Battle For Azeroth - All of the Battle Pets + Mounts / Pets

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tooth
Realm: Kel'Thuzad

Battle For Azeroth - All of the Battle Pets + Mounts / Pets

Unread post by Tooth »

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum section.

Hey guys,

Mounts:
I re-did a video of the new Battle for Azeroth mounts so they can be seen more clearly rather than having to few screenshots of the models.
I put them behind in-game backgrounds and gave them their own unique actual animations as well so you can see what the animations will be in-game.
Here's the video for those who are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jM5xpHhTI8&t=157s

Companion Pets / Battle Pets:

These are all the new companion pets (so far) that were datamined for Battle for Azeroth, the komodo dragons are by far my favorite and seem to take the warp stalker skeleton. Regardless, it's awesome... There is also a robot doberman/robot bulldog I forgot to include, but will add in the next video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RI97hHGPlM&t=25s

Hunter Pets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5UiHxGi2x4&t=486s

This is what we've all been waiting for... New hunter pets... Video is now out, the new hunter pets so far are AWESOME, the mechanical tigers look incredible with the animations, can't wait to show you guys it. I'm hoping "Tiger Loa" will be tamable, but personally I am unsure IF that is a Druid cat form or not.....

(Also note guys, I am still not one hundred percent positive that THESE for sure are 100% mounts/companion pets/hunter pets, I only know a fair amount from a lot of research lurking.)

Anyways, hope these are helpful spoiler videos.
I will be digging up a lot more Alpha stuff as well... So feel free to follow my channel, or follow this thread for future updates for new Alpha maps, and other content about the Alpha.

Updated:
Battle For Azeroth all new weapons (So far.) These weapons are ONLY the DUNGEONS/LEVELING ZONES weapons, I do not have a video of the fancier upper-class weapons yet since there is none in the database.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fE8bPDQpvA -

Update 2:
Battle For Azeroth ALL the new armour sets showcase
. They seem to be only dungeon/leveling gear, rather than TIER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvUIrmQ9LWo&t=53s
Last edited by Tooth on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle For Azeroth - All of the Battle Pets + Mounts / P

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Thanks for your work, Tooth! I'm really looking forward to the new beasts :) That tiger loa in particular will probably not be tamable since that is probably Shirvallah. But they may alter the model and implement it as something for us to tame elsewhere.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:Thanks for your work, Tooth! I'm really looking forward to the new beasts :) That tiger loa in particular will probably not be tamable since that is probably Shirvallah. But they may alter the model and implement it as something for us to tame elsewhere.
My guess is that it might be used as a base for the upcoming Zandalari druid cat forms. If that's the case then we might not get a tameable version since they'll want it to stay special for druids, but it's a gorgeous model!
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Valnaaros wrote:Thanks for your work, Tooth! I'm really looking forward to the new beasts :) That tiger loa in particular will probably not be tamable since that is probably Shirvallah. But they may alter the model and implement it as something for us to tame elsewhere.
Thank you! I updated the thread so now the hunter pets are now in there. I didn't blur the background this time so it's pretty cool to see them in their environment. I messed up with the mechanical spiders I forgot they were added awhile back ago, derp.

I assumed so too, when I first saw it I felt like it'd be a Druid travel form... Or, some sort of boss type thing. I feel like that's what they're going to do, mess around with the model and give us a version we can tame, IF it is not a Druid form, it's my favorite model aside from the Komodo Dragon's.
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Vephriel wrote:
My guess is that it might be used as a base for the upcoming Zandalari druid cat forms. If that's the case then we might not get a tameable version since they'll want it to stay special for druids, but it's a gorgeous model!
That's gonna make me sad if it's only for the Zandalari druids.... That's a super nice model, lol
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Thank you for this! It has given me a lot to think about now. :lol:

For starters. Definitely don't like the new hyenas now after seeing their animations. I know it's really early but they look almost broken. Like the head isn't connected to the body? It brothers me. Putting aside that. The colors. Ugh. So drab. The brighter oceli (sp?) is extremely important. Especially in the red model. That is completely missing. I'm really glad the majority likes them. But. Not for me anymore. Which is a little heartbreaking since I'm so attached to Snort.

Uh. Dude. I've never wanted a gorilla before but this is definitely changing my mind.

Wind serpents. Stunning models. Shame the colors are just so far off from the originals. Hunter with Azzere & now again concerned she will go from fab to drab.

Rattle-cobras. Now that I have seen I can't unsee. I do also upon seeing them think the hood was really poorly placed. And that rattle. I actually prefer the vanilla models to these. Colors and all. Their hoods are a part if the body not a segment & proportionate. Bright colors /markings. NO RATTLE! I know it's WoW & not real life blah blah blah but as someone who's a massive reptile lover (studied herpetology since 1999) the really does bother me.

Brings me to another issue. Compies. I love their models & even their colors. Super concerned they'll be huge. Yeah I know small pets unfair in PvP whine whine whine QQ QQ QQ but if you're going to put real life like dinosaurs in a game even make it look like it could had walked on the earth then at least make it small!

Hippo. Love the model & even the colors. I could live with the huge tusks. My pet peeve is simply the first ground humping animation. I sincerely hope its a bug. :lol:

Horny toads. Yes that's what they remind me of. Lol I need them in my life. All of them! Same gripe in colors could stand to be brighter.

