Some of the new tamables I have found.

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Some of the new tamables I have found.

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

As much as I love the cats, I really want the Thornhides to become pets. I just parked my horde character there where they walk around, and I am waiting to grab one when it's time. What would it be though, if it were to become tameable? A turtle, or a bear?
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

The cats are likely a bug. They originally used a tiger model, so tameability likely got carried over from that.

I don't see them giving us tameable druid forms. They caved with the owlkittens because that was just the hidden appearance for druids, not a base form like these cats and thornhides are.

In fact, there's quite a few instances of the cat form that are not tameable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There is an unarmored version of the Sabertusks, which will probably act as wild versions. I wouldn't mind if those models became tamable since they are distinguishable from the Druid Forms.

@Werebearguy Turtle, if just between those two. But my money is on there being a new dinosaur family.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can see why people compare it to a turtle, but I think they're supposed to be more reminiscent of something like an ankylosaur, considering the dino-theme of the Zandalari:
They just didn't give it the long tail (likely for animation reasons). :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Aye, I've viewed it as an Ankylo since the day it was datamined :) Just between bear and turtle, I would think they would be apart of the latter. But most likely there will be a new family for them should they become tamable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow. I'm going to have to add that Druid 'cat' Dino to the database it seems. I really wasn't expecting those!

And the Muppets reference is so gorgeous. I have Rainbow Connection going through my head now :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.