Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yep! I posted a picture of it in the mount thread. Will probably be used at some point in the future :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Totems for Zandalari Shamans.

Image Image Image Image
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

The customisation options for male Vulpera are up. It's looking like they'll be an allied race. Again I don't hate them or anything, but I *really* wish that slot had gone to vrykrul or arrakoa or one of the other races we've been asking for.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282145/male ... on-options
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

More customization doesn't necessarily mean anything. Vrykul, Arakkoa, Naga, etc. all have customization options, but aren't playable. Besides, the Vulpera work with the Horde, not the Alliance. So the Horde would get Mag'har and Vulpera, whilst the Alliance just gets fat humans.

I agree. The races that have been requested for years should be given over something new.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

......did you have to call the Kul'tirans fat humans. I mean ya know some people may want rounder/more muscly body types for their humans. It's why I don't play female humans if I wanted to be a human in game then I'd want to look like myself. I'm a curvier gal and I'm sure we're got some more stout guys here too. I really don't see the "alliance just get fat humans" remark as remotely necessary.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

My apologies, I meant no offense by it. That is what they've been called by a large part, if not the majority, of the community.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Valnaaros wrote:My apologies, I meant no offense by it. That is what they've been called by a large part, if not the majority, of the community.
I understand that, I don't agree with the community. That's the same community that hates any female or male character model that doesn't live up to their standards of beauty. I appreciate the apology, the fat humans thing is just rubbing me the wrong way every time I see it since well.. fat people do exist irl too so why should't we see ourselves represented as well.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't think it is so much that the community has a standard of beauty that isn't being lived up to with Kul Tirans (I'm sure some do, but not the majority), but more in regards to them possibly being the Alliance allied race, opposite of the Mag'har. Some textures for them have been datamined, and it looks like they'll have various clan colors (Blackrock, Bleeding Hallow, Warsong, etc), piercing, tattoos, etc. From what has been datamined for the Kul Tirans, it is basically just a bigger body shape and some different hairstyles. So people feel like the Horde is getting a race with great customization and the Alliance is just getting "fat humans".

Personally, I would prefer if they just made body shapes as a customization option for Humans and give Vrykul or Arakkoa to the Alliance.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Silivren wrote:fat people do exist irl too so why should't we see ourselves represented as well.
I'm looking forward to the Kul'Tirans! Nice to see that Blizzard can now make substantial females that aren't cute, silly, or hideous.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, I feel like it's an unfortunate term that picked up since the other models are literally called 'Thin Humans' so people started saying 'Fat Humans' to differentiate.

I really would prefer if they added this level of customization and body type to ALL races eventually, but it's nice to see them added at all as a start. I'm hoping this paves the way for more variety in the future!
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Could call them stretched and squashed humans :D :mrgreen:

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Wait, so are Vulpera actually confirmed or are they just flagged as a "race" because that makes NPC customization easier?

I will be devastated if a new culture with no established lore becomes playable over, say, Arakkoa.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No confirmation. They are just flagged as a race, much like Broken, Naga, Vrykul and several others are. Blizz even posted that just because a race is flagged doesn't mean they'll be playable.

Likewise. It would be perfect if the Alliance got Arakkoa, since the Horde are getting Mag'har - both races being from Outland/Draenor.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Well, the brown orcs, based on their jokes, sound like they will be horde...
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It does seem like they’re putting a lot of extra work into Vulpera for just an NPC race, but who knows? Maybe they’ll end up being something they’ll release as a playable race later in the expansion. As for an Allance equivalent, stocky Kul Tirans would seem kinda mundane in comparison, but I can’t think of anything else in Kul Tiras that would work. I know there are quillboars, which actually could be great fun to play! But I expect they’ll be hostile. One other thing that could work is if one of the races on Zandalar is persecuted by the trolls and so is receptive to Alliance.

The Mag’har orcs would really not make sense as anything but Horde at this point. It’d be hard to add any story that explains them joining Alliance that didn’t come across as forced.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It's possible, though Vrykul and Naga have similar customization and aren't playable. Vulpera could still be playable, but nothing right now really suggests that they will be. The Alliance equivalent doesn't necessarily have to be from Kul Tiras. The Mag'har the Horde are getting are from Draenor, not Outland, so the Alliance could recruit the Arakkoa. If we go outside of Draenor, the Alliance could recruit the Vrykul or the Broken.

Agreed. And regardless of that, the Horde playerbase would be furious no matter what reason was given.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Customization for the Mag'har

Females

Males

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

Valnaaros wrote:It's possible, though Vrykul and Naga have similar customization and aren't tamable. Vulpera could still be tamable, but nothing right now really suggests that they will be. The Alliance equivalent doesn't necessarily have to be from Kul Tiras. The Mag'har the Horde are getting are from Draenor, not Outland, so the Alliance could recruit the Arakkoa. If we go outside of Draenor, the Alliance could recruit the Vrykul or the Broken.

Agreed. And regardless of that, the Horde playerbase would be furious no matter what reason was given.
Tamable? I think you mean playable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, I meant playable. I keep making that mistake on these forums :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Chaix wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:It's possible, though Vrykul and Naga have similar customization and aren't tamable. Vulpera could still be tamable, but nothing right now really suggests that they will be. The Alliance equivalent doesn't necessarily have to be from Kul Tiras. The Mag'har the Horde are getting are from Draenor, not Outland, so the Alliance could recruit the Arakkoa. If we go outside of Draenor, the Alliance could recruit the Vrykul or the Broken.

Tamable? I think you mean playable.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: tameable naga would be fun ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.