Vulpera hype

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Vulpera hype

Unread post by pop »

I know it's not confirmed yet, but I'm hyped

If they would playable, I want their mount to be either Trilobites or the new Hippos. Same for Hunter's starting pet.

edit

From MMO Champion
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/23 ... a-Sleep-Up

Vulpera waking up

Last edited by pop on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Vulpera hype

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Not to rain on your parade, but do know that Blizz released a blue post concerning the Vulpera. Basically, they said that just because they are listed in the same file as playable races, doesn't mean that they will be.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but do know that Blizz released a blue post concerning the Vulpera. Basically, they said that just because they are listed in the same file as playable races, doesn't mean that they will be.
Yes but then again Blizz always throws a red herring.
Blizz added masks for goblins and worgens way back and the amount of character customization as well as the availability of both sexes of an npc race make it a strong candidate playable.

Even if they are not going to be playable, one can wish!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's true, you never know what Blizz could do :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Personally, I hope they don't make it in. A good race isn't made from slapping an animal head on a person's body; that's just an animal mistaking itself as a person. There's a few beast races in Warcraft that are perfectly fine since they're bestial and/or not as human-like as the junk we have; Furbolgs, Gnolls, and so on. Both of them are so much better than midget gorilla foxes. I'm honestly sick of the humanoid animal trope because they just look so boring. I'm okay with them being cannon fodder for me to kill in games mind you, but I don't want one of those abominations in my party. I already can't stand Pandaren even though I know they've been canon forever. Tauren are fine (not Highmountain lazy effort Tauren though) since they're primitive in appearance and stature, but those Vulpera things just look wrong.

Less furry, more monster. Give Gnolls and Furbolgs the spotlight they deserve.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

WerebearGuy wrote:Personally, I hope they don't make it in. A good race isn't made from slapping an animal head on a person's body; that's just an animal mistaking itself as a person. There's a few beast races in Warcraft that are perfectly fine since they're bestial and/or not as human-like as the junk we have; Furbolgs, Gnolls, and so on. Both of them are so much better than midget gorilla foxes. I'm honestly sick of the humanoid animal trope because they just look so boring. I'm okay with them being cannon fodder for me to kill in games mind you, but I don't want one of those abominations in my party. I already can't stand Pandaren even though I know they've been canon forever. Tauren are fine (not Highmountain lazy effort Tauren though) since they're primitive in appearance and stature, but those Vulpera things just look wrong.

Gnolls are just humanoid hyenas and Furbolgs are just humanoid bears. Vulpera seems to be intelligent, have their own distinct culture (berber + nomads), architecture while Gnolls and Furbolgs seems to be just too primitive.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

pop wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but do know that Blizz released a blue post concerning the Vulpera. Basically, they said that just because they are listed in the same file as playable races, doesn't mean that they will be.
Blizz added masks for goblins and worgens way back and the amount of character customization as well as the availability of both sexes of an npc race make it a strong candidate playable.

As well as the fact that just recently, Blizzard kept insisting allied races were BfA content, going out of their way to imply we wouldn't get them with 7.3.5.

Yet here we are in 7.3.5 playing 4 of them.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Qraljar wrote:
pop wrote:

As well as the fact that just recently, Blizzard kept insisting allied races were BfA content, going out of their way to imply we wouldn't get them with 7.3.5.

Yet here we are in 7.3.5 playing 4 of them.

My theory is that Ji will recruit Vulpera while Aysa will recruit Jinyus.

But yea this is just my wishful thoughts rather than something that's really can be proven. Fight me, lol.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Well, they said that the Allied Races wouldn't be released with 7.3.5, which they weren't. They never said that they wouldn't be available prior to BfA launching. The fact that they immediately put most of the data concerning 4 of the 6 into the ptr shows that their intention was never for those races to be BfA content. The Zandalari and DIs had no data in the ptr, due to them being BfA content.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

*Opens mouth to say something insightful.. See's the Gnolls aren't intelligent or have culture comment... Hangs head and pouts*
They do too have culture :c It's not the best culture and they're not the smartest creatures... But they've more brains than some of the Orc NPCs I've seen D;

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Bowno wrote:*Opens mouth to say something insightful.. See's the Gnolls aren't intelligent or have culture comment... Hangs head and pouts*
They do too have culture :c It's not the best culture and they're not the smartest creatures... But they've more brains than some of the Orc NPCs I've seen D;
It's true that Gnolls are actually much more intelligent than they are shown to be ingame. They do also have culture, which was explored in the Traveler book.
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

WerebearGuy wrote:Personally, I hope they don't make it in. A good race isn't made from slapping an animal head on a person's body; that's just an animal mistaking itself as a person. There's a few beast races in Warcraft that are perfectly fine since they're bestial and/or not as human-like as the junk we have; Furbolgs, Gnolls, and so on. Both of them are so much better than midget gorilla foxes. I'm honestly sick of the humanoid animal trope because they just look so boring. I'm okay with them being cannon fodder for me to kill in games mind you, but I don't want one of those abominations in my party. I already can't stand Pandaren even though I know they've been canon forever. Tauren are fine (not Highmountain lazy effort Tauren though) since they're primitive in appearance and stature, but those Vulpera things just look wrong.

I agree. I find them really annoying, I don't know why. I'm fine as long as they remain NPCs, but seeing them all over Orgrimmar for ever? No thanks.

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Just wait till you see how bad all the old gear looks on them... :-)
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This for me also. I know very little of these ..................... things ............ other than what I've seen & I do not like them. They creep me the hell out. Their faces have a crushed appearance. This is female worgen all over again. Only shorter. Scary that they are in the dressing room.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

pop wrote:

From what I've read, apparently the Vulpera has strings attached to them for character creation and characters select screen, as well as the background used for when you create a Horde race, while other NPCs doesn't have that. So there's still a possibility, though Blizzard can always change their minds and remove those strings and not make them playable.
ImageImage
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I haven't heard that. I just read that they are in the same files as playable and npc races, which Blizz clarified doesn't meant anything.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I mean nobody would be forcing ya'll to play them if they became a playable race though? Some people here clearly like them/want them so I see no reason to take them off the table.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

True, no one is forcing any of us to play them, but that isn't why (at least for me) we're against them being playable. It is more that they just don't really feel like something that would be in WoW. They would fit far better in an JRPG due to their cutesy appearance, which WoW isn't.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Valnaaros wrote:True, no one is forcing any of us to play them, but that isn't why (at least for me) we're against them being playable. It is more that they just don't really feel like something that would be in WoW. They would fit far better in an JRPG due to their cutesy appearance, which WoW isn't.
Not true what so ever, it doesn't matter they're cutesy. Gnome are cutesy, Pandaren are cutesy. It shouldn't matter to anyone else. You can say they don't fit all you'd like but they are going to be in WoW already so making them playable hurts nothing. The point still is they may very well become a playable race, so maybe stop raining on everyone elses parade when they're excited about something? There is literally nothing negative that needs added, if you don't like them simply don't play them if they become playable it really is that simple.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Even still, there are far better options than Vulpera. Ethereals, Naga, Ogres, Krokul, Arakkoa, Vrykul, etc. These races have far more lore than Vulpera and have been requested for much, much longer. I find it bizarre that Vrykul weren't given to the Alliance due to their prominence in Legion, but it would be even stranger if they continue to not be playable.