Vulpera hype

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Vulpera hype

Unread post by Rikaku »

Lupen202 wrote: Um, they do have tails?
Valnaaros wrote:@Lupen Yeah, I looked at them in the dressing room a bit ago and noticed that, and I think some of the models shown on wowhead's article had tails. Not sure how the misinformation got started.
It's because some of the earliest versions of the Vulpera had no tails. They had like a bob-tail kind of deal (like the non-long tail Pandaren females) which was later given a tail in a build following.

Edit:
These were some of the earliest images we were given about Vulpera originally.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281155.2/vu ... del-viewer

I'm not sure when the change exactly happened, but the original Vulpera news post (linked above anyways) is on WoWhead dated 19 days ago. The WoWhead news that posted about Vulpera being added to the dressing room, which is (I believe) the first time we saw the new tails is dated 9 days ago. So somewhere in that time I'd guess?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281588.2/vu ... m#comments

So that's probably where the confusion came from initially.

On topic, I think these guys are pretty cute, but I'm not "hyped" for them as Allied Races. I wouldn't be bothered if they became one, I just don't see myself playing one of these guys UNLESS they could be Druids. Then... game on. XD

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Okay, so...they are kinda cute now with the update (arms are freakishly long, though). I don't like admitting that. :lol: It's just that it's the first beast race to have a female model I could actually tolerate. Well, the female taurens are okay, but I prefer the Highmountain over the regular version.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, Ion did confirm Draenor orcs a while ago, so I'm guessing this is their counterpart. I'm pretty convinced they'll be playable, especially now. I just wish someone would show the designers pictures of foxes and wolves. The muzzle is better than the female worgen, but only because it isn't snarling/vomiting. It's still weirdly pinched and unappealing and chihuahua-like.

I would really, really rather see established races, like vrykul or murlocs, before something like this. Maybe they don't want another Nightborne situation in which they screw over half the player base by giving a neutral race to one faction?

And before they go throwing fox people at us, how about they fix the worgen? That's only been overdue since they released them. What is the hold-up? Why are they making foxes instead of fixing a player race?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Vulpera are a faction that the Horde deal with, not the Alliance. The Alliance only see them very briefly in one of their zones.

I also would rather see an established race. Plenty of better options.

They have said that they'll be updating the Worgen and Goblins in BfA, but it won't be done by launch.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

If they're horde, and they're paired with Draenor orcs.....haha, not likely Alliance would get orcs! So, they must be paired with something else. I mean, there IS speculation that could happen, that the Alliance could get brown orcs. But I don't think Blizz will do that.

I suspect the Vulpera will be Alliance though, because they use a goblin skeleton. The Nightborne gave the Horde access to Night Elf animations, and the Void Elves brought Blood Elf to the Alliance. If the sister race for Vulpera is Sethrak, which appear to use some Draeni/Pandaren animations, that would be nicely symmetrical. Even though I want Sethrak for the Alliance, not Vulpera. I know the Sethrak are less likely because making armor fit one would be tricky. But I can dream.

I don't know why they've taken so bloody long to fix worgen. I just don't understand the delay. It's been literally years. And they can't get it done by the launch of yet another expansion? So...not MoP, not WoD, not Legion, not BFA. How much time to they need?
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Aren't Allies getting the new humans as a new allied race? :| :mrgreen:

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, we're most likely going to get Kul Tirans for the Alliance. Horde gets a new orc, and Alliance gets a new human.

If Vulpera go Alliance, it would be out of no where, since the Vulpera have extremely little to do with the Alliance story as of right now. They are allied with the Sethrak in Vol'dun, which is a Horde zone.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Is it confirmed somewhere that Kul Tirans will be an allied race? I must have missed that. That's ok, I guess. Could be worse.

