Battle for Azeroth Story Thread (Spoilers within)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Story Thread (Spoilers within)

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Likewise. It's interesting that Sylvanas didn't send them to rescue him, despite her knowing that he was there.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Burning of Teldrassil skybox

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Broadcast text was datamined that involves the Mag'har joining the Horde.

Eitrigg suggests to the player

"$n, I believe you love the Horde as I do. But unless we act, I fear it will not survive this war.
A... mutual friend has suggested it is time we collect on an old debt. In so doing, we could add loyal soldiers to the Horde's ranks.
Our warchief will need convincing. For this, I need your help. Come."

Back
News...
Recent News
View All »
7h
Broadcast Text for 26287 - Uldir Raid Dialogue (Spoilers)
8h
Broadcast Text for 26287 - Burning of Teldrassil, Vol'jin's Story, Ruby Sanctum (Spoilers)
8h
Broadcast Text for 26287 - How the Mag'har Orcs Join the Horde
Beta
Broadcast Text for 26287 - How the Mag'har Orcs Join the Horde
posted 8 hr 58 min ago by perculia
Battle for Azeroth build 26287 added dialogue explaining how the Mag'har Orc Allied Race joins the Horde. Story spoilers.

This Allied Race comes from alternate-universe Draenor and is comprised of all the races from Warlords of Draenor working together. Learn more about the Mag'har Orc Allied Race:
Female Mag'har Orc Customization
Male Mag'har Orc Customization
Mag'har Orc Jokes and Flirts
Mag'har Orc Totems
Mag'har Orc Frostwolf and Blackrock Armor Tints
Gorgrond Map Speculation for Draenor Orcs
Reminder this is all alpha datamining and subject to change.

Eitrigg suggests to the player:
$n, I believe you love the Horde as I do. But unless we act, I fear it will not survive this war.
A... mutual friend has suggested it is time we collect on an old debt. In so doing, we could add loyal soldiers to the Horde's ranks.
Our warchief will need convincing. For this, I need your help. Come.

He then pleads his case to Sylvanas:

Eitrigg: Warchief, years ago, the Horde pursued the fugitive Garrosh Hellscream to an echo of the Draenor I once knew.
Eitrigg: In saving Draenor from Garrosh and the Burning Legion, this champion earned the trust of the orcs there. They owe the Horde a debt. I propose we collect what is owed to us.
Eitrigg: An army of militant orcs from another world? Trained soldiers... and expendable. Interesting... (note, we double checked the quote attribution, it goes to Eitrigg although perhaps that's an error.)
Sylvanas: The mag'har orcs are legendary for their battle prowess. I will have need of such fearless soldiers in the days ahead.
Sylvanas: What say you, $n? Are you prepared to purse a new ally?"

Sylvanas has us use the Bronze Dragons

I see the value in this plan. But I thought the door to that other Draenor had closed.
I have obtained a fragment of the artifact Garrosh used to travel to that world. I believe it can open the way again... but I will need the help of the dragons to do it.
Bronze dragons... I have little use for them. But no doubt our champion here has dealt with their kind before. I suggest you two depart for Tanaris.

We are ultimately successful. Grom Hellscream rules the united orc clans, but sends Overlord Geyarah as his voice on Azeroth.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Vol'jin's story continues in BfA. It looks like Zalazane escapes from Bwonsamdi and goes after Vol'jin'd ashes. When he finds him, it is implied that Vol'jin has become a Loa and thus very powerful.

Search, minions. Find the ashes of Vol'jin and bring them to me.
Crush da Darkspear and find me those ashes.
Where are you hiding him, Darkspear? Where is my old friend?
Where? Where are you hiding Vol'jin? How are you hiding him?
Minions! Slay their champion and bring me da ashes of Vol'jin. NOW!
You cannot hide him from me forever. I will have my revenge on Vol'jin and all of da Darkspear!
I have learned much by watching Bwonsamdi as he tortured my soul. Let me show you some of his style of voodoo.
You think you can win? You can only delay ya destiny.
You think destroyin' my body gonna stop me from ripping you apart?
What? Vol'jin... you could not have grown so strong without becoming... a...

