Vulpera hype

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Re: Vulpera hype

Unread post by Silivren »

That is true but don't count anything out. They gave the alliance a group of renegade blood elves that turned to the void and have NO lore what so ever.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That is true, and whilst I like the thematics of VEs, I would have chosen Vrykuls over them if I were in Blizz's position.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Valnaaros wrote:Even still, there are far better options than Vulpera. Ethereals, Naga, Ogres, Krokul, Arakkoa, Vrykul, etc. These races have far more lore than Vulpera and have been requested for much, much longer. I find it bizarre that Vrykul weren't given to the Alliance due to their prominence in Legion, but it would be even stranger if they continue to not be playable.
This.

For me other than I find them horribly creepy, Blizzard had so many more options for playable races than a fur covered goblin with a squashed female worgen head.
No. No one is making anyone roll any specific race. But I feel Blizzard could have put those resources into so many other races people have begged for for 10+ years AND could actually fit into old & new lore.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

zedxrgal wrote: For me other than I find them horribly creepy, Blizzard had so many more options for playable races than a fur covered goblin with a squashed female worgen head.
No. No one is making anyone roll any specific race. But I feel Blizzard could have put those resources into so many other races people have begged for for 10+ years AND could actually fit into old & new lore.
My only issue with Vulpera are their faces, bc whoever is designing them clearly had a play with the female worgen ;) . But I wouldn't mind more small or even cute race types.

But I'm personally more in favor of "primitive" races becoming playable. I would love playing as a gnoll or murloc, which would be hilarious if the factions somehow earned the adoration of a tribe of them :lol:

Or if we have to have a cute small race, give us the Frenzyheart, they're way too adorable :hug:
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Personally not a fan of them either. They just look weird and creepy, and coming from an RP server, I can almost guarantee that they're going to get one of those "ugh, not one of those" sorts of reputations. I also agree with the notion that "more furry races for the sake of it" is extremely boring. Make them interesting to look at and give them a cool background and culture--that's the sort of thing that makes charr from Guild Wars 2 cool to me.

They were at one point the stereotypical savage and primitive bestial monster-people living an oppressive lie, ruled by false gods and the priesthood, and now, they're among the most technologically advanced races in the universe, with rifles, cannons and armored vehicles. They absolutely abhor religion and live in a rigid militarized society where your warband is more important than your blood family.

We don't know much about vulpera but right now they're just... tiny, weird-looking fox people that from appearances alone, none of my characters would want to interact with during RP. I saw someone suggest giving them tails, which just hurt my soul more.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Also, if the Alliance get the Vulpera and the Horde get the cobra race (Sethrek?) I'm just going to die. You could not get any more cliche than that.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

PrimalTazza wrote: I saw someone suggest giving them tails, which just hurt my soul more.
I'm sorry but I totally lol-ed at this. Loud enough that my coworker started. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

zedxrgal wrote:
PrimalTazza wrote: I saw someone suggest giving them tails, which just hurt my soul more.
I'm sorry but I totally lol-ed at this. Loud enough that my coworker started. :lol:
Tbh I think that would make them look more like a fox race, than a goblin rat. I think the tail is a nice touch on other races, so if they fix the proportions of their bodies and add a tail, it can improve some things in their design.

I'd say make the limbs slightly longer and thinner..and look more bestial, rather than humanoid. Right now they just look elongated and squashed in all the wrong ways imo. Like for example, the goats, tauren, and worgen all limbs specific to/matching their race. I'd want the same for the Vulpera, instead of giving them humanoid legs with furry clawed hobbit feet.
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

I don't see the problem with them as a WoW race...especially when most of the time (not just here) people are all for the sethrak being added as a WoW race, but not the Vulpera. Funny, since the sethrak have even less lore, are more backstory props at the moment (to the vulpera at that), less customization and so on. But I was told here when I mentioned all of that previously that if Sethrak have enough support for playability, Blizz would make it happen, so I suppose I'll say the same thing but in favor of the Vulpera: If Vulpera have enough support for playability, Blizz will make it happen.

But I loveeee the vulpera and I'll be thrilled if they get added someday. If not, I'm hoping the worgen get updated to at least that level of customization. As for sethrak, I could take them or leave them, but I'll. As for JRPG and cutesy...panderen and gnomes are cutesy are are canon WoW for a long time. Just because they don't fit your specific (general you) idea of WoW, does not mean they don't fit WoW in general (and obviously they do to Blizz because they're being added as NPCs for this world) or other people's idea of the game.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

People here have explained plenty what, in their eyes, is wrong with the Vulpera and how the Sethrak don't really have the problems that Vulpera do.

In the end, I would take Ethereals, Ogres, Naga, Broken, Vrykul, etc. over Vulpera and Sethraks. Races that have far more backstory and have been in demand for years should hold presidence over races that have only existed for a couple of months.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The problem with adding many of the older races like Ethereals (which I would love), is that they are faction neutral. I wouldn't want to deny Ethereals to the other faction.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Goblins were a neutral race after the fall of the Old Horde, but a cartel joined the Horde later on due to a series of events. If a good reason can be made for the Ethereals picking a side, then jt could work :)

Vrykul are currently neutral, but so were Nightborne and Highmountain. Just need the right things to happen in order for them to pick a side.

Broken are a given for the Alliance, and same for the Ogres and the Horde. Naga are the iffy ones, less because of possible alignment but more due to whether Blizz is willing to put in the effort for things like how the Naga would ride certain mounts.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

The problem here is continuously bashing the vulpera in a vulpera HYPE thread for people who enjoy them, it's almost gotten to the point of well I don't like it so here's why I'm telling you that you're wrong for liking and wanting it.

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

I'm a bit on the fence about Vulpera. I personally really like their look and think they are interesting, but I also agree with others here that certain sub-races *cough* allied races, should be added first. Though I wouldn't mind seeing them as a playable race in the future. :D

Personally, I would have greatly preferred Vrykul as the next human allied race vs. the Kultirans. I also honestly don't think they will ever add Naga as playable simply due to the tedious amount of work that would be required to conform all the clothing in game to a race without legs. I'd also still like to see Arakoa/Harpies someday or even Jinyu and Hozen. I would crate a Vrykul and a Hozen in a heartbeat if ever able! ;)

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

For the love of all that is good in this world and Azeroth, not Hozen. Please?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I would love Jinyu, but Hozen are just too much of a joke race to be taken seriously. Besides that, they have a maximum lifespan of 20 years.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I want Jinyu and Tortollan more than Vulpera. But I do want Vulpera.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Rozzana wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:
Tbh I think that would make them look more like a fox race, than a goblin rat. I think the tail is a nice touch on other races, so if they fix the proportions of their bodies and add a tail, it can improve some things in their design.

I'd say make the limbs slightly longer and thinner..and look more bestial, rather than humanoid. Right now they just look elongated and squashed in all the wrong ways imo. Like for example, the goats, tauren, and worgen all limbs specific to/matching their race. I'd want the same for the Vulpera, instead of giving them humanoid legs with furry clawed hobbit feet.
Um, they do have tails?

http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room#oE ... 3808Iot87V

Honestly, after seeing more customization, I dont hate them. (Especially since theres a smaller snout without that weird chihuahua dip that fem worgens have) Just the animations... because I hate goblin animations with a passion.

The sleeps pretty cute too.

Last edited by Lupen202 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Lupen Yeah, I looked at them in the dressing room a bit ago and noticed that, and I think some of the models shown on wowhead's article had tails. Not sure how the misinformation got started.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Probably earliest version

But yeah compare the snout of that one, to the newer version as well.

Early version is ugly af. But they def did a ton of work on the snout, eyes, even body. Arms are still way too long though.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |