Predictions for Battle For Azeroth (just for fun)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Predictions for Battle For Azeroth (just for fun)

Unread post by Teigan »

Alright, so we're getting all kinds of cool information about BFA. But...what do you think could happen, large or small, silly or not, that hasn't been announced yet?

I'll start with this: we will get the option to hide gloves, or an invisible mog for them.

Why? Well, in the cinematic for Legion, King Varian quite noticeably went into battle without shoulders. And we got the option to hide shoulders, which we'd mostly all wanted! In the cinematic for 7.3.5, King Anduin handles the azurite without gloves on, in contrast to anyone else in the cinematic who handled the stuff. He even had gloves on at the beginning, but took them off at the end. So, hidden gloves. Obviously, that's what it means! :D
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Predictions for Battle For Azeroth (just for fun)

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would be super happy with more invisible options for pieces!

I'm not sure if this counts as a prediction at this point because there's so much foreshadowing, but I'm really convinced that the shallow faction war is just the surface of an impending plot involving the old gods and personally I can't wait!

So many people were ready to write off this xpac as filler, but I think blizzard has a lot more in store.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Teigan wrote:we will get the option to hide gloves, or an invisible mog for them
I swear I saw a datamined invisible hand transmog item somewhere. I really want one.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The datamining has already made it extremely clear that this xpac is far more about N'zoth than the faction war. Several dungeons are basically "go in and kill this servant of N'zoth". It was hoped that N'zoth would be much more subtle, but it isn't looking that way, I'm afraid :(
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I think unlike Legion where we first united and then we were at each others' neck at Stormheim, there would be a patch that reconciles our differences because, surprise, we have to be united again to face another enemy.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, the whole "it's a pvp expansion" illusion didn't hold up too well. :)
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Well.. the whole pvp expac thing is a little extreme, but what we aren't seeing now is the day-to-day portions, and if you look at Mists, you'll have a very good example of what it's likely going to be.

Frankly, I prefer it this way instead of having missions to take the other factions Warden Towers, and then 2 minutes later being all "We all live in the same class hall, the same class hall, the same class hall...".

Mists had a good balance for this. (With the side effect of flying into the wrong temple if you played both factions... :-)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, I think people started to jump to the conclusion that this was going to be a pvp xpac, and it isn't. Your comparison, Slick, is pretty spot on :)
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Since this is just for fun and not very likely:

Since druids have different forms for different races. Well, now Warlocks will get that as well! If you are a void elf, all your demons will be void creatures!