Vulpera hype

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Vulpera hype

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Bowno wrote:I wouldn't get too set on them. NPCs have different looks about them as well. The fact that they have different faces and can be dressed up isn't really enough evidince they will be playable IMO.
I mean, ya'll welcome to keep theorizing! No harm in that! I just would hate to see someone get so set on them, then devastated if they aren't playable.

I'm still holding my breath for some of the older existing races that make sense in lore to become playable. One day. One day.
Agreed. Vrykul have various faces, hairstyles, tattoos, and skin colors, but are not playable. Naga have various skin colors, fin styles, and some faces, but are not playable. Vulpera could be in the same boat as them.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

my problem with the fox folk is that 90% of the old gear is gonna look terrible on them... pandas still have that problem.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

SlickrockGhost wrote:my problem with the fox folk is that 90% of the old gear is gonna look terrible on them... pandas still have that problem.
That's true. Also applies to Worgen and Tauren. Blizz has a difficult time making helmets look good on a head with a snout.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Valnaaros wrote:
SlickrockGhost wrote:my problem with the fox folk is that 90% of the old gear is gonna look terrible on them... pandas still have that problem.
That's true. Also applies to Worgen and Tauren. Blizz has a difficult time making helmets look good on a head with a snout.
Hehe.. 90% of my mogs use simple goggles or eye patches. Hunter helms are mostly meh anyway.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Tbh I wouldn't mind if certain helms were just restricted from the Vulpera until they fixed it. I'd rather have the race period, than be concerned over how every single bit of armor is going to fit on them. Their situation isn't as severe as naga, which would lead to an entire redesign on how armor will rest on their bodies.

Although on the topic of naga, I feel again that the armor issue is a cop out. They could re-rig the skeleton from the waist up and allow them to wear armor from the belt up. As for "nude" tails, just allow customizable options for those and the scales. It's still work for Blizz, but doesn't remove the slithering naga players want. I don't want my naga to suddenly grow legs, bc Blizzard feels every race has to wear shoes and pants :lol:

"No pants, no shoes, no playable races!"
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Currently, Naga can wear almost every piece of armor (aside from helmets, boots, and maybe pants). For pants, they could just make them into a tail sleeve or something. The hard part is how they would look on certain mounts. They could go sidesaddle on things like horses and wolves, but they could do that for mounts like the Sky Golem, the Skychaser, the Kyparium Rocket, or the Darkmoon Dirigible. Whilst I would prefer that Blizz keep Naga as is and find some solution to how they'd look on mounts, I wouldn't be too bothered if the playable ones had two legs. Legion has shown that it is possible for them to have them.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rozzana »

Maybe they can glitch and sky swim :lol:

But maybe they could do the "princess" riding form and that'd work well as you said.
Their racial bonus could be under water breathing or increased swim speed. For professions maybe....uh...idk, but speculation like this is always fun :)

If Blizzard gives us Vulpera (I'm like 90% certain they will tbh, even if they say otherwise--I'm pretty sure this is another NB/HM) maybe their racial could be a dust/sand cloud that disorients enemies for 1-2secs.
Last edited by Rozzana on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A boost to enchanting would fit best for Naga, since they were originally Highborne and still uphold a mastery over the Arcane. :)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

From MMO Champion
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/23 ... a-Sleep-Up

Vulpera waking up

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Oh no, they're cute
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rozzana »

Reading through the thread on mmochampion actually made me realize debating on what "what fits into the game" or "wouldn't make sense" in it's self doesn't make sense to argue over :lol:

I've turned over a new leaf, I think Vulpera would be a fine addition to the game no matter what faction they join. Players will be happy and they have to be earned/unlocked so they are not forced onto you. As a matter of fact, it doesn't make any sense to decree some WC3 dogma on a game that has branched from it since Vanilla. Even WC3 doesn't fit within the parameters people claims it follows.

It is cute, it is a fox, and people want to play it. And? That's it
People said the same about Elves--most people play them. People said the same about Draenei, still popular. Worgen and goblin were thrashed, game still plays the same. I admit being grossed out by them at first, but I realized I was being childish.

Since all future AR are speculation, there is no reason to hide hype on the "Vulpera Hype" post :)
If they do become playable, they do make a better option than the female Worgen (who have snaggle snouts).