Hati?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Hati?

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Britty wrote:
Yaone wrote:Did you see what Muffinus tweeted a couple hours ago? Sigh, that made me sad lol
Does.... does that mean he's actually somewhere or is he just teasing us that we lost him?

Because I will go around searching for him if he's around, I just don't want to waste time if he's not.
Well that post would be in super bad taste if he has been completely removed.

I'd like to think they're not that inconsiderate, and he's currently in game somewhere...
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Where do you start the questline to get Hati removed. .or is there none? Hubby did not get a cutscene just a note that his talent needed to be set. .

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Tårnfalk wrote:Where do you start the questline to get Hati removed. .or is there none? Hubby did not get a cutscene just a note that his talent needed to be set. .
There isn't one - he's just gone when you log in, as artifacts talents have been removed.

If you want 2 pets now you have to talent it on the first tier (and then you can't get dire beast).
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I know about the talent.. Hubby had just read that there would be some quests involved to make one ready for BFA

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There are no quests regarding Hati, nor are there any quests for the sentient Artifacts or the more memorable ones (Ashbringer, Doomhammer, Scythe of Elune, etc). If they aren't going to do anything for the sentient artifacts - which were loved by more of the playerbase than Hati was - then they aren't going to do any quests for Hati.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

At least Xal'atath and Aluneth are still talking to me, surprisingly enough. I guess 8.0 was just a setback? Well, other than for poor Hati....
But if my staff and knife are still conscious by some miracle, Hati might be out there somewhere.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I would assume that it is easy to keep the sentient artifacts around since all they do is just talk. Hati was an actual npc. Since two pets is no longer baseline for BM, they couldn't just make it so that when you xmog Titanstrike, you get Hati.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Even Mimiron and his assistant is missing from our order hall.
ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

I think we need to be looking for Mimiron, not Hati. I don’t know why, just a hunch.
Enikka & Gara.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:There are no quests regarding Hati, nor are there any quests for the sentient Artifacts or the more memorable ones (Ashbringer, Doomhammer, Scythe of Elune, etc). If they aren't going to do anything for the sentient artifacts - which were loved by more of the playerbase than Hati was - then they aren't going to do any quests for Hati.
...but they did do something for the sentient artifacts?

They made it so they still whisper to you if you transmog to their skins. It wasn't like that originally.
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

Valnaaros wrote:I would assume that it is easy to keep the sentient artifacts around since all they do is just talk. Hati was an actual npc. Since two pets is no longer baseline for BM, they couldn't just make it so that when you xmog Titanstrike, you get Hati.
It wasn't hard: all they had to do was dump a bunch of spirit beasts on the mountain behind the class hall with the various colours, and name them 'Remnant of Hati', Hati's Offspring', etc. I imagine most people would have been (mainly) satisfied with that. Obviously a mini quest/scenario would have been better, but would also require more work (so not to be expected).

Other classes aren't required to jump through stupid hoops to transmog their artifact weapons, so I don't really like that Hunter's are being goaded to search for him. Especially as they're just teasing instead of actually confirming he's in the game so we know we aren't just wasting our time. And lets face it, a large majority of us HATED that artifact weapon because it was a gun - Hati was the only good part.

If he was somewhere obvious the teasing would have been fine. As it seems he isn't somewhere obvious they should at least give us confirmation that he either is or is not in-game. If they got everyone's hopes up that he's still around, when they know he isn't that's just cruel.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As I said, I would think that it would be easier to make things whisper to you compared to having a transmog summon an npc that is capable of performing dps without there being a lot of potential issues.

I don't recall seeing any new Hati npcs in the DB, nor anything that has a different name but shares the same model. It is quite possible that people are searching for nothing.