New Talent Animal Companion for BM = 2 pets out!

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Re: New Talent Animal Companion for BM = 2 pets out!

Unread post by Shelassa »

I am glad Blizzard is re-introducing the 2nd pet option as a talent. As a one hunter-one pet enthusiast, this pleases me x)

Now I hope they take a look at Big Game Hunter - since it would be competing with the Animal Companion and Dire Beast, and, frankly, looking lacklustre compared to other two, but remaining the only option for no second pet / no additional beasts gameplay x)
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

We'll see how it comes out, but so far, it seems a fair solution. I hope to it is adquate for those who want to use it, but not absolutely optimal and thus mandatory. I at time would bring along a second, since it would actually be my own pet this time. But generally, I'd like going back to the days of a dwarf and her pet, killing stuff together. Plus, two pets are hell on taking nice screen shots!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm very much pleased with this option. A talent is easy enough to change, and now I can be the one to make the conscious decision whether or not I want two pets out rather than having that forced upon me
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

said this before on this.. only want it if the pet AI for this is a lot better than Hati was. Hati wasn't a very bright pet...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

SlickrockGhost wrote:said this before on this.. only want it if the pet AI for this is a lot better than Hati was. Hati wasn't a very bright pet...
Agreed. If the AI is just as bad or worse than it currently is on Live, then I may not go with the second pet talent (even though I do want to).
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Xella wrote:
SlickrockGhost wrote:
If it stays, they better fix it.. there's a bug with it that gimps your dps.
wait, what? A little offtopic but this is the first I'm hearing of this, what's the deal there?
Forgive me if someone answered, my kid woke me up at 4am - there is a bug with the dire stable glyph that causes your dire beast to miss something like one in every 5 melee attacks. So it is a dps loss. Nesingwary’s Nemeses or no glyph at all appear to be the best choices.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

viaradda wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I'm also glad that it'll finally be our own pet.
That's the one part that disappoints me. I'm going to miss my Dreamway Prowler Pup.
This. I've grown attached to my pup. :(

I do wonder if this means we'll get tameable versions of Hati.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

I don't like that it is on the same row as dire beast. As dire beast is part of my beast mastery class fantasy. I want to have a lot of pets out. Which will be impossible if I also want to have two pets.
jna3773
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU) (Ally) Earthen-Ring (EU) (Horde)

Unread post by jna3773 »

a talent choice, sounds allright with me.

@Tomb - that could be a drawback if you are used to dire beast. Maybe Blizz can finetune the placement of the 2 pet talent ?
Maybe if enough people want dire beast to be used as well, they might change the position (if there's a better position or row to set the talent).
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Couldn't they just make it into a glyph? Your dire beast now summons a pet from the first slot of your stable ?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I really wish they had it working so it can be tested on if it is worth it or not :( Still isn't working for me in Alpha.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I hope it doesn't stay on the same row as Dire Beast. Because I know a lot of people will want both, they like that zoo feel. And there are people, like me, who want neither. And only having one choice, especially one as unappealing as "Big Game Master", is unappealing. I'd rather have a talent option that made my real pet more awesome, and that didn't switch off near the beginning of a fight.
Skeppio
Realm: Khaz'Goroth (US)

Unread post by Skeppio »

Sadly it means I won't be able to go dual slimes anymore, but I'll take the win!