Birds. Here's something I found super interesting. On most of the neck feathers were a true bright white but the body color was almost a cream or slightly darker. Another thing, this could be a vain hope, is the take off animation. I am really hoping they've made the birds have the ability to land when you stop moving. Probably not but that'd be awesome.

I know it's really early. A lot could change. Some things I certainly hope they do. These are just my opinions.

Oh almost forgot. Spiders. Love the update. Not digging the colors. Again a fab to drab issue. *sigh* My poor bone spiders.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Thanks so much for doing this! I like the hyenas and wind serpents more now that I've seen them in action, so to speak. But I'm really impressed with the new lizards. They are what I always hoped the warp stalkers would look like. I can't believe how many colors they have already! How do they expect us to pick just one? I'm feeling almost overwhelmed by all the new things and model updates. Not that that's a bad thing, just.....it almost feels like I have too many choices now. Like the biggest menu in the world, and everything sounds delicious but my appetite is only so big. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Direhorns and Riverbeasts doing the tail smash and tail attack animation makes perfect sense.

These hippos look ridiculous doing it :lol:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

After watching the video for hunter pets, I REALLY want a few new ones. There was an odd Hyena in the mix though; what was with the one with the white paws, spots, and snout? That one was new to me. Lots of other possible beasts seemed excluded, but 20 minutes is a lot as it is.

As for the other ones that caught my fancy;
1. Those cobras look excellent.
2. Robot Gorilla is going to look so good.
3. Bone Spiders look so good. I might have to get one now.
4. Black Windserpent looks amazing in its new form. I REALLY want it now.
5. The blue Isopod is going on my team. No questions.
6. The Loa Tiger NEEDS to be tameable.
7. Black Stegodon is beautiful.
8. The Brown Raptor with the gold feathers is 10/10, totally David Bowie with a tan.
9. The stone texture Komodo looks great, but so does the white one with red spots. Tough choice.
10. White Crow is sweet as all hell, but there was an odd brown texture on its head and back. Glitch with the model viewer?

I really, REALLY need that black and purple diemetradon though. Hurry up and make them tameable, Blizzard!
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Hippo. Love the model & even the colors. I could live with the huge tusks. My pet peeve is simply the first ground humping animation. I sincerely hope its a bug. :lol:
I am so, so glad.... I am not the only one who noticed this. LMAO, the hippos DO look like they're humping... Which makes me kind of like uhhhhhh..... The whole time when I was recording it I was just like what is Blizzard thinking with this?

It's the mount special animation as well, so it looks like there might possibly be a hippo mount :mrgreen:
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I am very torn on the hyenas - on the one hand, it was about time they got Blizzard's attention and I'm happy for the update, on the other... Idk, something about animations rubs me the wrong way. I think it has something to do with their extremely large paws clashing with the WoD/Legion wolf running animations and coming out in a jumble of limbs.

That Tiger_Loa thing, however... I need dis.
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Shelassa wrote:I am very torn on the hyenas - on the one hand, it was about time they got Blizzard's attention and I'm happy for the update, on the other... Idk, something about animations rubs me the wrong way. I think it has something to do with their extremely large paws clashing with the WoD/Legion wolf running animations and coming out in a jumble of limbs.

That Tiger_Loa thing, however... I need dis.
Aren't they the same as the old animations? It's been awhile since I've used my classic Hyena pet. It's very obvious they took the WoD wolf though. I love the Hyenas, but I'm not liking the overly cartoony bulky look they've been doing lately.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they are the same animations. The WoD wolf uses the same animations that the old Hyena and old wolf models used.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

They are the same animations, however since the new model is a lot bigger and more stylized it has places where the skeleton just doesn't work very well and there's more clipping.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ah yes, I see what you mean. Hopefully the proportions can be altered to make it look better.
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Thread has now been updated to include Battle For Azeroth dungeon weapons and leveling zone weapons. There is a few weapons for Hunters already.
These are not the fancy higher-end weapons.. Just regular zone/BoE/etc drop weapons.

Will be posting a video of all the armour sets so far for transmog (dungeons/levelling zone) transmogs, as well sometime tomorrow.
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Valnaaros wrote:Ah yes, I see what you mean. Hopefully the proportions can be altered to make it look better.
It is very early in the Alpha, so, I'm sure they will alter everything, they tend to do that stuff last.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Oh yes, definitely.
Tooth

Unread post by Tooth »

Thread has been updated for anyone interested in the BFA armour sets.
Lamiara
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Lamiara »

zedxrgal wrote: Rattle-cobras. Now that I have seen I can't unsee. I do also upon seeing them think the hood was really poorly placed. And that rattle. I actually prefer the vanilla models to these. Colors and all. Their hoods are a part if the body not a segment & proportionate. Bright colors /markings. NO RATTLE! I know it's WoW & not real life blah blah blah but as someone who's a massive reptile lover (studied herpetology since 1999) the really does bother me.
same!
If those are new additions rather than replacements of classic models, I'm all ok with them, even though the rattle-hood combo is weird.
Here's hoping they will keep the classic cobras untouched in all their glory.

I'm also worried about wind serpents, especially the colour changes.
Also, what about the spiky ones from TBC onward?
I see the artist is slapping rattles on everything now :roll: