Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ahhh! Female dark irons can have bald heads--now I'm excited! (Probably everyone else already knew that.)
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Well, at least we know the 4 main new races....
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

I make a mighty prediction:
Mag'har/Dark Iron with prepatch. Why would we go back to AU Draenor/EK during our expedition to Zandalar/Kul'Tiras for these? They're both also nearly complete with everything.
Zandalari/Kul'Tirans not long after launch. Blizzard did say they didn't want to gate them behind a large patch. Perhaps a x.5 patch post launch. (I need to find the source for this claim, can't remember where)
Vulpera/Sethrak in 8.1 or 8.1.5. Horde and Alliance get buddy-buddy with their respective race here, it'd be no surprise to see these playable after ZD/KT, there's even reps tied to them. Sethrak enslave the Vulpera, who the Horde liberate from said slavery... and Alliance are seen helping Sethrak do the opposite (and are also slaughtering them in there questing)

Screencap this, almost certain we'll get something close to this... if not the last 2 in 8.2 at latest.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Blizz stated in the Q and A that none of the confirmed allied races will be immediately available. They are probably alluding to us having to fulfill the requirements to unlock them, which can't be done right as the patch comes out.

Only some of the Sethral enslave, which is the evil group. The good group doesn't enslave and works with the Horde (as far as I'm aware). Though I would personally love having the Sethrak in the Alliance. :)
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote: Only some of the Sethral enslave, which is the evil group. The good group doesn't enslave and works with the Horde (as far as I'm aware). Though I would personally love having the Sethrak in the Alliance. :)
Sauce?

Have not heard that from anywhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Can read it here sixth post down. The poster is in the Alpha.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Can read it here sixth post down. The poster is in the Alpha.
Err, I was kind of hoping for datamined quest text/dialogue that supported this. So far, haven't really seen much in the ways of that?

I pay really close attention to the Vulpera Hype Caravan discord, and there's a metric buttload of alpha players/dataminers in there that get that stuff up within minutes of a new build usually.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm sure there is dialogue/quest text somewhere concerning it. I vaguely recall seeing it at one point. I'll see if I can find it.

Update: Found datamined dialogue. I remembered there being two seperate groups. One was trying to free the C'thraxxi sealed in the main temple in Vol'dun, whilst the other group is still loyal to their Loa and is friendly towards us.

Can view the info here
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:I'm sure there is dialogue/quest text somewhere concerning it. I vaguely recall seeing it at one point. I'll see if I can find it.

Update: Found datamined dialogue. I remembered there being two seperate groups. One was trying to free the C'thraxxi sealed in the main temple in Vol'dun, whilst the other group is still loyal to their Loa and is friendly towards us.

Can view the info here
Awesome, odd that I missed that, but this thread screams about how Sethrak will likely be an allied race it seems, lol.

Though it would NOT be the first time something became an allied race after both factions assist them... just look at Nightborne. I still think what I said'll happen will happen, but we'll see. It's very well possible I'm wrong.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed. If Vulpera and Sethrak are to be playable, or could be, it won't be at launch. Blizz will probably see what the general consensus is regarding them and whether they are highly requested as an allied race, then implement them in some later patch.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Agreed. If Vulpera and Sethrak are to be playable, or could be, it won't be at launch. Blizz will probably see what the general consensus is regarding them and whether they are highly requested as an allied race, then implement them in some later patch.
For sure, but Vulpera already have a player-only animation (assumed for empowering the heart of azeroth we get) that isn't a copy/paste of Goblin's with the latest build.

Very, very, VERY much points toward almost certainly playable in the future.

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

I wonder how we're going to get The Orcs and Dark Irons though. It'd be weird if we needed to have max rep with older factions that aren't relevant anymore...
I really don't want to go back to Draenor or grind rep with Ironforge on my gnome :|
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Probably not. They will probably be tied to some new rep in BfA :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

They may not require a rep grind, those are pretty un-engaging. I would expect a quest chain or two, maybe a different sort of achievement.

If I were to speculate, we're going to see more Moira and Dagran Jr story. Since DJ is something like 8 years old, maybe more Dark Iron are willing to join the alliance. Especially if he exhibited some dark iron traits (fiery eyes or something). Maybe there's a threat on his life and we have to step in and save him and otherwise impress a bunch of dark irons.

I expect the Maghar could be coming from both Outland (since it may be getting less and less habitable) and alternate Draenor. I'm not sure why there'd be a large contingent of alternate Draenor orcs at this time, I thought they were going to help us with the legion, so they'd be like your friend who showed up to help you move as you were just wrapping up.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Dagran Thaurissan II I about six years old as of Legion. The vast majority of the Dark Irons (including the Thorium Brotherhood) are currently aligned with Moira, and Shadowforge is currently under their control. So, technically, they are already members of the Alliance. Only a small number of them are still hostile, which are those that allied with the Twlight's Hamer during Cata. Dark Irons have been seen in the Alpha aiding the Alliance on Zandalar. So, any questline that involves them becoming playable won't be about having them join the Alliance, but probably about their involvement in the events of BfA.

The Mag'har from Outland are already members of the Horde. When Garrosh journeyed from Outland to Durotar after the events of TBC, many able-bodied Mag'har joined him. It seems that Blizz's intention is for the playable Mag'har to be from Draenor (especially since Grom is specifically mentioned as their Warchief in BfA). Of course, you could RP your Mag'har as one from Outland.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In today's build, it was found that Dark Irons will be getting a core hound as their mount :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not exactly allied race related, but BEs might be getting golden eyes! Was datamined with this build by Wowhead. They also found three new faces for each gender.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Oh I'm liking that :)
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord