Petopia official BfA model image page

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Petopia official BfA model image page

Unread post by Wain »

Oh yeah, I’ll add the crawgs, thanks :). I don’t know if they’d be the kind of thing that the designers would make tameable, but it can’t hurt either way.

I didn’t add the wicker beasts because it seems that they’re animated wicker statues that happen to be beast-shaped. It’s still not impossible they’ll be tameable and I’ll add them if it looks like they’re going that way.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The page is updated with crawgs and now officially linked from the main page:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/bfalooks.php

Thanks everyone for your feedback :D

I tweeted about it, but for those of you that don't follow Twitter, SpiritBinder made up a fun pic to test your Huntery skills. See how many potential BfA pets you can spot, camouflaged in this scene:

Attachments
BFACamoBanner.jpg
BFACamoBanner.jpg (925.23 KiB) Viewed 13575 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I count 14 (13 if that lizard beneath the Pterrodax isn't one of them). Nicely done, Spiritbinder :)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Oh, nice, SpiritBinder~ I count 13 myself, but I'm probably missing one somewhere :lol:
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Crawgs better be tameable. I mean, we can tame Chimaeron who isn't even a proper beast since it's just a reanimated corpse like Frankenstein. Crawgs look like they're summoned rather than born, but they're FAR more believable as hunter pets than Chimaeron! Not that I hate my two and a half headed hydra, mind you, but still.

I know exactly which colors of each model I want, unless more new skins pop up at any point. Can't wait.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Chimaeron isn't exactly a normal tame. Similar to tames like Thok and Chromagus, Chimaeron was just something fun made available to tame that didn't have ties to the lore (both Thok, Chromagus, and Chimaeron were killed, not tamed).

The Crawgs, going by what was said at Blizzcon, are the corrupted spawn of a frog loa. Whether we can tame them will ultimately be determined whether any ordinary hunter would be able to subdue one or if it would require dark magics.

This thread really isn't for this subject. Better for it to be over on the main creatures thread :)
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

13, or 14 if the little lizard under the pterrodax is a potential pet.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

What about some of the Loa models? I mean, we can tame Loque'nahak, so it's not like their models are off-limits, right? Plus those new horned frogs come in multiple colors.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Loque is an empowered beast, but not a Loa. His mate, Har'koa, is a Loa, but he isn't. The models themselves aren't necessarily off-limits, but it comes down to whether Blizz wants them to be unique to the Loa or not. For example, the models of the August Celestials are unique to just them and have never been made tamable on another beast.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Valnaaros wrote:Loque is an empowered beast, but not a Loa. His mate, Har'koa, is a Loa, but he isn't. The models themselves aren't necessarily off-limits, but it comes down to whether Blizz wants them to be unique to the Loa or not. For example, the models of the August Celestials are unique to just them and have never been made tamable on another beast.
So, too "iffy" to include I suppose? That makes sense.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'll happily include any of the loa models if it looks like Blizz is going to make tameable beasts with them, but I probably won't before that point. You're right, I probably wouldn't have initially included the Loque model back in the day, as it would have seemed unlikely to end up tameable (and I'd clearly have been wrong). I'm usually the same with saddled/pack creatures, until Blizzard proves otherwise. Maybe I could include the fancy gold riding raptor, which I think looks a lot like the loa, since riding raptors have a history of appearing as tameables.

However, your comment did make me think of the toad loa, which looks pretty beastly and even has a mount version, and that led me to think of the new beastly toad model, which looks pretty savage and non-critter. Maybe I should put the toad version up, at least, and wait and see what the designers decide to do. If they do make toads tameable in this xpac then the load model could be an option for spirit beasts.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I like your portmanteau of loa and toad to make load.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Equeon wrote:I like your portmanteau of loa and toad to make load.
:D I didn't notice that!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I wouldn't be surprised if we get tamable frogs/toads this xpac. However, a mount version doesn't necessarily mean that there'll be a tamable version. Ban-Lu and Yu'lei are two examples where there is a mount version but not a tamable version.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Wain, just so you know the lizards show up as Crocolisks when tamed :) Talon was a Bird of Prey and the Nevermore (white raven) was a Carrion Bird if that helps. So far still no other skins but the two for the lizards :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

lilaughingwolf wrote:Wain, just so you know the lizards show up as Crocolisks when tamed :) Talon was a Bird of Prey and the Nevermore (white raven) was a Carrion Bird if that helps. So far still no other skins but the two for the lizards :(
Probably temporary, since the Komodos aren't like crocolisks outside of being reptiles (unless Blizz intends on changing Crocolisk into a different family).
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Regarding the Loa toads.. if they make mounts of them.. they certainly should be tameable. IF they are to special to tame, we shouldn't be riding them either (at least as acquired mounts).
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Awesome job, Wain! Thank you so much for your hard work! Also, haaaawwwwks! <3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Depends on whether all of the toads are Loa or not. They may just share the same model.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Rhyela wrote:Awesome job, Wain! Thank you so much for your hard work! Also, haaaawwwwks! <3

x100