Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Unread post by Rhyela »

WerebearGuy wrote:Man, Dark Iron females get some ugly as sin hairstyles. The mohawk and half-shaved looks are just disgusting. Everything else looks nice, but those two are just gross.
To each his own, I guess. I think they're awesome! :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A few weeks ago, Blizz fixed the duckfaces on BE males. The most recent build has now fixed them on VE males
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

PCGamesN had an interview with Production Direcfor John Hight. In it, he revealed that they originally intended for Zandalari to be available before launch, but ultimately decided that we needed to earn their trust first.

Wildhammers could become an allied race.

Races like Vulpera and Sethrak could become allied races. He noted that they put things into the data to lay the foundation for future plans, and dataminers are really good at finding this stuff.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Here is an awesome staff for Dark Irons

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rhyela wrote:
WerebearGuy wrote:Man, Dark Iron females get some ugly as sin hairstyles. The mohawk and half-shaved looks are just disgusting. Everything else looks nice, but those two are just gross.
To each his own, I guess. I think they're awesome! :)
I'm with you. I love what they've done with female Dark Irons. I think those punk hairstyles really suit their character, and really make them for me.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:PCGamesN had an interview with Production Direcfor John Hight. In it, he revealed that they originally intended for Zandalari to be available before launch, but ultimately decided that we needed to earn their trust first.
I'm glad they chose to wait. I think in their efforts to keep things interesting during the quiet times at the end of expansions that they sometimes use assets from the upcoming expansion when they maybe shouldn't, in that the new expansion design can feel too familiar before it's even released. The worst was probably before Draenor, where a whole Pandaria patch of fiery orc war machines meant we were over the Iron Horde before we even met it, but that was an extreme example. I can understand the reasons they do it, but at times I wonder if the benefit of using assets so early (as well as the heavy saturation of beta videos, which are more prevalent now than ever before) has a later cost of people getting tired of it faster.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I completely agree. Fortunately, it looks like the pre xpac event will have nothing to do with Kul Tiras or Zandalar, so there won't be that exposure to anything from those areas. And I am quite glad that Blizz decided to make each of the new zones feel rather unique from one another (imo). That will help with preventing any sort of fatigue, which was already being felt by the time that we got to Argus.