Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Unread post by Thwip »

Well, I dunno if I'd go so far as to call them Lighforged since that seems to take a very dedicated process, but technically BElves have been sippin' the Naru Laced Sunjuice since the end of BC when we purified the Sunwell. Thematically, it really just makes sense to me. I think someone on Wowhead mentioned they were specifically linked to those three skins akin to how DKs have specialty rotted skin tones.

Makes me wonder if they're going to be specialty sets for Paladins/Priests only.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Thwip wrote:Well, I dunno if I'd go so far as to call them Lighforged since that seems to take a very dedicated process, but technically BElves have been sippin' the Naru Laced Sunjuice since the end of BC when we purified the Sunwell. Thematically, it really just makes sense to me. I think someone on Wowhead mentioned they were specifically linked to those three skins akin to how DKs have specialty rotted skin tones.

Makes me wonder if they're going to be specialty sets for Paladins/Priests only.
Yeah, the eye colour change does make sense when it comes to the lore, but I'd also agree that Paladins/Priests would be the most likely to see that sort of significant change. Fel corruption has been likened to nuclear radiation - it permeates the land and the people so that even future generations are still affected by it. Elves have been shown to display this corruption most prominently through their eyes, depending on what kind of magic they use. I can see how a Light user could have cleansed this corruption over time along with the infusion of Light from the new Sunwell. Other classes I'm a little more iffy on, but I'm not going to complain over some new customization options if that's the way they want to take it. It's certainly feasible that over all these years the Sunwell has been gradually cleansing the fel from the elves.

Also yes, it's worded a little poorly, the 3 faces themselves are not new (as in the structure/appearance), those already exist currently, it's just the addition of the golden eyes to those specific ones that's new. As you said, just like the DK additional skins. They did mention that the gold will work across all skin tones though, so I guess if you want golden eyes you'll just have the option of 1 of those 3 faces.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Vephriel wrote:
Thwip wrote:Well, I dunno if I'd go so far as to call them Lighforged since that seems to take a very dedicated process, but technically BElves have been sippin' the Naru Laced Sunjuice since the end of BC when we purified the Sunwell. Thematically, it really just makes sense to me. I think someone on Wowhead mentioned they were specifically linked to those three skins akin to how DKs have specialty rotted skin tones.

Yeah, the eye colour change does make sense when it comes to the lore, but I'd also agree that Paladins/Priests would be the most likely to see that sort of significant change. Fel corruption has been likened to nuclear radiation - it permeates the land and the people so that even future generations are still affected by it. Elves have been shown to display this corruption most prominently through their eyes, depending on what kind of magic they use. I can see how a Light user could have cleansed this corruption over time along with the infusion of Light from the new Sunwell. Other classes I'm a little more iffy on, but I'm not going to complain over some new customization options if that's the way they want to take it. It's certainly feasible that over all these years the Sunwell has been gradually cleansing the fel from the elves.

Also yes, it's worded a little poorly, the 3 faces themselves are not new (as in the structure/appearance), those already exist currently, it's just the addition of the golden eyes to those specific ones that's new. As you said, just like the DK additional skins. They did mention that the gold will work across all skin tones though, so I guess if you want golden eyes you'll just have the option of 1 of those 3 faces.
Hurp, I don't even know why I didn't think of it that way. Cause...Orcs display it like second hand gerber peas. I dunno why my brain didn't click with it the same way. BElves may not have been chuggin' the ol' demon blood, but they sure were swiggin' the green cool aid plenty enough.

But hey, even if they're just linked to three skins each...that'd be a nice change of pace! I know my paladin would have those gold eyes in a heart beat. Hopefully they're not going to be strictly for NPC use.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Vephriel

Yeah, we don't even know if they'll be available to players at this point, but it's hard not to get on the hype train. :lol: I like the idea of a golden eye option, especially for Light users.

Now if they can just add some darker skintones for the blood elves while they're at it I'll be very happy.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I long for the day when all these options are split off into their own categories and not tied to anything else. Eye color, mustache color, beard color, etc etc. 9.0 maybe!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Adding onto what Veph said, most BEs did not utilize the fel crystal that can be seen in and around Silvermoon. Only the elite did, whilst some were used to support their buildings. Due to the nature of fel, the energy radiated out and caused the rest of the populace to be tainted. Blizz admitted that having the fel crystals seem lile a common thing was a mistake on their part, since they weren't all over the place.

A similar thing happened with the orcs. The Frostwolves, for example, never drank the blood, but them being around those that did eventually caused them to turn green.

I'm sure that we'll get the golden eyes. Would be very odd not to. As for more customization - especially on a bit scale - that will probably happen in a future xpac :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The most recent build added the golden eyes and three new faces to character creation! :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Dark Iron Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock

Mag'har Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Shaman
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I'm hoping at some point during testing, they flag the remaining allied races as playable so we can test them out. That or make the unlock quests from them briefly playable, for testing purposes.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I hope they do. They didn't for the first four allied races and that didn't go over very well.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

So apparently this is the Kul'Tiran heritage armor:

Best looking Heritage Armor other than Void Elf for me.

(Source: They updated the Allied Races page on the BFA page. So although *not confirmed*, it's quite likely, as the other 3 Allied Races on the page are in their heritage armor:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, I saw that. I am personally hoping that they give them the other colors, as well. Some of the other allied races have different variants for their heritage armor, which I'm also hoping that they'll get.
Vephriel

The sea salt spray on the back of the coats is a nice touch. I really hope that they introduce more of those clothing models now, it seems like they've figured out physics for them. :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:Yeah, I saw that. I am personally hoping that they give them the other colors, as well. Some of the other allied races have different variants for their heritage armor, which I'm also hoping that they'll get.
There's a few different variants for it already, but like Nightborne and Lightforged heritage armor, I doubt we'll see them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye, I've seen them, but you never know. Blizz might decide to give them to us. Would be a waste otherwise.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Other than being a little sturdier than average humans, are the Kul Tirans taller as well?

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Rhyela wrote:Other than being a little sturdier than average humans, are the Kul Tirans taller as well?
They are, yes.
Vephriel

Valnaaros wrote:
Rhyela wrote:Other than being a little sturdier than average humans, are the Kul Tirans taller as well?
They are, yes.
Someone on the forums was pointing out that they might be a little too tall.
A Draenei woman is 7' tall, on average, in lore. Which means these human women are there abouts 7'1. On average.
Not that there's anything wrong with tall races but, that does seem a little excessive when I don't think there's anything particularly unique about them other than they're just a more seafaring folk from your regular Azerothian humans.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, they might need to reduce their size, since Draenei males are already having problems getting through doorways on Kul Tiras.

Lorewise, they might have crossbred with the Drust, which appear to be bigger and taller humans (possibly somesort of Vrykul). It hasn't been outright confirmed yet, however.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Valnaaros wrote:Yeah, they might need to reduce their size, since Draenei males are already having problems getting through doorways on Kul Tiras.

Lorewise, they might have crossbred with the Drust, which appear to be bigger and taller humans (possibly somesort of Vrykul). It hasn't been outright confirmed yet, however.
*slowly points over to both male and female Tauren*
Doors and things hanging from the ceilings are the bane of us too :C

Siggy under construction!