Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
viaradda

Re: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Unread post by viaradda »

Valnaaros wrote:It was written so that both factions would aid the Nightfallen in reclaiming Suramar. However, there was natural animosity that exited between the Nightfallen and the Kaldorei (as there should be). This didn't help relations at all. On the other hand, the Sin'dorei were much more understanding of the Nightfallen, due to having gone through a very similar issue in the past. On top of that, the Sin'dorei and Nightborne have a very similar culture. Both highly value the arcane, and thus mages are highly valued. Both have groups such as Spellbreakers. Both value extravagant lifestyles. etc etc. The Nightborne have very little in common with the Kaldorei. It just makes more sense for them to go Horde.
You're just looking at how the Nightborne were at the beginning of the story. Instead, look at how the story ends. The Nightborne resolve their addiction not by fully embracing Nature (the NE way) or fully embracing the arcane (the BE way) but by embracing both and putting the two in balance. Also note the final choice to let the Nightwell die - very different from the Blood Elves.
Inay wrote: I personally do not support orcs in Alliance and humans in the Horde, I must admit. They are, a bit too much of the poster child for each faction.
Undead are already Humans in the Horde.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That's true, but Arcan'dor is a fusion of both, but it wasn't something that the Nightborne did. A way for them to rid themselves of their addiction was made available and they tool it. Have you seen any sign of them utilizing Nature after that? There are grove tenders, which use the arcane to nurture arcane-based plants, and then there is that single Nightborne im the raid that made utilized the arcane to become part plant.

Outside of this, we haven't seen any other indication of the Nightborne using Nature. But on the other hand, they have continued to embrace the arcane.

They let the Nightwell die since they were cured of their addiction. They didn't need it anymore. The Sin'dorei still need the Sunwell, which is why they kept it. Besides that, the Nightwell was only able to keep existing due to the Eye of Aman'thul. The Sunwell didn't need something in order to remain active.

In the end, this debate has been done to death, and it has been made perfectly clear that the Nightborne fit better with the Horde than they do with the Alliance.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The recent Alpha build implemented the Mag'har Direwolf. This basically confirms that we'll be getting Mag'har sooner rather than later.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Kul Tirans are now classified as a race.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I know there's probably some good reason for it ("old" reputations vs "new" reputations?) but Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne start exalted with their factions, but Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei start at friendly with theirs (3k/6k for one of them, 0/6k for the other, and I forget which is which).

That's a suuuuper load of horsefeathers, and I hope they don't continue that kind of disparity into the future; you should at least be able to use the tabard of your faction from the get go.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

If Kul Tirans are going to be a race then they'd most certainly be Alliance. At least I'd think so.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Probably will, though I hope that Blizz doesn't try and use Kul Tirans as an excuse to not give us playable Vrykul someday.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Orcs vs. Humans - seems like they'd make a good pairing to release alongside the Mag'har for that classic vibe. I'd really like to see more body types/customization added across all races though, not just as an option with allied races.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Bangeall wrote:I find it odd that those Vulpera things seem to be popular as a potential race when so many people kicked off about the Pandaren being a playable race. At least Pandaren were part of WoW lore. I don't hate Vulpera or anything, but they remind me of the token cute race that certain MMOs have, and honestly I think that the "slot" for a new race would be wasted on them when there are so many better options, ones people have been asking for for years.
My feelings exactly!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

What I most want to see are the Broken, Vykrul, Kultherians, and Tuskarr, not necessarily in that order.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Vephriel wrote:Orcs vs. Humans - seems like they'd make a good pairing to release alongside the Mag'har for that classic vibe. I'd really like to see more body types/customization added across all races though, not just as an option with allied races.
It would be very classic Warcraft. I mean really you can't get any more classic then the first game! A perfect match if you will.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Though I originally held the belief that the Mag'har would be a natural fit for the Horde, the recently datamined lore suggests that there is a possibility of them joining the Alliance.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:Though I originally held the belief that the Mag'har would be a natural fit for the Horde, the recently datamined lore suggests that there is a possibility of them joining the Alliance.
Mmm, I just can't see them pulling this off, even if there is precedent for the orcs to disagree with faction leadership. There's far too much history and bad blood between orcs and humans, and they're the iconic Warcraft horde race. Even the new faction mount and heritage armor still have a lot of Horde symbology built into them. Not to mention the enormous backlash there would be, after how long people have been waiting for brown-skinned orcs.

I can believe that there's disagreements within the Horde in the lore, but I can't see any way for them to actually have a sect of orcs join the Alliance.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I agree that it's a slim possibility and most likely will not happen, but it would be interesting if it did. But, like you said, there would be huge backlash since Mag'har have been requested by the Horde for years.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Valnaaros wrote:I agree that it's a slim possibility and most likely will not happen, but it would be interesting if it did. But, like you said, there would be huge backlash since Mag'har have been requested by the Horde for years.
Yeah no way. Brown skin orcs on alliance would be the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, lol. At least void elves vs BE are aesthetically fairly different. I'd be pissed, at least. xD

And if mag'har are the upright orcs we're getting (though I do hope green skin can get it too) then even more backlash.

I'd assume Kul tirans are what alliance get. Then mag'har.

Zandalari and dark iron.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Green-skinned orcs will also be getting straight back. There are some videos on youtube of it. I would assume that they would allow the same for Mag'har :)
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Slightly miffed by Kul Tirans being added vs. Vykrul as the next human allied race, but I'm extremely hyped that we'll FINALLY get Mag'har! *cheers* #HasWantedBrownOrcForever

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in to say 'keep up the great work everyone!' I check this thread daily and love to hear all the speculation/data mining. ♥

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

If Kul'Tirans are added as an Allied race that'd just be weird. It's better off as a customization option, since they're just humans with different body types. All the other allied races are either magically enhanced or genetic offshoots of their mother races. Kul'Tirans are just slimm-thicc Gilnaens .

If humans are going to get an allied race, I'd rather it be more dynamic or interesting like VE and NB. It feels like a waste of a spot for their "allied race" to just be another game's equivalent of a body type sliding bar.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed. It should just be a customization option for humans. Instead, they should have the Alliance recruit the Vrykul of Stormheim. Far more interesting than Kul Tirans.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Did you guys see the mount associated with the "draenor orcs" that will be an allied race at some point in BFA? Cause I want that wolf!