Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

New Hunter Ability

Command Pet (New) Commands your pet to perform its unique ability. This ability will transform based on the specialization of your active pet. Ferocity: Primal Rage. Tenacity: Survival of the Fittest. Cunning: Master's Call. Instant.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

For alliance, to get to other continents:
Outland: Portal in Stormwind's magetower.
Northrend: Probably Menethil Harbor is fastest. Stormwind harbor initially phased. You may have to do the cataclysm quest at the north docks, which skips the RP event porting you strait to Vashjr. Harbor still phased to initial Legion state (see below).
Pandaria: Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth in Stormwind Keep starts the quest. You can skip the cinematic. After you turn in the quest to Rell, the portal under the hot air balloon is active.
Draenor: The trick to go from Timeless Isle (Pandaria) to Gorgrond still works. Swim to the cave under the gulp frogs, sit in a chair and click the fire.
Broken Isles: Recruiter Lee in the South part of the Harbor area starts a quest. You do have to do the starting scenario (pilot an unattended canon during the demonic city part, to clear it quickly). I didn't actually get the scenario done, it glitched after krosus was killed and all the npcs stopped moving. I helped the horde side with a ranged attack. I also ran up the bridge as soon as it spawned. I don't know if either of those was the culprit. I was about 15-20 minutes into the scenario. So no luck so far.

If there are faster ways, please say so.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The fastest way for all of them would be to find a Mage. All that I have ever spoken to are more than happy to give a port.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I wish I knew about that Draenor trick, wow!

To me, the fastest way to most is New Dal since you access to everything except Draenor (to my knowledge anyway). I didn't have to do the scenario since the NPC gives the option to skip it and port you straight to new Dal, and you can reach that NPC in SW or Org within like 2 minutes of starting a new character. Its super handy! I get my Dal Hearthstone then set my regular Hearthstone to Pandaria Shrine. I think you have to go through the full Draenor scenario to unlock the Garrison and get that Hearthstone though, at least I had to.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

The mage I talked to said they only had IF/SW, I just rolled a mage and it only had SW. And sometimes you can't find a mage.
I didn't have the option to skip the scenario, I must not have done it on a test server pre-legion.
Last edited by Xota on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The skip option isn't available to everyone. It wasn't for me and I know that it wasn't for others. If you can take it then it is the fastest option. Otherwise, a mage can port you to new Dalaran and you can set a hearth there.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Xota wrote:The mage I talked to said they only had IF/SW. And sometimes you can't find a mage. I didn't have the option to skip the scenario, I must not have done it on a test server pre-legion.
That is because they didn't train for other portals. They just need to port to SW and learn them from the trainer.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh wow, I assumed they would just flag these test characters as completing it. I would also assume they would equip them with all the hearthstones to begin with, but that obviously didnt happen!

That mage probably didn't realize he could go to the portal trainer and learn the other ports and portals (another thing I don't know why they dont start with).
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

Let me rephrase my original request, because I think a very important point was missed.

If there are faster ways, please say so. Faster than hoping there's a mage in town, that has the portals learned, and is willing to help. Because obviously "find a mage" "get a warlock to summon you" a la trade chat answers.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Then no, there isn't a faster way to my knowledge.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Rexxar is finally getting an updated model

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Did they move him back to BM too? :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

:lol: In all seriousness, he seems to be both Surv and BM (in lore). Blizz mentioned in an interview after Blizzcon that lore characters can be multiple specs. They just made Rexxar Surv since he is melee.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

But he throws his axes, he is both melee and ranged. He was only labeled as Srvl in Legion, before that he was BM. I'm really hating this "change the lore we've had forever just so we can make something fit now" BS. Changing the foundation of building is a good way to watch it crumble. :| :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It's not really changing anything. He is both Surv and BM. Has aspects of both plus some unique additions (throwing axes).
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

No, in BC he was specifically described as BM, he just didn't have a ranged weapon. That was something BM Hunters could do back in the day, be just melee (yeah I know you couldn't raid with it but you couldn't raid as a Panzerkin either, didn't make it any less fun or doable for 5 mans and leveling). He was described as the best Beastmaster, and most images of beastmasters are of Rexxar (also on that note most of the older drawings/paintings of beastmasters are of them holding melee weapons). :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, and Anduin is called a Priest but he uses a sword for melee. Thrall uses the Elements like an Elemental Shaman but he also used Doomhammer for melee. Rexxar has always been called a Beastmaster, but he has always had aspects of Surv. He was even described as a warrior at one point. Besides, game mechanics do not necessarily equal lore.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Anduin didn't always have a sword, Ele shamans could always use hammers/maces, Rexxar was never referred to as Srvl until after Hunters had their stat sticks removed.
Old Anduin had a staff/wand. Like I said I'm tired of the changing lore BS that keeps happening. :| :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

True, he didn't always, but that isn't the point. He has a sword now and is still considered a Priest, but he has melee capabilities that normal Priests do not have. He is also wearing heavy armor. During an interview at Blizzcon, a question was asked if Anduin was now a Paladin. Blizz stated that he is still a Priest but has aspects that most Priests do not have.

Elemental could always use maces, but never caparable in skill to that of Enhancement. Thrall, however, had skilled melee capabilities. Does that make him Enhancement? No, he is still primarily Elemental but has some aspects of Enhancement.

I'm aware that he was never called Surv, but that is not the point. The point is that he has always had aspects of Surv (which, back in Vanilla, had talents that boosted melee damage) whilst also having aspects of BM. That isn't a retcon.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Not your point, but it's mine. The lore is changed, that is my point. Something was reworded or moved around so that it makes sense for them to fit it into a hole they made recently. I'm just really, really tiered of it. I'm not even sure what you are defending. Anyone can see they changed things to fit now, we just had another forum post about how Silv was under orders from Garrosh to attack the Gineians, then the new novel changes that piece of story to she alone wanted to do it. They keep changing the past instead of building off of what they have. And as someone who used to main a shaman, Ele could always use Enh skills, till they removed that ability, you know when they hard lined every spec so you could only use your spec's skills (or shared skills). With BM/melee you had to be a Beastmaster (i.e. you had to have the Beast Mastery skill) that ment going down the tree (remember those) then getting a few points in Srvl, you couldn't do it the other way around. Back then Srvl was mostly ranged, sure it had a few skills that were melee but no one went down the Srvl tree to be melee, you had to be BM mainly.

I have nothing really more to say on this topic, the lore is being changed that cannot be denied and it makes me upset that it's happening. :| :mrgreen: