Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Apparently, the order hall ability that allows some classes to auto complete a WQ will be removed tomorow. The item that you make for it will be greyed out and the ability will be replaced by something else.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Rikaku wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Is a bm hunter spec without a second pet weaker? Hubby always complains on how irritating he finds it to be forced to have two pets.
From what Bendak has posted on his BM Guide, actually the BM spec with 2 pets is weaker. The other 2 talents on that tier beat out Animal Companion.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/beast-mas ... -pre-patch

But when I read the Talent and Sim portions of the guide, it didn't seem like Animal Companion was too far off, so it may still be viable for some who don't care (or aren't Mythic Raiders racing against the world lol).
Thanks! Hubby will be pleased that he can get back to one pet :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:Apparently, the order hall ability that allows some classes to auto complete a WQ will be removed tomorow. The item that you make for it will be greyed out and the ability will be replaced by something else.
Dang, I didn't know about that. That is really disappointing. I have like, 5 characters that can use that and it was super nice.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Rikaku wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:Is a bm hunter spec without a second pet weaker? Hubby always complains on how irritating he finds it to be forced to have two pets.
From what Bendak has posted on his BM Guide, actually the BM spec with 2 pets is weaker. The other 2 talents on that tier beat out Animal Companion.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/beast-mas ... -pre-patch

But when I read the Talent and Sim portions of the guide, it didn't seem like Animal Companion was too far off, so it may still be viable for some who don't care (or aren't Mythic Raiders racing against the world lol).
It may scale better later, but as it stands, the Animal Companion talent is basically for show.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:
Rikaku wrote:But when I read the Talent and Sim portions of the guide, it didn't seem like Animal Companion was too far off, so it may still be viable for some who don't care (or aren't Mythic Raiders racing against the world lol).
It may scale better later, but as it stands, the Animal Companion talent is basically for show.
Icy Veins disagrees. The BM guide, done by by Azortharion, says:
"Animal Companion does almost the same single-target DPS as Killer Instinct and is a totally viable choice. We prefer Killer Instinct because it does not rely on any additional pet AI."
"Dire Beast also provides nearly identical single-target damage to Killer Instinct and is a viable choice, but we prefer Killer Instinct because it is passive."
According to them everything on the 1st tier does nearly the same damage, so I would just go with what you want on that tier. :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

For the time being. That will most likely change once raid and mythic+ gear comes into play.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

oki dokie.. hubby tried logging in this morning only to be told that his drivers is not compatible.. HELP ? the site it directed us to is no help for non tech savvy ppl like us. I dont even know where the video drivers IS on windows 10..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I got that message too. I'm not exactly tech savvy either, but I just followed the directions on the Blizzard site and it worked out. Mine is Nvidia, which has a little thingie that will scan your computer, then tell you what you need, and guide you through installation, so if yours is that, it won't be too bad. I would guess alot of companies have similar widgets. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

the thing on blizzards site made no sense to us sadly.... I cannot find the place to toggle the upgrade.. there is nothing calle Device Manager (Enhedshåndtering is the Danish term) on my computer

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Do you use Nvidia or AMD? You need to download their driver update program from their website.

Blizzard is stupid and decided that "OPTIONAL" beta updates would be required for WoW. So most people got hit with the update warning. You have to download it and install the optional update.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I figured out how to update. They should decide to have a click this then this guide on their site. .

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

Posting myself this time..

In the video they had before the prepatch it said that there would be a series of quest leading up to the expantion.. where do you start the questlinie?? I cant see it

Sne is Danish for Snow

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Not sure if you're thinking of the Silithus quests, which were sort of a lead-up, and you would have gotten automatically, or if you're thinking of the Burning of Teldrassil/Battle for Undercity stuff. If it's the latter, that won't start until next week.
Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

I buffed my main char to 110 I never did a single quests.. I thought the prepatch brought on some special questlinie.. Do I really have to do other quests to get those? Thats sad.. I dont even know what the Silithus Quests is...

Sne is Danish for Snow

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The pre patch questline won't be avilable until next week.
Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

thank you

Sne is Danish for Snow

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help :)
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Iceflight wrote:I buffed my main char to 110 I never did a single quests.. I thought the prepatch brought on some special questlinie.. Do I really have to do other quests to get those? Thats sad.. I dont even know what the Silithus Quests is...
Like Valnaaros and I both said, the Burning of Teldrassil/Battle for Lordaeron doesn't start till next week (that and the "prepatch event" are the same thing, btw) and that seems to have answered your question? I don't think that you'll have to have completed any other quests to start the events.

And the Silithus stuff, honestly not sure if you need to worry about that. It was just a bit of questing regarding the final events of Legion, and at one point buffed your artifact. But the artifacts are dead now, so who knows what it does? I already did the Silithus quests on my characters, so I don't if they're still offered, but I wouldn't worry about it. Story-wise, it goes basically: at the end of the Burning Throne raid, Sargeras stabs the planet right in the ol' Silithus with his giant Titan sword, causing Azeroth herself to be injured, after which King Anduin Wyrnn gives a speech about those who sacrificed to defeat the Legion, Mathias Shaw and Genn act a little shady and tell Anduin about this new thing in Silithus that they found, called azerite, which is crystallized blood of Azeroth the world soul and immensely powerful, you the hero are sent there to check this out, you kill some goblins and take their things, you kill some silithids and take their brains, you go deal with some Twilight Cultists who are STILL hanging around, you take a letter to Magni and Khadgar, you go back to Magni, then up to a gunship hovering near the eye of Sargeras' sword, you and the other champions of their orders raise their weapons to siphon the dark energies off the sword, your weapon gets super-op and then burns out. If you want to see the cutscenes of Anduin's speech, or the Horde equivalent, or of the champions draining the sword, I am certain youtube will have that available :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Not sure if this belongs here but it's a prepatch issue.
I can't get tomtom to work. . I downloaded the latest issue and it's in my addons list but typisk /way cords just gets me a "unvalid command. Type /help". .. anyone else with the issue? I can acces the add on by typisk g /tomtom but the waypoints don't work. ..

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »