WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post subject: Vulpera hype
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I know it's not confirmed yet, but I'm hyped

If they would playable, I want their mount to be either Trilobites or the new Hippos. Same for Hunter's starting pet.

edit

From MMO Champion
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2381804-Vulpera-Sleep-Up

Vulpera waking up

Last edited by pop on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Vulpera hype
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Shadow Council
Not to rain on your parade, but do know that Blizz released a blue post concerning the Vulpera. Basically, they said that just because they are listed in the same file as playable races, doesn't mean that they will be.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:53 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:
Not to rain on your parade, but do know that Blizz released a blue post concerning the Vulpera. Basically, they said that just because they are listed in the same file as playable races, doesn't mean that they will be.

Yes but then again Blizz always throws a red herring.
Blizz added masks for goblins and worgens way back and the amount of character customization as well as the availability of both sexes of an npc race make it a strong candidate playable.

Even if they are not going to be playable, one can wish!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:58 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

That's true, you never know what Blizz could do :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:28 am 
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Realm: Shadowsong, Borean Tundra
Personally, I hope they don't make it in. A good race isn't made from slapping an animal head on a person's body; that's just an animal mistaking itself as a person. There's a few beast races in Warcraft that are perfectly fine since they're bestial and/or not as human-like as the junk we have; Furbolgs, Gnolls, and so on. Both of them are so much better than midget gorilla foxes. I'm honestly sick of the humanoid animal trope because they just look so boring. I'm okay with them being cannon fodder for me to kill in games mind you, but I don't want one of those abominations in my party. I already can't stand Pandaren even though I know they've been canon forever. Tauren are fine (not Highmountain lazy effort Tauren though) since they're primitive in appearance and stature, but those Vulpera things just look wrong.

Less furry, more monster. Give Gnolls and Furbolgs the spotlight they deserve.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:32 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

WerebearGuy wrote:
Personally, I hope they don't make it in. A good race isn't made from slapping an animal head on a person's body; that's just an animal mistaking itself as a person. There's a few beast races in Warcraft that are perfectly fine since they're bestial and/or not as human-like as the junk we have; Furbolgs, Gnolls, and so on. Both of them are so much better than midget gorilla foxes. I'm honestly sick of the humanoid animal trope because they just look so boring. I'm okay with them being cannon fodder for me to kill in games mind you, but I don't want one of those abominations in my party. I already can't stand Pandaren even though I know they've been canon forever. Tauren are fine (not Highmountain lazy effort Tauren though) since they're primitive in appearance and stature, but those Vulpera things just look wrong.

Gnolls are just humanoid hyenas and Furbolgs are just humanoid bears. Vulpera seems to be intelligent, have their own distinct culture (berber + nomads), architecture while Gnolls and Furbolgs seems to be just too primitive.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:06 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
pop wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:

Blizz added masks for goblins and worgens way back and the amount of character customization as well as the availability of both sexes of an npc race make it a strong candidate playable.

As well as the fact that just recently, Blizzard kept insisting allied races were BfA content, going out of their way to imply we wouldn't get them with 7.3.5.

Yet here we are in 7.3.5 playing 4 of them.

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:34 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Qraljar wrote:
pop wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:

As well as the fact that just recently, Blizzard kept insisting allied races were BfA content, going out of their way to imply we wouldn't get them with 7.3.5.

Yet here we are in 7.3.5 playing 4 of them.

My theory is that Ji will recruit Vulpera while Aysa will recruit Jinyus.

But yea this is just my wishful thoughts rather than something that's really can be proven. Fight me, lol.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:49 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well, they said that the Allied Races wouldn't be released with 7.3.5, which they weren't. They never said that they wouldn't be available prior to BfA launching. The fact that they immediately put most of the data concerning 4 of the 6 into the ptr shows that their intention was never for those races to be BfA content. The Zandalari and DIs had no data in the ptr, due to them being BfA content.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Moon Guard
*Opens mouth to say something insightful.. See's the Gnolls aren't intelligent or have culture comment... Hangs head and pouts*
They do too have culture :c It's not the best culture and they're not the smartest creatures... But they've more brains than some of the Orc NPCs I've seen D;

Siggy under construction!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:33 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Bowno wrote:
*Opens mouth to say something insightful.. See's the Gnolls aren't intelligent or have culture comment... Hangs head and pouts*
They do too have culture :c It's not the best culture and they're not the smartest creatures... But they've more brains than some of the Orc NPCs I've seen D;

It's true that Gnolls are actually much more intelligent than they are shown to be ingame. They do also have culture, which was explored in the Traveler book.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:59 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Argent Dawn EU
WerebearGuy wrote:

I agree. I find them really annoying, I don't know why. I'm fine as long as they remain NPCs, but seeing them all over Orgrimmar for ever? No thanks.

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:37 pm 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Everywhere
Just wait till you see how bad all the old gear looks on them... :-)

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:43 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
WerebearGuy wrote:

This for me also. I know very little of these ..................... things ............ other than what I've seen & I do not like them. They creep me the hell out. Their faces have a crushed appearance. This is female worgen all over again. Only shorter. Scary that they are in the dressing room.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

pop wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:

From what I've read, apparently the Vulpera has strings attached to them for character creation and characters select screen, as well as the background used for when you create a Horde race, while other NPCs doesn't have that. So there's still a possibility, though Blizzard can always change their minds and remove those strings and not make them playable.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I haven't heard that. I just read that they are in the same files as playable and npc races, which Blizz clarified doesn't meant anything.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:23 pm 

Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.
I mean nobody would be forcing ya'll to play them if they became a playable race though? Some people here clearly like them/want them so I see no reason to take them off the table.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:51 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

True, no one is forcing any of us to play them, but that isn't why (at least for me) we're against them being playable. It is more that they just don't really feel like something that would be in WoW. They would fit far better in an JRPG due to their cutesy appearance, which WoW isn't.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:03 pm 

Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.
Valnaaros wrote:
True, no one is forcing any of us to play them, but that isn't why (at least for me) we're against them being playable. It is more that they just don't really feel like something that would be in WoW. They would fit far better in an JRPG due to their cutesy appearance, which WoW isn't.

Not true what so ever, it doesn't matter they're cutesy. Gnome are cutesy, Pandaren are cutesy. It shouldn't matter to anyone else. You can say they don't fit all you'd like but they are going to be in WoW already so making them playable hurts nothing. The point still is they may very well become a playable race, so maybe stop raining on everyone elses parade when they're excited about something? There is literally nothing negative that needs added, if you don't like them simply don't play them if they become playable it really is that simple.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:13 pm 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Even still, there are far better options than Vulpera. Ethereals, Naga, Ogres, Krokul, Arakkoa, Vrykul, etc. These races have far more lore than Vulpera and have been requested for much, much longer. I find it bizarre that Vrykul weren't given to the Alliance due to their prominence in Legion, but it would be even stranger if they continue to not be playable.