Updated Tameable Beast Image Comparisons

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Updated Tameable Beast Image Comparisons

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wow, the new models are really gorgeous, I love the look of them. Much better details, good faces, more great attention to the undersides. But yet again, and I'm starting to feel like a broken record here, I wish the artists could like...actually look at the thing they're revamping and pay attention to colour choice.

I don't mean to sound so salty it's just getting really frustrating to me that they don't even seem to bother trying to uphold the appearance and colours of the originals. I haven't kept a lot of beetles over the course of my WoW time, but the blue scarab and the black and white one were my two favourites. The new scarab lacks that pretty blue colour the first one had, the indigo is dulled down to something closer to grey, and the black and white one, well, isn't even black anymore.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Ahhh I love the new beetles/scarabs, maybe I'll actually use one now. :3

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Some of the colors are a big miss. The steel one used to make a good black beetle, but not anymore. My beetle pet is a turquoise one, and I like how the new model has turned out. I see there's a gold beetle, if it's too special for a beetle pet, it could be some kind of solar spirit beast. Without the file names, I would never have guessed it was to be a replacement for an existing skin.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Vephriel wrote:Wow, the new models are really gorgeous, I love the look of them. Much better details, good faces, more great attention to the undersides. But yet again, and I'm starting to feel like a broken record here, I wish the artists could like...actually look at the thing they're revamping and pay attention to colour choice.

I don't mean to sound so salty it's just getting really frustrating to me that they don't even seem to bother trying to uphold the appearance and colours of the originals. I haven't kept a lot of beetles over the course of my WoW time, but the blue scarab and the black and white one were my two favourites. The new scarab lacks that pretty blue colour the first one had, the indigo is dulled down to something closer to grey, and the black and white one, well, isn't even black anymore.
I'm right here with you- a gorgeous update model wise, and on their own the skins are quite nice, but- what... happened to them? The black and white was my absolute favorite and I used one frequently, but it looks so desaturated and foggy now there's no point in keeping him- all the appeal of the old skin is gone. :/

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Qraljar wrote:It seems the legs on the mine spider model got fixed. That's good.
Now I just need the tarantula to have its chelicerae fixed in the idle animation.
I'd love this too, but my hopes aren't very high considering the models have always had that. I'd like to see the eagle model's broken leg fixed too, but...mmm. Not sure if they'll go back for small things like that. :/
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You never know. They fixed the mine spider, so there is hope that other things will be fixed :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I totally agree with you Vephriel. The scarabs looks amazing as an individual skin.. but not as remake of the original colors.. I feel so sorry for you guys :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Were is the green on the red one? It's like it's not even the same skin.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'll be honest; I LOVE the updated white/grey one, and all of the Uldum Scarabs got MASSIVELY improved. I'm a little saddened by the green and purple becoming green and blue, as I can't throw out GREEN AND PURPLE weed jokes anymore. Orange and blue looks like a fantastic new color, and the rest are fine. However, as others stated and have already pointed out every issue, the black one is totally wrong and the red and green got F'd the hell up. Those two need SERIOUS reworks because of how awful that is. They're good skins, but they are unacceptable replacements.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh...
Well......
Huh..........

I guess as stand alones, they would be amazingly, awesomely incredible. As replacements, however. Dear god. Blizz, please. You have wonderful artists; that is obvious. But perhaps they could look at what they are supposed to be updating and make it look a bit more like that.

I adored the green and red one. Seeing it changed to that does not make me happy. It looks like a project car with an amateur paint job.

Attachments
car.jpg
car.jpg (85.15 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Haha, that red flames on "black" car is a perfect analogy.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Yeah, as standalones I'd be thrilled. But you can't look at those and call them honest replacements for "red and green" or "black and white" scarabs.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Equeon wrote:Yeah, as standalones I'd be thrilled. But you can't look at those and call them honest replacements for "red and green" or "black and white" scarabs.
Pretty much how I feel too. I think the base model is an honest update, but those paint jobs... the colors don't look at all similar and those markings aren't even close. As Equeon said (and someone else earlier, sorry didn't see name), if these were standalone models or even like 'hey new scarabs but they've been painted by Zandalari or Blood trolls!' then I'd forgive the markings even. But replacements....?

Makes me just as displeased as the whole Karkin crab issue. But maybe even worse, because sorry, those replacements are not even in the ballpark of the original scarabs.

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Yeah tbh the few beetles I did like, I completely lost interest in due to the color changes. But the darker one--the violet/blackish beetle--I think that one looks really pretty.
At least these new models have at least succeeded in re-sparking my interests in older families. I will def go get a demon dog, since I always loved them but the old model got to me. However, I wish they kept their original animation. Their little hops used to always making me smile :(

Also maybe some of these color change bummers are blessings in disguise--I can clear my stables easier :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

My tweet to the Q&A:

https://twitter.com/waynegwoods/status/ ... 96288?s=21

If anyone wants to tweet their own concerns (or post on the forum thread) please do so, and feel free to link them here so we can like them in support :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Very well said, Wain! I hooe that they will choose it as one of their questions :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I feel like the Q&A will ignore anything that doesn't already have an answer, just like last time. They skipped so many good questions, only answer things we had already known from earlier news and streams. The chance of them answering any question related to a hunter pet is extremely low, especially if they cherry pick questions to reinforce things we already knew.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think that's quite possible, but sometimes it can be useful to convey a concern, even if the chance of them addressing it publicly is not great.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.