Battle for Azeroth Hunter and pet abilities

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Battle for Azeroth Hunter and pet abilities

Unread post by Wain »

Wowhead have an article up on datamined abilities for Hunters and their pets:
https://t.co/0mVewSJF4O

I’m at work at the moment and can’t comment more, but I thought I’d post the link for comment.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Hunter and pet abilities

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm so very glad that Blizz finally got around to giving pets unique abilities! Still scrolling through, but the Stag, Nether Ray, Moth, Bat, Spirit Beast, and Spore Bat abilities will be very handy in PvE and PvP. :) Other than those, most of the abilities either cause the Mortal Wounds effect, cause a slowing effect, produces a shield, or increase dodge percentage. Sadly, it looks like the Direhorn reflect is being removed :/
Last edited by Valnaaros on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

guess no more battle rez, didn't see it from what looked through. Too bad direhorn lost their ability
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Chya wrote:guess no more battle rez, didn't see it from what looked through. Too bad direhorn lost their ability
I don't think they're removing Hero or the Brezzes. The list just contained things that were being added or changed.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Here is an easier to read list

Acid Bite: The Hydra bites the target with corrosive venom, causing the Mortal Wounds effect. Mortal Wounds reduces the effectiveness of healing for 10 secs.

Acid Spit: The Worm spits acid at the target, slowing movement by 50% for 6 secs.

Agile Reflexes: The Fox heightens its senses, increasing doge chance by 30% for 20 sec. CD changed from 2 mins to 1.5 mins.

Bristle: The Boar bristles its hide, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.

Catlike Reflexes: The Cat heightens its senses, increasing dodge chance by 30% for 20 sec.

Defense Matrix: The Mechanical contraption creates a personal defense matrix around itself, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.

Dragon's Guile: The Dragonhawk takes on a defensive posture, increasing dodge chance by 30% for 20 sec.

Dust Cloud: The Tallstrider kicks up a cloud of dust towards the target, slowing movement by 50% for 6 sec.

Feather Flurry: The Feathermane flaps wildly, flinging feathers into the air that distract its enemies, increasing dodge chance by 50% for 20 sec.

Frost Breath: The Chimera blasts the target with Frost Breath, reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.

Furious Bite: The Wolf bites the target's feet, reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.

Gruff: When falling below 40% health, the Goat will shrug off attacks, granting 50% reduced incoming damage for 12 sec.

Harden Carapace: The Beetle hardens up, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.

(Removed) Hardened Shell: The Crab's shell hardens, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.

Infected Bite: The Hyena sinks its fangs into the target, infecting the target with Mortal Wounds.

Lock Jaw: The Dog bites the target's feet, reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.

Monstrous Bite: The Devilsaur ferociously bites the enemy, causing the Mortal Wounds effect.

Nature's Grace: The Stag soothes the enemy target, removing 1 enrage and 1 magic effect.

Nether Shock: The Nether Ray focuses a blast of nether energy at the enemy target, removing 1 enrage and 1 magic effect.

Niuzao's Fortitude: When falling below 40% health, the Ox will shrug off attacks, granting 50% reduced incoming damage for 12 sec.

Obsidian Skin: The Core Hound suddenly cools and hardens the magma on its skin, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.

Pin: The Crab claws at the target's feet with its pincers, slowing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.

Primal Agility: The Monkey heightens its senses, increasing dodge chance by 30% for 20 sec.

Ravage: The Ravager tears into the enemy, causing the Mortal Wounds effect.

(Removed) Reflective Armor Plating: Deflects all spells cast in front of the Direhorn for 6 sec.

Savage Rend: The Raptor slashes deep into the target, causing Mortal Wounds.

Scale Shield: The Scalehide hardens it skin, reducing damage taken by 50% for 12 sec.

Serenity Dust: The Moth vibrates its wings, scattering tranquil dust over the enemy target, removing 1 enrage and 1 magic effect.

Serpent's Swiftness: The Serpent takes on a defensive posture, icnreasing dodge chance by 30% for 20 sec.

Silverback: When falling below 40% health, the Gorilla will shrug off attacks, granting 50% reduced incoming damage for 12 sec.

Sonic Blast: The Bat emits a sonic pulse towards the enemy target, removing 1 enrage and 1 magic effect.

Spirit Shock: The Spirit Beast blasts the enemy target, removing 1 enrage and 1 magic effect.

Spore Cloud: The Sporebat emits a cloud of imbued spores around the enemy target, removing 1 enrage and 1 magic effect.

Stone Armor: When falling below 40% health, the Quilen's skni will change to stone: causing it to take 30% less damage and regenerate 3% of its maximum health every 1 sec for 12 sec (was 8 sec).

Talon Rend: The Bird of Prey claws at the target's feet, reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.

Thick Fur: When falling below 40% health, the Bear's fur will thicken, granting 50% reduced incoming damage for 12 sec.

Toxic Sting: The Wasp dives in and stings the target, causing the Mortal Wounds effect.

Warp Time: The Warp Stalker slows time around the enemy, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.

Web Spray: The Spider wraps webs aroudn the target, slowing movement by 50% for 6 sec.