Years ago, I trained Zalazane and Vol'jin to master their craft. I never would have guessed how their destinies would shake de world.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Broadcast text for the Burning of Teldrassil - Horde

These wisps are nothing but pests. Insects to crush between your fingers. Stifle their light one by one and soon the sky will fill with darkness.
That's exactly the kind of message I want to send to Malfurion. Excellent work.
Azerite has surfaced amongst the ruins of Darkshore. We must not allow the alliance to gather a single shred!
Very nice, champion. I will have it added to our reserves.
The Kaldorei bear pendants made of Moonstone. This gem is a power source to them -- let's see if we can't make it a power source for us instead. Gather their pendants by any means necessary.
I will have our enchanters infuse these with azerite immediately. Your contributions are appreciated.
The Kaldorei use moonwells to replenish their strength in battle. Gather as much moonwell essence as you'd like before you... render them unable to collect any more. Are we understood?
The moonwell essence is yours to keep, hero. Feel free to... liberate... the Kaldorei of any moonwells they may construct in the future.
Your efforts are needed elsewhere, champion. I have a team of goblins ready to scour for the rest.
My dark rangers could use your help, champion. Lend your aid to all that you may find!
Our largest ships always carry a tidesage to navigate through storms, withstand heavy seas, and put wind in their sails.
Thank you. They must have miscalculated their attacks. Surely they know to stay behind the vanguard...
One way or the other, we need their help now more than ever.
The weapons you have reclaimed will prove useful in our efforts. You have my thanks.
It sounds like there's shooting practice going on in the training area. I bet you could show the other cadets a thing or two about using a cannon.
Nice shooting, hero! I do feel bad for whoever is fetching those cannonballs though.
We have some wind riders available to us. Gather our explosives and wreak havoc on that wisp wall. One by one, we will send a message to Malfurion.
They're not nearly as resilient as they appear, are they champion? One by one, they fall.
The Alliance wishes to use siege weaponry against us? How admirable. Show them what a Horde Demolisher can do.
So the ancients want to come out and play, eh? Let us give them a rude awakening.
Imagine. To sleep for thousands of years only to awaken for this. Such a pity.
That night elf commander is testing my patience. Break her.
Poor thing, she barely got a chance to swing.
Our army outnumbers Malfurion's soldiers ten to one! We must push further in to Darkshore while we still have this advantage!
My faith in you was well-placed, soldier. Now, give some time for the rest of our army to catch up -- will you?
The Kaldorei are stronger at night. We must eliminate their threat before nightfall! Arm yourself and meet me in the fray!
We have stricken a significant blow to their reserves, hero. Well done.
Do not relent, hero! These elves are feral and would do you no such favor.
You must kill or be killed in times of war. There is nothing else to say.
The Alliance have begun to find the footholds we have established Darkshore! We must not lose ground! We must defend what progress we have made so far!
It is effort like yours that I wish to see in all of my soldiers, champion. You fight with such finesse and fervor.
The Kaldorei appear to have mustered reinforcements. This one should prove to be a challenge. Die well, hero. Never surrender.
I never doubted you for a second.

I have just received word that Saurfang has crested the mountains between Darkshore and Felwood. Meet him at Shatterspear Vale and ensure that his passage is secure.
You're the right tool for the job, champion.
Another commander. Boy was she ever in the wrong place at the wrong time. Dispatch her. We can't risk her gathering reinforcements.
Cut the rose before it can sprout thorns, I always say.
Orcs make a fine soldier but they eat as much as ten dark rangers. Bring a couple of chimaeras back to camp when you return, would you?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Broadcast text for the Burning of Teldrassil - Alliance

The trees of this great forest bend and break in agony as the Horde march deeper in to our lands. We must not allow them any further!
All things must be balanced in nature -- war and peace. Your actions today have given us the respite we will need to persevere.
The ancients have awoken in light of a new threat. Eliminate the horde presence from this place to set them back at ease.
The wisps you see before you, the spirits of our Kaldorei ancestors, are but a shell of who they once were. A wisp is not a remnant of one's consciouness, but instead the primal force of nature that binds us all in harmonious unity. Warm them with your touch, champion. They are frightened and disturbed. Give them peace.
When the wisps are at peace, the forest is at peace. You have my thanks.
The horde already has Azerite weapons. Let's see if we can't get some of them to relinquish them to us, shall we?
These will do just fine, hero. Your contribution today will not be overlooked.
The Horde has arrived in great numbers, and none of them are to be underestimated. This one in particular seems... resilient. Approach with care, hero.
The Horde have established a foothold beyond the borders of Ashenvale -- we must bring it down! Strike quickly!
Burn, baby... burn.
The Horde is trying to steal the essence from our moonwells! Do not allow their filth to desecrate our blessed springs!
Elune smiles upon you, hero. As do I.
It is time to fight fire with fire! We must rid the Horde of their demolishers and push them back to the desolate Barrens where they belong!
I must say... Nice aim, hero. My sentinels could learn a thing or two from you.
Horde saboteurs have crept in among our ranks! Flush them out! Make them bleed as we have!
Though they are immersed in water, those Azerite powderkegs are still quite dangerous. I want you to detonate them before they can float to the surface. Try to keep yourself in one piece, would you?
I sense a disturbance in the north. Could it be? Has the Horde begun to attack us from over the mountains? Investigate, quickly!
I will send as many soldiers as I can muster to this site. Hopefully they can fend it off -- we can't afford a war on two fronts.
The Horde waited until dawn to ambush us! Arm yourself and meet me in the fray!
My archers should be able to handle it from here. Your presence made all the difference, champion. You have my thanks.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is looking more and more like Sylvanas will be a villain this xpac. In Stormsong Valley, the main village there is being sacked by the Horde. Sylvanas has ordered the Horde to leave no survivors and for them all to be raised as new Forsaken.

