beasts.

I'm a little iffy on the explanation, but at least we got one?

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Shadow Council
Neat! I'm surprised that they gave an explanation, but it is appreciated and understandable.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:29 pm 

That is an unexpected nicety that I really appreciate! I'll still miss Abbie the Perfectly Normal Bear, but, I knew it wasn't meant to be from the start.

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Ner'zhul (US)
So they're like beasts that are spirits of nature. Maybe it's a breadcrumb to tame one as a spirit beast. Maybe not, but I'd keep my eyes open for unusual npc emotes or item drops.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:31 pm 

If that were so, then they would still be listed as tamable, but would have some sort of requirement to actually do so.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:
If that were so, then they would still be listed as tamable, but would have some sort of requirement to actually do so.

If it were so, it would be an as-of-yet undiscovered secret, and unless you're a dev, please don't presume to know that something isn't a secret.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:48 am 

I'm not presuming anything, it's how the game works. They would still be listed as tamable, but like any family that has required something special to be tamable (Mechanical, Feathermanes, Dire Horns, etc) it won't let you tame them until you actually have whatever is necessary. If you Beast Lore them, they would still say tamable, but when you tried to tame them, it wouldn't work and something would pop-up alluding to what you needed to tame them. So unless Blizz has changed how such things work, which I doubt (seeing as the taming pass itself was never completed), I doubt that they are secretly tamable. If so, great, but I have my own personal doubts.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:45 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

You're presuming that it's not a specially spawned / phased mob that is tamed, for starters. Whatever.

You're presuming I don't know how Beast Lore works. You're presuming that the solution to a secret would be spelled out in a Beast Lore. Naysay all you want, I'm going to keep having fun looking.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:07 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn
Wouldn't there be something in the dataming that hinted at a creature being spawned/phased in if that was the case? I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't that how people figured out Gara could be tamed? They looked at datamined items and connected the dots from there. So if there was a hint that they could be tamed, that would be the first place to look, and if something was in there, wouldn't it have already been found?

I'm just guessing, mind you. I don't read datamined info at all, but I bet there's at least a few users here who read it like it's the WoW version of the local newspaper :lol:

Art by TunfischhaiTumblr Flight Rising

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:16 am 

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Yeah the fortunate/unfortunate thing about datamining is that it's impossible for things to remain a secret these days. I think that would be an awesome idea for a hidden pet actually and I love the concept, but if there were any secret way of getting them we would have seen evidence of it in the files already (still, maybe they'll do something like that in a later patch and it isn't implemented yet, we know there's already so many things left unfinished from the last taming pass)

• Flight Rising lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:25 pm 

Precisely. If there was anything, it would've been known by now. The Secret Finders keep an eye out for these sort of things and if there was anything to go off of, it would be one of their main secrets that they would be figuring out right now.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:29 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Where are Woodland Brambleback spawned? And it's not like the devs aren't aware that datamining exists. "Datamining so no hidden secrets" is not a convincing argument when there's been secrets that have taken several years to be discovered.

Anyways, thanks everyone for trying to ruin my fun.

Last edited by Xota on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:35 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Moon Guard
I don't think any one is trying to 'ruin your fun'. I think they are just starting facts.

Siggy under construction!

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:58 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn
Yeah, as Bowno said, no one is trying to ruin your fun, it's just a fair counterpoint to the points you're bringing up. No one is saying that they'll never be tameable or anything (because, come on, who wouldn't want those bears as pets? Or even the wild variants of the other Kul'tiran forms at that?), so apologies if that's what it's coming across as, it is just a valid argument, is all :)

Art by TunfischhaiTumblr Flight Rising

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17