Winged Agility: The Wind Serpent takes on a defensive posture, increasing dodge chance by 30% for 20 sec.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Valnaaros wrote:
Chya wrote:guess no more battle rez, didn't see it from what looked through. Too bad direhorn lost their ability
I don't think they're removing Hero or the Brezzes. The list just contained things that were being added or changed.
ah ok, cool.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

If I recall, Battle Res and Heroism were removed from Cranes/Moths/Quilen and Core Hounds/Netherrays because they were made baseline abilities for all pets.

Ferocity pets gain Heroism, Tenacity pets gain battle res, and Cunning pets gain Master's Call.
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Myzou wrote:
If I recall, Battle Res and Heroism were removed from Cranes/Moths/Quilen and Core Hounds/Netherrays because they were made baseline abilities for all pets.

Ferocity pets gain Heroism, Tenacity pets gain battle res, and Cunning pets gain Master's Call.
nice, that is great news thank you:)
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

So, slows, dodges, shells, healing decreasers, and buff removers. Mostly pvp oriented, but shells and slows can be useful in pve, and maybe the buff removers. Well, I'd like more variety, but I'm glad to see at least SOMETHING come back. Interesting baseline abilities. I can agree with the distribution, kinda, but res is useful in mythics where the pet has to be ferocity. Hmph. Are things like slowfall and water walking being removed?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't' think slow falls or water walking is being removed. I haven't seen any mention of them, at least.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Sad to see Reflective Armor Plating go! It made the BM challenge a breeze.
Myzou wrote: Ferocity pets gain Heroism, Tenacity pets gain battle res, and Cunning pets gain Master's Call.
So if you want battle rez during a dungeon you will do less damage?
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

It's been a while, so someone please remind me - do exotic pets still have their unique abilities, like Burrow, Spirit Heal, etc?

Otherwise it's a little underwhelming that, say, a chimera has the exact same ability as a dog now that the range on its frost breath is removed.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tomb wrote:Sad to see Reflective Armor Plating go! It made the BM challenge a breeze.
Myzou wrote: Ferocity pets gain Heroism, Tenacity pets gain battle res, and Cunning pets gain Master's Call.
So if you want battle rez during a dungeon you will do less damage?
That is...hmm. :/ I hope that's not finalized, battle res is one of the more useful abilities currently and I tend to use it most in dungeons and raids, where I'll want to be having a ferocity pet.

I'm glad they're taking a look at pet abilities at least. This still isn't perfect but...if we can choose the talents/abilities individually for pets instead of being locked into a few families I'll be happier. I'm still amazed they were so neglected during Legion. I still used a lot of my other pets but for the most part I've been running around with a crane/nether ray the majority of the time because battle res and bloodlust were too necessary.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Equeon Those abilities you listed are still in Live, and as far as we can tell, in BfA. I think they removed the original Frost Breath due to it dealing very low damage. Burrow is the same way right now, though still in BfA for the time being.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Valnaaros wrote:Here is an easier to read list.
You're awesome! Thank you for this. WowHead tends to make my tablet /phone /laptop almost explode with all the ads. Even with adblocks. :lol:

So much has changed in a year I'm almost afraid to come back :?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet :)

Aye, a lot has changed, but you quickly get the hang of things. I've had a few guildies return after a long break and they learned how everything worked after a few days or so :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I kinda wish they'd bring back pet talent trees. Just get rid of Tenacity/Ferocity/Cunning and give us actual talent trees to customize our pets.

Level 15 could be Spiked Collar, Blood of the Rhino, and Cornered. (AKA Ferocity/Tenacity/Cunning)

Level 30 could be Charge, Dash, and Boar's Speed. (Movement Based Tier)

Level 45 could be Thunderstomp, Heart of the Phoenix, Roar of Sacrifice. (Unique Skill Tier)

Level 60 could be Heroism, Battle Res, or Master's Call. (Utility Tier)

Level 100 could be Rabid, Last Stand, or Bullheaded. ("Big" Ability Tier)

That way we could get creative, like a ferocity pet with a permanent +30% speed boost rather than Dash, or a Beast Mastery pet with Master's Call for PvP. And if we have a heroism user in the group, we can switch to battle res, if we have plenty of battle resses, we can switch to heroism, etc.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Myzou wrote:I kinda wish they'd bring back pet talent trees. Just get rid of Tenacity/Ferocity/Cunning and give us actual talent trees to customize our pets.

Level 15 could be Spiked Collar, Blood of the Rhino, and Cornered. (AKA Ferocity/Tenacity/Cunning)

Level 30 could be Charge, Dash, and Boar's Speed. (Movement Based Tier)

Level 45 could be Thunderstomp, Heart of the Phoenix, Roar of Sacrifice. (Unique Skill Tier)

Level 60 could be Heroism, Battle Res, or Master's Call. (Utility Tier)

Level 100 could be Rabid, Last Stand, or Bullheaded. ("Big" Ability Tier)

That way we could get creative, like a ferocity pet with a permanent +30% speed boost rather than Dash, or a Beast Mastery pet with Master's Call for PvP. And if we have a heroism user in the group, we can switch to battle res, if we have plenty of battle resses, we can switch to heroism, etc.
I love this idea!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I loved the old pet talent trees, but I can see why Blizz wouldn't want to return it to the game. In the end, there was always an optimal build for dps. It wasn't uncommon that you were pressured into using this build when in dungeons and raids, and it would be no different nowadays :(
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I prefer that Ferocity pets get Lust and Rebirth, Tenacity pets get Roar of Sacrifice and Lust and Cunning pets get Rebirth dan Roar of Sacrifice