There are various horrific acts that the Horde is commiting. Trolls are using cowering humans as target practice. They are impaling them against walls (whilst their children cry nearby). Mages are polymorphing humans into fish so that they asphyxiate. An adult led a line of children into a building to keep them safe, then got bombed.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Man, this is getting dark. Is it still rated T? :|

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is, though I'm sure Blizz is pushing it.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

It almost makes me re-think rolling Horde, even though I really like the Mag'har orcs. Hopefully they won't paint all Horde as evil.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I think taking data mined information out of context as proof of anything is a bad idea. I will hold my judgement for when all the information is out there. It would be a really bad way and frankly lazy way for blizz to go if they once again made the horde the obvious bad guys and screwed with our war chiefs yet again. frankly I am tired of loosing our leaders

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

It's pandaland all over again, Sylv is going to be controlled by an Old God by the end :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rawr on Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Rawr wrote:It's pandaland all over again, Sylv is going to be controlled by an Old God by then end :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Honestly that is EXACTLY my thoughts, they're not painting her as good AT ALL. She is doing bad stuff, but likely she's being controlled or something like that.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Wasnt pandaland also pushed as a ally vs. horde expac? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Syleye wrote:I think taking data mined information out of context as proof of anything is a bad idea. I will hold my judgement for when all the information is out there. It would be a really bad way and frankly lazy way for blizz to go if they once again made the horde the obvious bad guys and screwed with our war chiefs yet again. frankly I am tired of loosing our leaders

It isn't datamined info. The stuff that happens in Stormsong has actually been seen. I've seen it myself. The Story Forum on the official forums is constantly talking about it. The Alliance are happy that Sylvanas is being given even more evidence that she is evil (has been for a while), and the Horde are upset that this is looking like MoP 2.0. But like what Rawr said, N'zoth is probably manipulating things.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Sylvanas has always been out for herself (especially after Wrath). Her actions have never been for the Horde or for the Forsaken, but her own personal interests.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I disagree with your assessment of her character at this point. but the pro alliance views on here are over whelming so it's really not worth trying to have an open discussion about it. I stand by my statement that I will wait until the whole front end story is released not bits and pieces

Fixed my wording, may have been a little tweaked initially

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Syleye wrote:I disagree with your assessment of her character at this point. but the pro alliance views on here are over whelming so it's really not worth trying to have an open discussion about it. I stand by my statement that I will wait until the whole front end story is released not bits and pieces

Fixed my wording, may have been a little tweaked initially
Don't worry Syleye, I'm right there beside you and my Dark Queen. ;)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

It's also worth remembering that the Horde isn't made up of humans, and never have been- the whole point of them is that they're all sorts of different, widely varied races with severely different standards than humans. Darkspear trolls may be a more honorable, less bloodthirsty tribe than any of the others, but that doesn't make them lanky blue humans- while I'm not sure about using people as target practice, a level of what humans would consider savagery should be expected. They're trolls, and we have plenty of experience with other tribes and their blood drinking, sacrificing, endlessly aggressive ways- why would the Darkspear cast off all of what makes their culture what it is? Their culture is different, their norms are different, and that goes for the entirety of the Horde.

(The alliance are also made up of many different races with different beliefs, but in general their belief systems line up with each other/with humans FAR more than the Horde- they're a mixed group, always have been.)

I'm not saying this to defend what the Horde is being written into doing, nor am I trying to defend Blizzard's writing on this- it's no secret I don't always believe they can do justice to the pieces they set up. The Horde is a massively complicated group where I think ideally there would be a lot of compromise between the races, which we don't always see. But, regardless, it's good to remember that the Horde isn't a bunch of humans- and their moral codes aren't the same as ours.

...........more on topic, if blizzard makes the Horde the end boss again i'm gunna scream.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'd also just like to point out, the humans are using trolls and other Horde prisoners as target practice too, so...