Hati?

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Hati?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Nothing at all. With Character Copies, the Artifacts are already retired in the Beta. We do not know what happens after we join Magni in Silithus with the Artifacts, and there hasn't been a mention of it. It is possible that they are keeping quiet due to it spoiling what will be happening.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:Nothing at all. With Character Copies, the Artifacts are already retired in the Beta. We do not know what happens after we join Magni in Silithus with the Artifacts, and there hasn't been a mention of it. It is possible that they are keeping quiet due to it spoiling what will be happening.
I thought WoWhead already did a cover on what that cutscene was after we join Magni. I remember there being a very detailed video that showed what we 'do' with the Artifacts (not saying here just in case) and a bit after that.

Unless you mean after that anyways lol

But in regards to Hati, there's nothing been shed so far that I've seen on beta with character copy enabled.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I meant after that cutscene. We only know up to that point :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Most likely if there is anything they are keeping quiet but as a long time supporter of #savehati I am pleased we have in a sense won the fight may not have our lovable storm mutt but Blizzard did listen to us and we have animal companion now and being in beta I am liking it a lot as much as when I had Hati.

If there is a chance to #savehati I will still want him saved but for now I am actually content with my new talent so thanks to Blizzard again for listening to us hunters who wanted the two pets back and even better it is from my own stable.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

For those of us who enjoy hunting with two identical pets (Essence Swapper), imagine how much fun that will be when we'd LIKE to run with one that happens to be a difficult tame, or a particularly rare one?

I personally always run with matching pets AND a matching battlepet (I like to think of them as the parents and their baby).
Last edited by Sukurachi on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Valnaaros wrote:I meant after that cutscene. We only know up to that point :)
Ah okay, gotcha. My bad :)

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Personally, I think it'd be neat if they had Hati in the cave above the Hunter Class hall alongside Skoll or another Special Wolf, and have pups around them of all the different hati skins that you unlocked (there's different colors for each artifact), that you are able to tame (with an instant respawn so it doesn't feel like you're stealing their baby) (I don't think Skoll's gender has ever been confirmed at least?). :P

Just add an NPC (A mechagnome? A Northrend Vrykul hunter?) there saying they're there to take care of Hati and her pups, and they're grateful that we were able to separate Hati from Titanstrike before we drained its power.

It's about time they make use of that cave, since it was ditched after the marksman hidden artifact plans.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Myzou wrote:(I don't think Skoll's gender has ever been confirmed at least?). :P
If their names follow their actual name sake they are the Sons of Fenrir in Norse Mythology. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hati has been refered to as a He a couple of times during the Titanstrike acquisition questline. Wowpedia also has him listed as a He.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

lilaughingwolf wrote:
Myzou wrote:(I don't think Skoll's gender has ever been confirmed at least?). :P
If their names follow their actual name sake they are the Sons of Fenrir in Norse Mythology. :)
If both are male, they could adopt or find a surrogate mother, like some wild animals do.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

That would be a cool idea!
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

They don't need to adopt, do they? I mean, they're brothers, not a couple. And it's Hati's appearance we want, so Hati could find a nice lady-wolf and they could have pups. Though, Skoll having a lady-friend and some of those unused Skolls appearances as pups would be a nice bonus.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Teigan wrote:They don't need to adopt, do they? I mean, they're brothers, not a couple. .
This.

I'd be content to see Hati back with Thorim, getting some well deserved rest.

Actually, thinking about it, that's quite possible. With the energy drained from the artifact, Hati may no longer be bound to it.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

That's what I want for Hati too. He deserves to go home, and I'm sure Thorim misses him. I hope Blizzard bothers to tell us what becomes of him.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

So the latest beta build made it so if you transmog to a Titanstrike skin, Hati comes to your side. If it's intentional/work in progress is anyone's guess.

It's obviously not finished, because Hati attacks for you, and they wouldn't give you a combat advantage for a transmog type. (So if you use animal companion and transmog to titanstrike, you have 3 pets, though you have to switch the combat stance of your pet to defensive then back to assist for all 3 to be able to attack)

Though that's not a bad compromise, IMO. If they have a *totally* cosmetic form of Hati follow you around if you transmog to Titanstrike.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Myzou wrote:So the latest beta build made it so if you transmog to a Titanstrike skin, Hati comes to your side. If it's intentional/work in progress is anyone's guess.

It's obviously not finished, because Hati attacks for you, and they wouldn't give you a combat advantage for a transmog type. (So if you use animal companion and transmog to titanstrike, you have 3 pets, though you have to switch the combat stance of your pet to defensive then back to assist for all 3 to be able to attack)

Though that's not a bad compromise, IMO. If they have a *totally* cosmetic form of Hati follow you around if you transmog to Titanstrike.

Oh please god no. I actually like the BM appearance and if hati comes with it, it’s dead to me.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I can see why some people might like that, but I think three full size pets following me would be stressful. And, even if I wasn't using Animal Companion, I still probably wouldn't want that.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Is there any tamable hati skins in BFA?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Teigan wrote:I can see why some people might like that, but I think three full size pets following me would be stressful. And, even if I wasn't using Animal Companion, I still probably wouldn't want that.
Agreed. It would be a bit overwhelming, especially if all of the pets are full-sized.

@Pop. There are currently no tamable Hati skins in the Beta. The unused black Hati variant that was found in Zuldazar has been changed to a different model.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Is it weird I'd like to see Hati be turned into a non-combat pet?

Like a gift from Mimiron. Something along the lines of, "Alas, Hati was a part of Titanstrike when you had to drain its power to save Azeroth. However, a genius like myself managed to extract the part of Hati that was still dormant in the artifact. He's not as big as he used to be, and he's lost his ability to battle by your side, but Thorim belives he's safest with you."

Then have it be a color changing pet that changes whenever you summon him into the different colors you have unlocked for him. And if you have Titanstrike Transmoged, it will always summon as the color associated with whatever titanstrike skin you're using.