I know that by one logic, and the logic that probably counts, Vulpera will be Horde. But, it's fun to speculate otherwise. So, they're allied with Sethrak, huh? Boo. There goes that dream.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It isn't confirmed by Blizz, no, but there is evidence suggesting that they will be. There was also a leak posted on Scrolls of Lore about a week or two ago that was very quickly taken down by the admins. According to those that saw it, the leak said that Kul Tirans will be an allied race for the Alliance. Could be a fake lake, but if so, I would think that the admins wouldn't have removed it.

Yeah, according to those in the Alpha. There is a good faction of Sethrak that are a rep for the Horde, and the Vulpera are a part of this group.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

New male customization up, looking 100x better as well.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282145/male ... ssing-room

But... goblin animations still look horrible.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed. The faces do look better, but the Goblin animations just don't fit them. Some think that they'll be Blizz's way of giving "Goblins" to the Alliance, despite the fact that the Vulpera are a Horde ally.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I still think that's a really shit excuse to assume they're alliance. Allied races are brand new, so we don't know what blizz's trends are... and just because they're goblin animations doesn't mean they HAVE to go to alliance. It's not like horde can't have multiple of the same base model.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lupen202 wrote:I still think that's a really shit excuse to assume they're alliance. Allied races are brand new, so we don't know what blizz's trends are... and just because they're goblin animations doesn't mean they HAVE to go to alliance. It's not like horde can't have multiple of the same base model.
Agreed. It's just a few people that want them to go Alliance and are trying to find "evidence" that they will, even though there is evidence that, if they become playable, they would go Horde (a rep with them), and even more that they won't be playable at all (no heritage armor, racials, starting zone, minimap, mount, etc).
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Lupen202 wrote:I still think that's a really shit excuse to assume they're alliance. Allied races are brand new, so we don't know what blizz's trends are... and just because they're goblin animations doesn't mean they HAVE to go to alliance. It's not like horde can't have multiple of the same base model.
2 orcs, 2 trolls, and 2 humanoid Artiodactyla or Pecora (not sure where I should put them). Having a race with the same same skeleton (rigging) and animations doesn't bother me, its when the only difference between the models is the shade, cranial appendages, and decorations (earrings, tattoos, and such). :| I'm fine with fox people having goblin rigging. :mrgreen:

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

I'm not sure you want to count the trolls together. they look a little similar on the surface, but they probably started the zandalari model off on a night elven or human skeleton and heavily modified the animations to make them look more troll-ish.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Zandalari model, according to Blizz, is a modified Darkspear troll model that shares some Night Elf animations.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:
Agreed. It's just a few people that want them to go Alliance and are trying to find "evidence" that they will, even though there is evidence that, if they become playable, they would go Horde (a rep with them), and even more that they won't be playable at all (no heritage armor, racials, starting zone, minimap, mount, etc).

Hehe, I'm one of those people who has speculated that they'll be alliance. It's not cause I want them. I actually kinda don't. I'm not that big of a fan, honestly. It's because speculation is fun :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If there was somesort of evidence that they could be (assuming they will be playable), then I would be open to that. But the Vulpera interact almost entirely with the Horde. They're even a rep with the Horde and not the Alliance.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Lupen202 wrote:New male customization up, looking 100x better as well.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282145/male ... ssing-room

But... goblin animations still look horrible.
God the face looks so much better :D
Now the females need a little tweaking and their arms can be made shorter...and we're good!
((Though I wish they had fox legs, I figured they wouldn't :lol: People feet on fox legs is...distressing in a way I can't describe :lol: ))

Edit: Ah man, I played around in the dressing room and I think I'm switching sides guys. They're growing on me :lol:
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I wouldn't get too set on them. NPCs have different looks about them as well. The fact that they have different faces and can be dressed up isn't really enough evidince they will be playable IMO.
I mean, ya'll welcome to keep theorizing! No harm in that! I just would hate to see someone get so set on them, then devastated if they aren't playable.

I'm still holding my breath for some of the older existing races that make sense in lore to become playable. One day. One day.

Siggy under construction!