Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

New glyphs for Druids that will allow them to make their aquatic form into a dolphin, and make their flight form into the base unarmored version.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There might be a new Brawl called the Battle for Blackrock, which is based on how, back in vanilla, Blackrock Mountain was a hotspot for world pvp prior to BGs and Arenas being implemented.

Blizz might be making faction-only dungeons. With today's build, Tol Dagor is listed as an Alliance dungeon, and the Motherlode is listed as a Horde dungeon. None of the other dungeons have these tags on them.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Hopefully they will separate those glyphs.
As it is now, Druids can only have ONE glyph for all of their travel forms.
That means, you can't glyph for Cheetah AND Owl!
You can't glyph for Doe and Orca.
Those are just examples. But pretty much everything that falls under that travel form button is all linked glyph wise :l Another reason I'm bitter about merging all those forms into one button. :c

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I know that pain, Bowno. One of my main alts is a Druid and it is frustrating, to say the least, that I can only use one glyph. Hopefully Blizz will finally change that.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

It looks like there will be spells for aquatic and flight again. It's under druid -> general. And if you look at glyph of the sentinel, it will only be exclusive with other flight form glyphs, not all travel glyphs.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Here is a list of all Hunter abilities being added to the GCD. Disengage has been removed from the GCD.

Beast Mastery

Bestial Wrath 1.5s
Intimidation 1.5s
Aspect of the Wild 1.3s
Stampede 1.5s

Marksman

Hunter's Mark 1.5s
Trueshot 1.5s

Survival

Harpoon 0.5s
Intimidation 1.5s
Coordinated Assault 1.5s
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:New glyphs for Druids that will allow them to make their aquatic form into a dolphin, and make their flight form into the base unarmored version.
By base unarmoured version do you mean the original crow before the quest line epic one waaaaaaaaaaay back in BC? cause that's massive! :o

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yep! Due to how it currently works with mount training and how easily one can get gold, the original/base crows and bat are largely skipped over, but the wording of this new glyph suggests that you can make your flight form into the original form :)
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:Yep! Due to how it currently works with mount training and how easily one can get gold, the original/base crows and bat are largely skipped over, but the wording of this new glyph suggests that you can make your flight form into the original form :)
That is very cool. As much as I adore Boxowl...

Shadowlands

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Battle for Azeroth Pre-Xpac Patch will be on the ptr soon, which is typically a sign that things are getting somewhat close to completion.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I don't think Blizzard realizes how annoying this is going to be.
So when you change specs your weapon changes back to its original look, so I can't use my MM bow looks for BM or vise versa. :| Also wiping the look when you change specs is a good way to make ppl not want to use those looks because they raid in MM and quest/dungeon in BM :| :mrgreen:

EDIT: My bad it doesn't wipe the look it changes it between what you had in MM and BM, it just doesn't update till you leave the Transmoger. Still, I really want to use my Tower MM flower bow in the spec Im going to be maining.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Muffinus confirmed that, once you complete the Island Expedition unlock quest on 115, they will automatically be unlocked for all alts between 110-120 :)
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

I can't find what Muffins said, I don't care about unlocking the looks for alts, I care that my main can use any look in any spec. Getting the flower bow in MM only matters to me if I can use it in BM. :| :mrgreen:

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Rawr wrote:I can't find what Muffins said, I don't care about unlocking the looks for alts, I care that my main can use any look in any spec. Getting the flower bow in MM only matters to me if I can use it in BM. :| :mrgreen:
Unfortunately, according to one of the community managers posting on the EU forums stated that

"As it stands, the current line of thinking is that artifact appearances will remain spec-specific for transmogrification."

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 656#post-5

Which seemed to upset many people, myself included, and as far as I know all we can do is still provide feedback. I can see why they would want to keep it class-locked when it comes to transmog and artifact appearances, but not spec-locked.

I don't believe this has changed on the Beta, but I haven't tried transmogging since Alpha. And when I did it on Alpha, I saw some very weird issues pop up (such as my Feral Druid was able to transmog to using Talonclaw the SV artifact). So I'm wondering if its still something in the works or if they're still sticking to their original plan.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I read a Reddit post about someone trying to xmog Artifacts for different specs, and I believe they tried it on a Hunter. When they xmogged their weapon into Titanstrike whilst in BM, then switched over to MM, the appearance was stripped. However, when they switched back to BM, their weapon turned back into Titanstrike.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Rikaku wrote:
Rawr wrote:I can't find what Muffins said, I don't care about unlocking the looks for alts, I care that my main can use any look in any spec. Getting the flower bow in MM only matters to me if I can use it in BM. :| :mrgreen:
Unfortunately, according to one of the community managers posting on the EU forums stated that

"As it stands, the current line of thinking is that artifact appearances will remain spec-specific for transmogrification."

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 656#post-5

Which seemed to upset many people, myself included, and as far as I know all we can do is still provide feedback. I can see why they would want to keep it class-locked when it comes to transmog and artifact appearances, but not spec-locked.

I don't believe this has changed on the Beta, but I haven't tried transmogging since Alpha. And when I did it on Alpha, I saw some very weird issues pop up (such as my Feral Druid was able to transmog to using Talonclaw the SV artifact). So I'm wondering if its still something in the works or if they're still sticking to their original plan.
Blarb :| :mrgreen:

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:I read a Reddit post about someone trying to xmog Artifacts for different specs, and I believe they tried it on a Hunter. When they xmogged their weapon into Titanstrike whilst in BM, then switched over to MM, the appearance was stripped. However, when they switched back to BM, their weapon turned back into Titanstrike.
I can confirm that's how it's currently working. I popped into the tmog vendor on Beta to double check.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

This Dark Iron shield is amazing!

Beautiful shield for Liadrin

Her sword

Pig man mask :lol:

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Rikaku wrote:
Well kinda glad I didn't bother with the MM mage tower one as I'll never use it then...

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There are new, high quality earth elementals coming. The skins are in the database, but not the model file, which is probably why the major sites haven't reported it yet. Most of the colour names seem to match those of the very original model (the cute little guys that run hither and thither in old zones), so I'm guessing it'll be used to replace that model. If so, it's possible that the minipets will also be updated.

Consistent with other updates, the skins that were originally crystalline in appearance (purple, white and orange) are now more matte rock textures - that is, unless I'm mistaken and the artists are going to be adding crystalline ones as well as rock ones. The skins look nice, anyway, and I can't wait to see the model.

Examples:

Attachments
elementalearth2_black.jpg
elementalearth2_black.jpg (324.85 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
elementalearth2_purple.jpg
elementalearth2_purple.jpg (359.3 KiB) Viewed 2500 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.