Battle for Azeroth Story Thread (Spoilers within)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Battle for Azeroth Story Thread (Spoilers within)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Well I can never keep track of which universe we're in, so :)
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

The moral of the story is no matter the universe, the Eredar in all their incarnations are evil :)

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

New dialogue was added in today's ptr build that shows growing divisions amongst the Horde after Baine and Zelling are arrested by Sylvanas for saving Derek Proudmoore.

Gallywix: "Well, I didn't see that comin'!

Wish I'd known things were gonna heat up this much. I coulda charged DOUBLE for admission!"

Lor'themar Theron: "I cannot fault Baine's heart, even if his actions were drastic. Through this act of defiance, he exposed a schism in the Horde that has been growing since the attack on Teldrassil.

I fear that by openly opposing Sylvanas, he may have put his own people at risk. As mine would be, were I to side with him.

These are perilous times. We must be cautious... and deliberate."

Rohkan: "Dis be some bad juju, mon. Da Horde gotta stick together if we gonna win dis war... but Sylvanas... she not be makin' dat easy.

And dis just gonna throw more fuel on da fire."

Talanji: "Without de Horde beside us, my people would now be at de mercy of de Alliance. We owe much to de warchief... but we will not follow her blindly.

Baine Bloodhoof has shown honor and respect to de Zandalari. He must be given a chance to face his accusers and answer for dis supposed crime."

Overlord Geyarah: "She is no orc, but the warchief shows strength by punishing that tauren who deceived and betrayed her.

Those who lack loyalty also lack honor."

Thalyssra: "Our rebellion against Elisande was just, and it earned me a blade in the back. I pray Baine does not meet a similar fate.

The nightborne are still new to the Horde. Perhaps I should seek Lor'themar's council. He understands what my people have endured, and I have learned much through our conversations."

Mayla Highmountain: "Is this what the Horde stands for? Imprisoning those who act with compassion and honor?

Perhaps my people should have never left Highmountain..."

Rexxar: "There are others who must hear of this, $n.

And they will."

Garona: "You see what happened to Baine? To Zelling? That's why we need to lay low, keep our heads down, follow the warchief's lead. At least for now.

Baine's mistake wasn't acting against Sylvanas. His mistake was acting too soon."

Eitrigg: "Years ago, Tirion Fordring sacrificed everything to spare my life as a matter of honor. Baine has done much the same. Are we now to punish him for it?

I fear the Horde is becoming what we once hated, $c. And I do not like it."

Lilian Voss: "Thomas Zelling has... had... a family in life. He made me promise to keep them safe, even after they called him a monster and shunned him for being undead. It is a promise I will continue to keep.

If they ever ask how he met his fate, I will tell them that he died a hero.

We Forsaken are raised with free will. That's what separates us from the Scourge. Sylvanas Windrunner used to take pride in that distinction.

But after all I have seen in this war, I must wonder if that still holds true."
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The cinematic for Baine and Sylvanas has been posted on Wowhead. Sylvanas confronts the Horde leaders and the Horde PC concerning Derek Proudmoore's escape. She first suspects Zelling and has Nathanos draw an arrow on him, but Baine steps forward and says that he was the one that freed Derek and brought him to his family. Sylvanas thanks Baine for his honesty, then has Nathanos killing Zelling anyways. Baine is then arrested and taken away.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

According to the data mined scenarios and broadcast text, Baine will be freed by Jaina and Thrall. There are theee separate scenarios depending on whether you are Alliance, loyal to Saurfang, or loyal to Sylvanas. But it appears that Baine is freed and escapes in all three of them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ysera's spirit has gone missing from the Emerald Dream. The Green Dragonflight has also been neglecting their duty ever since she died.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Some interesting dialogue datamined on Mmo-champion:

Jaina: For all her lies, Priscilla Ashvane spoke one truth. The war between the Alliance and Horde has kept us distracted. Divided, we have no hope against N’Zoth.

Lor’Themar: We may have found common cause here in Nazjatar, but the battle still rages beyond these waters. So long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there can be no lasting peace.

Jaina: The war needs to end, Lor’themar. You know this to be true.

Lor’Themar: I had hoped that reason would prevail. But the time has come to finish this.

Lor’Themar: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.

Lor’Themar: Then I will take my place beside Saurfang and Thrall, and pray that the sin’dorei stand with me.

Another dialogue was datamined just prior to the Ashvane encounter and immediately after:

Unknown_Female: We had a deal, Azshara! Give me the power you promised!

Unknown_Female: Oh, I intend to. I merely wanted our guests to bear witness to your glorious ascension.

Unknown_Female: No! Not like this! What are you doing to me?!

Unknown_Female: You asked to be powerful, Priscilla. Consider our bargain complete.

Unknown_Female: Puppets… fools. The Banshee baited you… to your own slaughter.

Unknown_Female: Gave Azshara… what she wanted. N’Zoth will rise… his madness… comes…

Unknown_Female: Ashvane spoke with a serpent’s tongue, but… could she be right? Were we lured to Nazjatar as part of some dark bargain?

Dialogue between Azshara and two-three others, with one of them being Thalyssra:

Unknown_Female: Thalyssra. So the Horde sends its sorceress to plunder the treasures of Zin-Azshari–and seize the Tidestone for your warchief, no doubt.

Unknown_Female: Would you entrust it to Tyrande? Perhaps she needs it to invoke yet another forbidden ritual.

Unknown_Female: It breaks a queen’s heart to watch her subjects squabble. Such a futile argument. In the end, you will all be mine again–one way or another.

Unknown_Female: Though our kingdoms stand divided, we share contempt for you, Azshara.

Unknown_Female: You see? We have found common ground already. Dear children, it is only a matter of time until you kneel before my throne. As a willing subject… or a broken corpse.

Unknown_Female: So long as Azshara controls the Tidestone, she has the advantage over us.

Unknown_Female: Its power should be turned against her–not against each other.

Unknown_Female: Agreed. Perhaps these ruins hold the key to striking down our common foe.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Some interesting lore revealed is that Snapdragons used to be wolves prior to Azshara (during the War of the Ancients) having a professor turn them into what they are today.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I have done the free Bain questline and the kill Azhara questline. .nothing new has popped. .Do I need more factions up to get more - or is there no more story lines at this point?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is nothing else at this point.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ahh ok. Thank you! Then Im up to speed :). Do we have any eta on a new story linie?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nothing atm. There hasn’t been any continuation to the story in the 8.2.5 ptr yet.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Wowhead finally posted something unrelated to Classic: the War Campaign will end in 8.2.5! Can't wait to finally finish this absurdly long wait.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm guessing they need to end it in 8.2.5 because any 9.0 announcements at Blizzcon would otherwise spoil the ending. I guess 8.3 (if there is one) will feed into the 9.0 story.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

So new expansion or just another patch. . Interesting!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They announced Cata before the patch for ICC was released, let alone fully tested, so they could possibly still do an 8.3.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Tomorrow should be patchwork 8.2.5. . And must admit, Im a little bit excited. .

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm certainly curious how the story ends, anyway!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Well, it definitely...ended. Rather underwhelming to be honest. No spoilers, but the only good thing was the art direction for the cinematics. Quests were absurdly short, story even shorter, and let's just say that siding with the MORALLY GREY was objectively the incorrect choice. How the mighty (writers) have fallen. It wasn't satisfying from a writing perspective, but at least Blizzard still knows how to make good cinematics.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I will say at least it was between Horde characters which was good.